• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Minamino

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so all over this signing. Some of you know about my love of all things Nihon so of course I'm going to be biased. Now It's true I've never seen the guy play much. Here's the thing though. One thing I do know about my time in J land and watching my second favourite team (the mighty Urawa Reds!!!) One thing that maybe lacking for the normal J player it can deffo be argued is a basic grasp of what I would call match day craft. That might seem an odd observation. It's the silly things they tend to mess up a little. It's hard to give examples but watching their league I sort of start pulling my hair out at some of the decision making and to us used to top notch european nouse it can look utterly bizarre - Albeit very entertaining. However what they lack in that department they more than make up for in energy, spirit, teamwork, precision and obscene amounts of pace. Now this dude has been a sensation for Salzburg. It's not common for J player to make it in Europe but this guy has - That to me screams quality. Couple that with some top coaching from Klopp and I can confidently predict that I'll be first in line when its comes to puckering up and getting down to some serious rimming action. By the time I'm done with this fella he will be walking like a cowboy and yelping like an apache. I reckon I'll have to up my gayness level from just a normal 5% to a lip smacking 10%! I might even change my avatar to reflect my new crush.

For any noobs that have just joined and wondering what the fuck I'm on about. I am deffo 5% gay and very proud of it. For one thing it gives me a 5% (soon to be 10%) more of a chance of scoring some hot action on a Friday night. Those are the sort of odds that get me reaching for my favourite mohair sweater. Banzai Minamoto San!!!
And its amazing how far that 5% spreads for all of SCMs hot blooded males

Liverpool FC agree deal to sign Takumi Minamino
19th December 2019

Liverpool Football Club can confirm an agreement has been reached with Red Bull Salzburg for the transfer of Takumi Minamino.

The Japan international forward will officially become a Reds player on January 1 after he finalised personal terms and passed a medical on Merseyside on Wednesday.

Minamino told Liverpoolfc.com: “It has been a dream, my dream to become a Liverpool player. And I’m so excited that the moment has come true.

“To play in the Premier League was one of my targets. I think this is the top-class league in the world; I was thinking if my career as a footballer progressed smoothly, someday I would be able to play in the Premier League.

“But I never thought I would be able to play in this team and I’m really happy about it. I’m looking forward to it.”

2f876b8fd2ceb909f885c1a9347b94f64a4cca55.jpeg

Minamino has faced Liverpool twice this season while lining up for Salzburg in the Champions League group-stage encounters.

Indeed, the 24-year-old was on the scoresheet in the meeting at Anfield in October when he struck to help the Austrian side fight back from three goals down to draw level at 3-3 before Mohamed Salah netted a winner.

More recently, Minamino completed the 90 minutes for Salzburg as the Reds secured a place in the last 16 of the Champions League with a 2-0 victory at Red Bull Arena on December 10.

“From those games I learned this team has such a high level of technique and intensity,” he added.

“Their football is of such a high level and I did feel that they were the champions of the Champions League. Feeling that, it makes me feel even happier that I can play in this team. I’m really happy to be part of that team.

“My target is to win the Premier League and the Champions League, and to make good contributions to the team.”

6d4b777e8f413b37198d7d34d0d3a0ee4f95664c.jpeg

In moving to Anfield, he brings an end to his five-year spell with Die Mozartstädter, whom he joined from Cerezo Osaka in January 2015.

In total, Minamino made 199 appearances for Salzburg, scoring 64 goals, while he has earned 22 caps for Japan and netted 11 times since making his debut in October 2015.

“My target is to win the Premier League and the Champions League, and to make good contributions to the team.”

Shame we can't be signing players with a bit of ambition.

Is it possible for Taki to join the squad in Qatar to train together now before being eligible for his first match once the new year comes?

Is it possible for Taki to join the squad in Qatar to train together now before being eligible for his first match once the new year comes?

I think he might need some time to settle in to his new home first...! Anyway squad doesn't need more distractions

[article]Asked what he expects to see from the Japan international, Klopp said: "We will see. All the things we know about Takumi fit very well to us.

"His football skills first and foremost. Decision making in tight areas.

"His speed. His desire to win a ball back in counter-press
, he's used to that because Salzburg has a similar philosophy that we have.

"That's all really good. But then we have to see: how will he adapt when he finally comes over and we are allowed to work with him? How can we put him in?

"But in the long term there's no doubt that he will help us. That's clear."

Minamino will not be eligible to play in the home game against Sheffield United on January 2nd due to Premier League registration rules.

But the 24-year-old could feature in the FA Cup clash against Everton three days later.

Klopp said his immediate attention now will be on the next three league games - but he will also be looking at how best to employ Minamino.

The manager added: "[I'm] so looking forward to working with [Minamino].

"But between now and Takumi's first real day at Melwood, there's still three games.

"So I have a little bit of time to think exactly about where he will fit in."[/article]

Horrendous photography (and no flash used as indicated by the EXIF) but I really liked the little video intro.

probably no flash showing on the exif as they seem to be using off camera static continuous lighting for the video so no need for camera flash. You can see the shadows on the wall alluding to the set up. I only tend to do street/urban stuff and rarely use flash so I could be talking rubbish.

probably no flash showing on the exif as they seem to be using off camera static continuous lighting for the video so no need for camera flash. You can see the shadows on the wall alluding to the set up. I only tend to do street/urban stuff and rarely use flash so I could be talking rubbish.
They have an LED right in the frame - but it's still crap photography. A strobe would have been much better. Or even their iPhone or Samsung would have done a better job. It just frustrates the hell out of me seeing shit like that from a pro.

I'm no expert in lighting (my mate here is though and I test his patience!) - my test mannequin at home frightens the life out of the maid and my wife made me move it into the conservatory. I'll get a blow-up next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom