• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Luis suarez is just fully versed in the arts of gamesmanship and has the capacit

Status
Not open for further replies.

HC

Very Well-Known
y to cheat...

Today wasn't the first time this season let alone in this career whereby he's cheated.

He gets up from rodwells knee rubbing against him and nothing happens, instead he goes down like a sack of shit

I'd like go think Kenny will have words with him.

Neither Skysports , final score or motd picked up on Suarez going down like that so maybe it's just me?

Re: Luis Suarez the cheat ?

I don't like it but it's not gonna change. It;s the way football is now.

Has anything been said about all the stuff the everton fans kept throwing on the pitch?

Does he go down where's there's no contact? I've seen Gerrard going down and winning a pen for a slight touch and everyone harping on that if there's contact,however slight, it's a freekick. Cheating is going down with no contact. He's not a cheat but a bit of an over egging it drama queen. Still boss though.

The 3D Sky commentary team were winding me up saying he made a meal of it.

Whilst I'm not defending him in general, 'cos he is prone to standard South American overreaction, Roswell bashed into his ankle and knee whilst both were travelling in the opposite direction. I'm pretty sure it wasn't painless, regardless of whether it was a foul.

You only need to look at the peno to see he is prone to theatrics regardless of right/wrong.

Hasn't done Drogba, Rooney, Nani, Lampard etc etc etc any harm over the years.

If you can't beat them join them and all that.

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=47062.msg1407647#msg1407647 date=1317508693]
Today wasn't the first time this season let alone in this career whereby he's cheated.

He gets up from rosewood knee rubbing against him and nothing happens, instead he goes down like a sack of shit

I'd like go think Kenny will have words with him.

Neither Skysports , final score or motd picked up on Suarez going down like that so maybe it's just me?
[/quote]

He is a cheat and a great actor mate, but he is our cheat and actor so I will stick by him so long as he does not spit at other people or get sent off, and he wins us games I really don't give a sh*t.

MORON

I think we have to accept the fact that Suarez is the type of player who will always ham it up a bit after a bad tackle. However Rodwell's tackle was right in front of Martin Atkinson so if there was any simulation, he should have seen it.

I don't feel at all guilty about Rodwell's sending off, because Liverpool have lost plenty of points in the past because of Martin Atkinson's shit refereeing. I groaned when I saw that he was today's ref, but as it turned out it was in our favour. :)

As I said in a thread last week, if he didn't play for us we'd think he was the biggest cunt in the League. By a mile. But he does play for us so meh.

[quote author=Portly link=topic=47062.msg1407662#msg1407662 date=1317511423]
I think we have to accept the fact that Suarez is the type of player who will always ham it up a bit after a bad tackle. However Rodwell's tackle was right in front of Martin Atkinson so if there was any simulation, he should have seen it.

I don't feel at all guilty about Rodwell's sending off, because Liverpool have lost plenty of points in the past because of Martin Atkinson's shit refereeing. I groaned when I saw that he was today's ref, but as it turned out it was in our favour. :)
[/quote]

I reckon Rodwell didn't do himself any favours, watch the tackle again, as soon as Rodwell is back on his feet he has his hands on his head. It suggests to the ref that he knows it was a bad tackle and he knows he's for the red card.

rodwell cleanly wins the ball and then goes through suarez, it's not even a foul let alone a red card.

I used to think that Martin Atkinson had a vendetta against us, but now I have come to realise that he is just crap.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=47062.msg1407668#msg1407668 date=1317512234]
I thought that was because the ref had given a foul?
[/quote]

Maybe I misread it. To me it looked like a what the fuck have I just done moment.

I think it was intent and the force of that intention was dangerous. It could have broken Suarez's leg. For me it was a foul, a yellow perhaps but not a red.

I'v not seen Suarez cheat in any game he has played for us, he has not dived or anything similar while playing for us..not that I recall anyway.
He hit the deck today after Rodwell clipped his ankle, that shit hurts when someone hurtles in and hits your ankles with his studs showing..I'm not saying it was a straight red but he certainly is not a cheat for falling to the ground clutching his leg after the tackle.

Back on topic though, I wouldn't call Suarez a cheat just an opportunist.

[quote author=LarryHagman link=topic=47062.msg1407664#msg1407664 date=1317511813]
As I said in a thread last week, if he didn't play for us we'd think he was the biggest cunt in the League. By a mile. But he does play for us so meh.
[/quote]

Hmm, i wouldn't go that far. Fair few of my mates are United fans and they don't seem to have a problem with Suarez in terms of his so-called cheating antics which really aren't that bad. He can be a little theatrical but i don't think he's a diver.

Certainly nowhere near Ronaldo at his worst, and now Nani.

[quote author=Gary25 link=topic=47062.msg1407680#msg1407680 date=1317513786]
[quote author=LarryHagman link=topic=47062.msg1407664#msg1407664 date=1317511813]
[/quote]

Hmm, i wouldn't go that far. Fair few of my mates are United fans and they don't seem to have a problem with Suarez in terms of his so-called cheating antics which really aren't that bad. He can be a little theatrical but i don't think he's a diver.

