• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Luis suarez is just fully versed in the arts of gamesmanship and has the capacit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Luis Suarez the cheat ?

Look i dont think if Atkinson saw three replays in hidef super slowmo he would have given it. He sees Rodwell go airbourne studs showing.
He clearly thought it was dangerous play. And i can see why. Im not trying to justify it, im just saying i see why it was given.

It wasnt a red at all, vut im with mein herr on this. The angle the ref was at and in real time, he had no option but to send him off

Yep agree with every word of Oncy's last post there.

Oh and Suarez is a cheat. I don't care, though. Every successful team has the odd cunt. Some more than others. As long as he'd do anything to win in the red shirt he gets my vote.

HC- I'm not having a go at you, but...

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=47062.msg1407647#msg1407647 date=1317508693]

He gets up from rosewood knee rubbing against him and nothing happens, instead he goes down like a sack of shit

[/quote]

What does that even mean ?

I don't think he's a cheat on the back of his time for us. He may go down easy at times but every single player in the league - no exceptions - has been guilty of that at least once.

He obviously has that trait in him though as the WC showed.

I like it though. I'm over the need to feel like we are holier than thou - other fans sure dont think our players are - so more diving, biting and cheating players please. Maybe we will actually win the league.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=47062.msg1407686#msg1407686 date=1317516096]
[quote author=Y1 link=topic=47062.msg1407675#msg1407675 date=1317513014]
I think it was intent and the force of that intention was dangerous. It could have broken Suarez's leg.
[/quote]This.
Exactly this.
There doesnt have to be ANY contact if the referee deems it dangerous in intent. Rodwell flies in from metres away both feet off the ground and with his studs showing. That kind of challenge is always going to be a sending off. If you leave the ground with both feet and your studs are up you get sent off, contact or not.
A lot of people seem to be missing the point.
[/quote]

This is what most of us argued with the Pepe/Dani Alves tackle too ...

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47062.msg1407670#msg1407670 date=1317512690]
rodwell cleanly wins the ball and then goes through suarez, it's not even a foul let alone a red card.
[/quote]

Bollocks Neil. It's a definite foul cos his studs were clearly up. Never a red cos he put one leg underneath him, & didn't seem to aim at the player but the ball.

However that doesn't matter, if you go in studs showing now you can expect a card, & this season every ref has given cards out very easily so the players should've known better.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47062.msg1407670#msg1407670 date=1317512690]
rodwell cleanly wins the ball and then goes through suarez, it's not even a foul let alone a red card.
[/quote]

That's flat wrong. The guidelines issued to the refs say that if the tackler's foot is off the ground (as Rodwell's was) and if he takes the man with his follow-through (which he did) it's a foul.

On the subject of "cheating" or otherwise, later in the game Fellaini and Hibbert should both have gone for vicious over-the-top tackles on Lucas and Adam respectively. Neither of our players made a meal of it and Atkinson didn't give either.

Suarez gets fouled and doesn't always get the protection of the ref. Yesterday he did and Rodwell's red card was well deserved.

He is brilliant and a winner by all accounts. He may be a cunt sometimes and I'll give him that but he is ours and I love him. All his petulance is forgotten after his match winning performances and goals...

[quote author=themn link=topic=47062.msg1407735#msg1407735 date=1317536521]

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=47062.msg1407647#msg1407647 date=1317508693]

He gets up from rosewood knee rubbing against him and nothing happens, instead he goes down like a sack of shit

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol it's the predictive text and ales fault.

Rosewood originally said 'rodwell'

Anyways get fucked was that a dangerous tackle , he goes to ground with one foot in the challefe and gets the ball, at first Suarez movement into the tackle doesnt even look natural , looks like he's trying to get caught.

As I said if he carries on playing like he should have, the ref would've waved on.

It's more his capacity to cheat that annoys me than his past actions

But he's never cheated in a Liverpool shirt. In fact, I can only recall the World Cup incident as an example of when he has. That hardly makes him an Eboue or Not The Real Ronaldo.

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=47062.msg1407789#msg1407789 date=1317547429]
I can only recall the World Cup incident as an example of when he has.
[/quote]

Handling the ball on the line? Among footballers, that is not regarded as cheating, but as nobly taking one for the team! ;D

I am seriously shocked this thread has got so far and the number of people callin Suarez a blatant cheat is nuts.
An lfc player who is amazing and feared by all prem defenders and we are calling him a cheat cos he fell clutching his ankle after getting studded on it. If I may anyone who claims he is a cheat based on anything he has done in an lfc shirt is a tard.
Saying he over reacts and is theatrical is a other thing again probably something I disagree with, he was hit by a coin and could have gone down could have thrown it back all he did was highlight it happened and got on with the game.

[quote author=Kenny4PM link=topic=47062.msg1407799#msg1407799 date=1317548411]
If you're going to something then at least do it well.
[/quote] I agree Kenny, I've perfected going to the fridge.

Ok,ok,okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Luis Suarez is not a cheat.

Luis suarez is just fully versed in the arts of gamesmanship and has the capacity to cheat?

if it was nani we'd be saying how much of a cheat he was t go down like that, although i think we'd be a bit wrong and overreacting, he's not a cheat but he's not completely blameless and undeserved of his reputation, he lies somewhere in between

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=47062.msg1407801#msg1407801 date=1317548596]
[quote author=Kenny4PM link=topic=47062.msg1407799#msg1407799 date=1317548411]
If you're going to something then at least do it well.
[/quote] I agree Kenny, I've perfected going to the fridge.
[/quote]

With the work i've put in this weekend i'm very close to doing so myself.

[quote author=Lewy link=topic=47062.msg1407805#msg1407805 date=1317549084]
if it was nani we'd be saying how much of a cheat he was t go down like that, although i think we'd be a bit wrong and overreacting, he's not a cheat but he's not completely blameless and undeserved of his reputation, he lies somewhere in between
[/quote]

He's not Nani, he's Luis Suarez. Ergo, he's fucking boss

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=47062.msg1407783#msg1407783 date=1317546456]
[quote author=themn link=topic=47062.msg1407735#msg1407735 date=1317536521]

[/quote]

[/quote]

he goes to ground with one foot in the challefe

[/quote]

What does *that* even mean ?

Re: Luis suarez is just fully versed in the arts of gamesmanship and has the cap

Going down when untouched is cheating. Our Luis might just have a low pain threshold.

He wasn't "untouched". Rodwell clearly caught him with his follow-through. Suarez milked it all right, but that's a different matter - and if Lucas and Adam had done the same the blueslime would rightly have ended up with even fewer players on the park.

Maybe I'm just a biased Liverpool fan, but all this nonsense in the media about the Rodwell tackle not even being a foul is utter bollocks.

It's the intent that matters (according to the rules) and the lad rashly jumped in with one set of studs up vertically. Whether he took the ball is irrelevant as the tackle had the potential to be injury-causing if the receiving player did not jump out of it (as Suarez did, before proceeding to make as much of it as he could).

It was a certain yellow in my book and a harsh red. Shit happens. Fellatio also got away with a red card challenge but not too much mention of that by Gollum or the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom