• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Match day 34 - other games April 20-21

No, c’mon Neverkusen to Never-losing is a good story in football.

Yeah, I know. Its just like the girl you fancied told you she wasnt interested, so when you see her you just cry on the inside while acting uninterested.

you reckon he has revealed who every ref supports to his employers and that has fuelled this silly tweet?

No, I just think it was a stupid appointment. No good could come of it.

Atwell is a Luton fan I think as I’ve read somewhere that he dosent ref their matches.
Think he’s more shit than biased though. That goes for all of them.

Atwell is a Luton fan I think as I’ve read somewhere that he dosent ref their matches.

yea he’s a weird hire, feels like they thought they were buying some sway by hiring him

Peter Banks is an Everton fan and can’t do our games as well as theirs. He was on VAR for Luton yesterday. I didn’t hear any corruption calls. Probably because Luton were masters of their own downfall.

Peter Banks is an Everton fan and can’t do our games as well as theirs. He was on VAR for Luton yesterday. I didn’t hear any corruption calls. Probably because Luton were masters of their own downfall.

Were there any VAR calls/controvercy?

Yeah, I know. Its just like the girl you fancied told you she wasnt interested, so when you see her you just cry on the inside while acting uninterested.
What? You mean you don’t criticise her clothes, make up and choice of boyfriend all whilst wishing she’d catch leprosy ?

No. But it’s something that happens all of the time. There’s no corruption. Just pure incompetence.

Yeah, thats kind of what I think as well. And although there is no corruption there is no need for PGMOL to let refs that fly to Abu Dhabi to make extra money ref those teams in big games or for fans of certain clubs to be involved in relegation deciders. It just invites these types of situations and questions their integrity.

Howard Webb and PGMOL are awful, so if this Forest tweet stirs the pot a bit then fine imho.

The crux is the refs are shit, rather than bias.

Until the FA or PL takes them over so they're not independent, there will be no accountability

The crux is the refs are shit, rather than bias.

Until the FA or PL takes them over so they're not independent, there will be no accountability
Getting rid of the gobshite Owen and having someone who can hold Webb to account on that shit show they do would be a great start.

Getting rid of the gobshite Owen and having someone who can hold Webb to account on that shit show they do would be a great start.
It's TV. They've absolutely only agreed to justify decisions/mistakes if they're given an easy ride.

Might as well just televise Howard Webb playing with a yo-yo for half an hour every week for all the good it does.

The refs might be shit but the whole set up is so unprofessional. From the «great prosess mate» to refereeing games in Abu Dhabi for money. There is no integrity and lets be honest its even worse under Webb.

Ref watch and the Owen stuff gives us nothing. Same with the appologies.

“Clear and obvious” is such a cop-out especially now refs won’t give decisions because the expect VAR to bail them out.

Watching a rerun on the ref's iPad mini must be obligatory of every major incident (saves time on going to a monitor and close ups / zoom ins can be watched).

A ref in the booth ONLY for law interpretations. Otherwise techs only - more professional and hugely faster since they know what they are doing.

The problem isnt VAR though its the people using it. Thankfully the semi automatic offside system will be implemented next season.
One less thing a moron can fuck off.

I saw the incidents live yesterday.. my initial take holds.

First one you can forgive, ball had got away from Reyna. There was a touch, enough to go down? No. Impacted play? No.

So that one you can understand.

Second one is inexcusable from Atwell.
Arm in unnatural position? Yes
Clearly hit the arm? Yes

That should trigger the penalty every single time. But refs remember the Spurs penalty in the CL final, there are some who Still think that's ball to hand.

Third one is poor on both Taylor and Atwell.

Taylor said he played the ball. 1, he didn't. 2, you can't go through the player to get the ball.

Atwell compounded the issue by not pointing out to Taylor he didn't even play the ball.

Fully expect Atwell to be dropped this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom