• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Match day 37 - Other Games (May 11/12th)

TAA wasn’t in the squad for United away when we conceded twice, it was Bradley.
We looked stronger in defense as a unit pre Jan from I remember.

And if Arsenal lose the title on the last day. What impact will that have on their team going forward?
I'm hoping it doesn't have similar effect to what it had on us. I'll be livid if they go on to win it next year

Yeah but last year they bottled it with like 5 games to go. This is going to the wire like it did for us.

They were in the lead for 80% of the season. This year will hurt even more.
3rd place next year.

Would we have won as much with Diaz & Darwin instead of Mane & Bobbie?
Probably not. Still doesn't change that Trent inverts more than then, and Salah doesn't help defensively as much as he used to.

Because I want to be winning titles again, and I'm watching the team that's scored the most goals, and had the best defensive record, beat a team we couldn't beat in 3 attempts this year, in a fashion I find we are unable to match. And I don't think their players are more talented than ours, except in attitude and application.

We simply cannot close out a game with 10 men behind the ball, because we don't defend well enough as a team or individually. There's not enough personal pride to not get beat. When TAA was younger, he had that pride to shut down Leroy Sane, and we went onto win CLs and League titles. Now he's more concerned with how many assists he can make in a game.

Salah, for all his plaudits was able to be a bit more slack on the defensive side because he had Henderson run all day for him. We don't have that now, so he's got to chip in more, but unfortunately, I don't think he's got the legs to both defend and attack with the intensity needed. Certainly not when there's 3 games in a week.

Arnie Slot has his work cut out for him. We have some talented jigsaw pieces, that don't quite fit together in a way that keeps enough goals out, whilst scoring enough.
I said it a while back that Trent is giving me "big time Charlie" vibes. He's not as gritty as before.

We beat City with TAA and Salah in the team, and won a title.
Not this season.

And TAA has lost all hunger and personal pride when it comes to defending, and stopping goals. He used to have that. I'd drop him for Bradley until he got the hunger back.

Salah has got the hunger and personal pride. Just doesn't have the power in his legs. I'd keep him but just get better players around him who cover his defensive issues.

I said it a while back that Trent is giving me "big time Charlie" vibes. He's not as gritty as before.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it.

He plays like a hipster who doesn't want to get his shirt dirty. I want to see the aggression and doggedness I saw previously when he was breaking into the team. Not the guy jogging back and watching goals go in, and not putting in challenges, which cost us CL titles and PL titles when we get to the final stages of the season.

Not this season.

And TAA has lost all hunger and personal pride when it comes to defending, and stopping goals. He used to have that. I'd drop him for Bradley until he got the hunger back.

Salah has got the hunger and personal pride. Just doesn't have the power in his legs. I'd keep him but just get better players around him who cover his defensive issues.

I think that has no basis in reality in all honesty. It would surprise me tremendously if that was true.

TAA wasn’t in the squad for United away when we conceded twice, it was Bradley.
We looked stronger in defense as a unit pre Jan from I remember.
Bradley couldn't do anything for Quansah's mistake. And he was off the pitch (subbed for Gomez) for the other goal.

I think that has no basis in reality in all honesty. It would surprise me tremendously if that was true.
I've had about 2 seasons of him half-arsing it back into position. That's my reality.

We all know he's brilliant on the ball. One of the best ever. But I don't see the same hunger to personal pride to defend or get back as he had when he first broke through. And certainly not consistently across the season.

Last edited:
and their it is
You're missing (in a simple four word sentence) :

1) A capital letter to start the sentence.
2) The correct spelling of 'there'.
3) A period to complete the sentence.
4) Starting this opus with 'and' is debatable but I'll let you have it.

Impressive.

You're missing (in a simple four word sentence) :

1) A capital letter to start the sentence.
2) The correct spelling of 'there'.
3) A period to complete the sentence.
4) Starting this opus with 'and' is debatable but I'll let you have it.

Impressive.

If this is a list of items, shouldn't each item be separated by a semi-colon, or a comma, in which case each line should start with a lower case letter? the penultimate item should also have an 'and' after the semi-colon.

Otherwise this post would only be correct if you said the "the items enumerated below are missing from your sentence".

If this is a list of items, shouldn't each item be separated by a semi-colon, or a comma, in which case each line should start with a lower case letter? the penultimate item should also have an 'and' after the semi-colon.

Otherwise this post would only be correct if you said the "the items enumerated below are missing from your sentence".
No.

Back
Top Bottom