Certainly nowhere near Ronaldo at his worst, and now Nani.
[/quote]

I agree with LarryHagman (JR) on this - we would definitely think he was a c*nt. When we signed him I thought about that incident in the world cup and to be honest I love watching him play and cause havoc knowing that he is "OUR C*NT". Great for us I think - we need to look at him with rose tinted glasses, and forget his bad points.

MORON

I'm being 100% honest here - if he didn't play for Liverpool I'd dislike him, and I found him a bit annoying before he signed for us.

The main reason is that fking wagging his arm around thing when he has been fouled and is on the ground. For me that's reserved for when someone has been properly hurt, it's like a sign - hold up I'm actually in trouble here. Maybe it's different in South America and everyone does it, but it always gives the impression that he's feigning serious injury or giving the impression a challenge really hurt to game the system.

However he hasn't been a diver to date and maybe he's just a bit of a fairy, you do get people that drama the life out of challenges in football.

He's been nothing short of excellent for us, if he stopped that whingy faced exaggeration I'd absolutely love him.

[quote author=Y1 link=topic=47062.msg1407675#msg1407675 date=1317513014]
I think it was intent and the force of that intention was dangerous. It could have broken Suarez's leg.
[/quote]This.
Exactly this.
There doesnt have to be ANY contact if the referee deems it dangerous in intent. Rodwell flies in from metres away both feet off the ground and with his studs showing. That kind of challenge is always going to be a sending off. If you leave the ground with both feet and your studs are up you get sent off, contact or not.
A lot of people seem to be missing the point.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=47062.msg1407686#msg1407686 date=1317516096]
I think it was intent and the force of that intention was dangerous. It could have broken Suarez's leg.
[/quote]This.
Exactly this.
[/quote]

Nonsense. If you judged every tackle on "force" and "intention" you could justify a red card for every single tackle. Don't defend it oncy, it wasn't a red card in one million years.

As for the original thread topic; it's not even a question is it? It's fucking obvious he is.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=47062.msg1407686#msg1407686 date=1317516096]
[/quote]This.
Exactly this.
There doesnt have to be ANY contact if the referee deems it dangerous in intent. Rodwell flies in from metres away both feet off the ground and with his studs showing. That kind of challenge is always going to be a sending off. If you leave the ground with both feet and your studs are up you get sent off, contact or not.
A lot of people seem to be missing the point.
[/quote]
Don't know if you noticed but he did that twice during the game. The ref let him off the first time but he had to send him off the second time.
It was a very dangerous tackle.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=47062.msg1407689#msg1407689 date=1317516461]
[/quote]This.
Exactly this.
[/quote]

Nonsense. If you judged every tackle on "force" and "intention" you could justify a red card for every single tackle. Don't defend it oncy, it wasn't a red card in one million years.

As for the original thread topic; it's not even a question is it? It's fucking obvious he is.
[/quote]Dont get me wrong Ryan, I wouldnt have sent him off, and I dont agree with the way these challenges are assessed these days, but THAT type of challenged is punished in that way time and again. Ive long since stopped being flabbergasted by it.
Everton will appeal it on the grounds of lack of contact and the ref will refuse to overturn it because of the intent.
So im niether suprised he got sent off or would i bother moaning about it if it was our player. Like i said, you go airbourne with your studs up you are risking it contact or not. And you dont have a leg to stand on if you are sent off.

Watch the second tackle here Oncy... Gerrard Double Tackle on Jagielka

You're saying that "THAT type of challenge is punished in that way time and again" by your definition. It isn't, the types of tackle from Gerrard here and Rodwell last night which are at the ball FIRST are good tackles.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=47062.msg1407696#msg1407696 date=1317517180]
Watch the second tackle here Oncy... Gerrard Double Tackle on Jagielka

You're saying that "THAT type of challenge is punished in that way time and again" by your definition. It isn't, the types of tackle from Gerrard here and Rodwell last night which are at the ball FIRST are good tackles.
[/quote]Ok.

But referees do hand out cards on the basis of assessed intention. Winning the ball has nothing to do with the card, it's the prospect of inflicting injury on a player. It's dangerous, and on another day, Suarez could have had one of those AaronRamsey-type ankle breaks, and we wouldn't be so charitable in our assessment of Rodwell's tackle. Didi Hamann once got sent off against Sunderland playing for us, without even touching a player. The only issue this sending off highlights is the inconsistency with which referees apply the laws of the game.

On review it looks like he was harshly treated, but in the first instance (and I know this is a piss poor rationale) it just looked like one of those toppy tackles that deserve a red.

I dont blame Suarez for his reaction either - he's getting more than his fair share of hefty challenges; should he be seeing these tackles comingm, stand there and take the full force, wait for his shin to snap, and then point to the ref and say "see, I told you one of these was going to be bad"?

article-1317473786224-0E2BD7C700000578-688688_466x310.jpg

Dangerous play, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom