• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

#Mbappe2020 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ijg

Very Active
11c68bcd32e93a7c9942b858a58506cc.jpg

It’s going to happen.

I'm guessing you want sell our front 3 for Mbappe, that's the only way we can afford him

No not really, we would then also have to sell VVD, and Alisson - both of whom we would replace with two unknowns from the Championship so that we can afford to pay his contractual wages for the length of Mbappe's contract.

Unless Nike agree to pay for the player 100% and then they can split image rights with Mbappe leaving us to pay for the wages? Problem with that is that this brings Nike into the table with regard to player transfers and gives them some measure of power they probably shouldn't have. Sounds shady and murky but isn't this what happened with some other high profile players? Sponsors and shirt makers buying players for the club?

Not this shit again.

Can anyone explain why Nike would pay for Liverpool to buy Mbappe? It would never happen so why are we even talking about it?

I'm guessing you want sell our front 3 for Mbappe, that's the only way we can afford him
Nah, we'll get him on a free transfer at 2022, and he will undergo proper training under Klopp for 2 more years while winning everything under the sun. He'll only be 23 at 2022, will hit his peak with us.

Mbappe wages will be no less than 500k if and when he leaves....none of our current players earn that, if he comes then it looks good on paper but then you risk destabilizing harmony as other players will want massive pay rises... VVD and Mane will think if he's getting 500k I want that as well? Are we really going to pay 3 players 1.5m a week in wages, I know we are rich but are we that rich?

I don't believe we'll be doing these "Galactico" type of signings. I think we'll continue to do more value for money type signings. Buying the right players, the players we actually need.
Klopp likes to improve the players he has. We've only bought players when he absolutely thinks we need improving in certain positions.
In other cases he's looked at what he had, determined if they can improve, kept some and let some go. For instance, Henderson, Gomez, Lovren, Firmino, Lallana etc. Also Klopp wants to give the likes of Jones, Elliott etc a chance.

Of course managers only sign players when they desperately need them, the difference is Klopp is patient and instils belief in the players that are available to him first.
He didn't do a complete revamp when he joined, it took us 3-4 transfer windows to get to where we're at. Improving slightly every season.

Last edited:
Yep. I think he would have been the perfect Klopp signing if we had managed to grab him before he made his first big move from what I think was Monaco. Big layout for a player that Klopp knows will suit our system and that will flourish and grow with us.
Mind you, 75mill for a CB was big bucks. Ish.

Yep. I think he would have been the perfect Klopp signing if we had managed to grab him before he made his first big move from what I think was Monaco. Big layout for a player that Klopp knows will suit our system and that will flourish and grow with us.
Mind you, 75mill for a CB was big bucks. Ish.
Exactly and that's why we're currently looking at players like Havertz and Werner. Signing Ox from Arsenal was somewhat of an anomaly to his or the club's methods but he wanted to leave.

And sometimes there just happens to be a need at the club and a player such as Ox comes along who can fill that role there and then.
I like the way the club and Klopp do business. It may require patience, but just look at the rewards.

Mbappe wages will be no less than 500k if and when he leaves....none of our current players earn that, if he comes then it looks good on paper but then you risk destabilizing harmony as other players will want massive pay rises... VVD and Mane will think if he's getting 500k I want that as well? Are we really going to pay 3 players 1.5m a week in wages, I know we are rich but are we that rich?

This is the reason i don't see Mbappe coming here, as fabulous as that would be football-wise. His wages would be so ridiculous it would completely screw up our wage structure.

Less important but annoying is that he's already made it clear he wants to someday play for Real, so he'd be coming here for a couple / few years then make his dream move.

As fascinating as it sounds to have him here, i rather continue operating the way we have been since Klopp got here. Results have been historically good.

Stop this negative crap.

You can’t put a £ value on Klopp Hugs - wee Killian will forgo much of his current massive salary in order to have access to a constant flow of Klopp Hugs.

Besides - when the Kop are singing his name to the tune of Mmmmbop.... and he’s winning the Premier League, Champions League, Golden Boot and FIFA player of the year year in, year out and has a statue outside Anfield.... he’ll have long since stopped caring what he’s paid.

By which point, Blue Fumers will be accusing us of using shape-shifting aliens with superpowers pretending to be human, in order to unfairly win things.

Is there any team that could afford his transfer fee and wages without either going bankrupt or running afoul of the FFP rules?

I don't believe we'll be doing these "Galactico" type of signings. I think we'll continue to do more value for money type signings. Buying the right players, the players we actually need.
Klopp likes to improve the players he has. We've only bought players when he absolutely thinks we need improving in certain positions.
In other cases he's looked at what he had, determined if they can improve, kept some and let some go. For instance, Henderson, Gomez, Lovren, Firmino, Lallana etc. Also Klopp wants to give the likes of Jones, Elliott etc a chance.

Of course managers only sign players when they desperately need them, the difference is Klopp is patient and instils belief in the players that are available to him first.
He didn't do a complete revamp when he joined, it took us 3-4 transfer windows to get to where we're at. Improving slightly every season.
I don't think even with Klopp it's a case of 'desperately needs'. He (the scouting team) evaluates what is required, identifies the player(s) suitable and waits until we can get them rather than making 'impulse' buys (not really impulse as all teams do their research but maybe don't show the same patience we do).

However we need to be continually improving the squad by rotating players in/out as current incumbents lose their edge /age or if we simply find a better prospect, if we are not to go the way of other dominant teams that were allowed to stagnate. This probably means younger players at the rate of two per season.

If we can feed in 'home-grown' then so much the better but that shouldn't be just because they are home-grown, they should also be better than the other options.

Last edited:
Mbappe doesn't come off like a spoiled cunt - he's grounded and showed that with his France salary during the WC.

If he wants to be the highest paid player in footy, he'll stay at PSG, or move to Man City/Barca/Madrid whoever.
If other things motivate him, or he wants to play for certain managers, or with certain players, he may forgo a few k/week to fulfill that.

Time will tell but I think he'll be motivated more by replacing Messi (and Ronaldo to a degree at Real) than coming to us.

We have no chance / or interest in signing this guy at the quoted prices. We will get some the next french star from rennes or lille for 40 million.

This is one of the reasons why big clubs use things like “image rights” payments and signing fees you blert.... what you see reported as a players wages might be 100% of what the club pays them, or a fraction...

[article]
Fabinho continues to work on a Liverpool deal for PSG striker Kylian Mbappe.

The PSG star has been tentatively linked with a move to the Reds over the last couple of years.

And Fabinho has opened up on a potential reunion with his former Monaco teammate.

"I would like to welcome him to Liverpool," Fabinho told Telefoot, as well as backing the French World Cup winner to win the Ballon d'Or before Neymar.

This isn't the first time Fabinho has opened up on how he would like the 21-year-old to join him at Anfield.

He said 18 months ago: “He has already said for the next season he will remain at PSG. But I will try slowly to convince him to come to Liverpool!"
[/article]

Of course its happening. Mbappe is like Firmino, willing to give up a goalscoring opportunity because a teammate is in a better position. I'm sure he'll understand the need to give up a bit on salary for the good of the team. The way we've set up the Nike deal plus a more intimate partnership with Lebron and the Jordan brand will give him a boost in his alternate income to make up most of the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom