• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Midfielders other than Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. All part of the song and dance. The narrative will change several times I guess.

Hope so, otherwise we have waited for him for two years and let the greatest team we have ever seen die slowly in the process.

I have always said that rather than get into transfer fights with Chelsea, Madrid, City we should target players of the profile of Mane and Salah. But if we miss out on Jude, it will still be disappointing as he was our transfer strategy for close to two years.

Last edited:
Just reading twitter.. the common consensus is Dortmund want £130m plus football agent fees, which is thought to be too prohibitive. F'Me, we knew that €150m was the asking price, why did you cunts just lead fans on?
You even let it leak investments is close, but I am guessing that's no longer the case

There’s still time for Mbappe stories to appease a set of fans and I believe he can play on the right.

We're moving Trent to RCM and we're renewing keita.

Heard it from someone in the know

Just reading twitter.. the common consensus is Dortmund want £130m plus football agent fees, which is thought to be too prohibitive. F'Me, we knew that €150m was the asking price, why did you cunts just lead fans on?
You even let it leak investments is close, but I am guessing that's no longer the case

Haven't you on occasion mistaken a measly £30,000,000 bank balance for £150,000,000? Happens all the time.

Was always a pipedream. Any mong that believed it deserves the inevitable heartache when he's posing with a City/Real shirt at his unveiling.

Optimist scenario, it’s all part of the process to land him

Pessimist scenario, we’ve been told he needs CL football or just doesn’t want to go to Liverpool and we’ve dumped him publicly first.

*Automated message* This board has exceeded it's suggestion quota, without a signing. No more suggestions permitted till FSG finally make clear the midfield rebuild.

Looks like we put in a bid around €95m

Dortmund didn't reject publically..but the latest that we've pulled out suggests they rejected privately.

Beams the @Red Astaire signal into the night sky!!!!

Any updates mate?
Hmmm - I know nothing as I've been away hititng the Scottish Highlands and 'gigging' like a boss but I'll ask him when I see him on Friday. All he was clear about from the off were that Bellingham's camp were all cool with LFC and Klopp. He was adament that id sht changed it would be either us or Dortmund that fucked it up. If Dortmund want to change the goal posts or a bidding war ensued then (in Ihis words) It's a diddle-eyed Joe, To a damned if I know situation' who knows. 100mill is fucking stupid anyway if I'm honest. It's not my money but if it were I'd probably baulk at that. Cheeky cunts. Hmmmmm - Well... Here's hoping.

Hmmm - I know nothing as I've been away hititng the Scottish Highlands and 'gigging' like a boss but I'll ask him when I see him on Friday. All he was clear about from the off were that Bellingham's camp were all cool with LFC and Klopp. He was adament that id sht changed it would be either us or Dortmund that fucked it up. If Dortmund want to change the goal posts or a bidding war ensued then (in Ihis words) It's a diddle-eyed Joe, To a damned if I know situation' who knows. 100mill is fucking stupid anyway if I'm honest. It's not my money but if it were I'd probably baulk at that. Cheeky cunts. Hmmmmm - Well... Here's hoping.
I get it.. but Bellingham at 100m vs Mount at 60m. I'd go for Bellingham every time.

We are going to regret waiting for the right player all those years.

I get it.. but Bellingham at 100m vs Mount at 60m. I'd go for Bellingham every time.

We are going to regret waiting for the right player all those years.
Its €150m, but its been publicly well known. Mount who has had a poor season coming into a squad with little to no confidence, costing £60m but only having a year left on his contract and asking for over £200k a week - doesn't sit well with me.

100m for what...a 20/21 year old that's already one of the best midfielders in Europe? Come on that's going rate.

And if someone is prepared to pay 125m? No reason whatsoever for Dortmund to decline it. It's up to Bellingham and in our current state, Klopp or no Klopp, there's no reason for him to choose us.

It's not going to happen. This team needs four new first team players, and that's to get back into the CL. To compete for titles we may need another two of three on top of that.
100m may have been doable whilst also getting our other targets but 150m is a crazy price. The decision taken now is understandable, but it makes the efforts made last summer unacceptable and negligent. There's serious questions to ask over our squad building and recruitment strategy.

100m for what...a 20/21 year old that's already one of the best midfielders in Europe? Come on that's going rate.

And if someone is prepared to pay 125m? No reason whatsoever for Dortmund to decline it. It's up to Bellingham and in our current state, Klopp or no Klopp, there's no reason for him to choose us.
This club makes no sense. One journo reports the club puts in a bid. One hour later, several outlets report we are pulling out. Why make a bid so early in the season, then decide an hour later its not for you?
Tchoumeni is said to be available for £70m, has that altered thinking?
If it transpires that Dortmund wanted the money upfront, which only Man U under new ownership, Man City and PSG could do, I would understand. However, if we've said £100m is the top we will do and from day 1 they said they want £130m, then the club should face some flack,
Is FdJ and Barella better than Bellingham?

I still believe this is a negotiating tactic…

Well, it sounded like that reading the whole article from Joyce. He basically said that we dont want a deal to be dragged out over the summer and want to close our deals early. Feel that the Bellingham saga might drag on for a long time.
Also said that we need multiple players and that a inflated fee would see us move on to afford other targets.
The deal could still happen but something has to change.

It wasnt the this is off article that I expected when Liverpool.no posted the whole story.

This all feels like a big let down primarily because it's pretty obvious that Bellingham is very keen on joining us.

Adds to a long list of players who've wanted to play for us, but never could.

Yeah, and it makes the club look even more stupid when the reasons given were the same as last summer. We threw away a year waiting for a signing that probably wont happen instead of investing in the midfield when we had to.
Poor season and no CL next season. Just a mindblowingly stupid way to run a top team.

"with no guarantees he will either leave Dortmund or pick LFC" - did they just realise it overnight? o_O:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom