• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

MLB 2012

Josh's attitude has been piss poor lately, Avy, both on and off the field... He's done here, he doesn't give a shite and his performance over the past few months would get a minor-leaguer benched. It's not pathetic that they booed him, though I'm not a fan of it myself - He's brought it upon himslef.

Josh's attitude has been piss poor lately, Avy, both on and off the field... He's done here, he doesn't give a shite and his performance over the past few months would get a minor-leaguer benched. It's not pathetic that they booed him, though I'm not a fan of it myself - He's brought it upon himslef.

What have I missed sir?

I know next to fuck all about rounders, but watched most of this match. Good craic. Why did the Rangers remove Uehara after a dingle innings though? Dude was striking people out for jokes. I suppose Nathan is some sort of regular big name closer? Or was Uehara in there for some type southpaw/orthodox reason? Don;t recall exactly who he faced. Seemed weird to remove someone who went 1-2-3 in their innings though.

Ron Washington is a bad manager

fucking yankees.

Anyone see the game last night ?

2-1 down in the night, Orioles closer on the mound - Girardi puts Ibanez in for the rubbish A-Rod. Home run to tie the game, then three innings later he hits the winning home run.

At least A-Rod has age as an excuse. Granderson?

.063 BA, .118 OBP and nine strikeouts in 16 at-bats.

Useless.

Giants and Tigers are through to the next round. The other two are tied at 2-2.

The Yankees have Sabathia pitching for them in the decider - he is their best but he hasn't been great this year.

I like the other match though - Wainwright for the Cardinals v Gio Gonzalez for the Nationals.

Hard to bet against the yankees in a game 5 / game 7 in the Bronx... Hope I'm wrong though, obviously.

Yankees are fucked.

Be interesting to see if Cashman can get rid of A-Rod and possibly Teixeira. I am guessing Swisher is gone too and Granderson gets another year.

Pity though.

Wonder if they could have solved their AB problems if Montero was not traded. Pineda has done fuck all this season with him being injured.

brooms.jpg

:mad:

Another team that barely got into the playoffs and stayed hot throughout. Great to see the tigers dump the Yankees out. You'd have to think with Prince and Miggy and that pitching they'll be tough to beat.

I wonder what Cashman will do to fix the team?

I don't know, some of the decisions weren't his. A-Rod for example, 5 years left on his deal and he looks like pretty average. He was unlucky with Pineda - even if some warning signs were there.

A number of players cooled off in October - Swisher, Cano, Granderson after having good seasons. I don't think they got that much wrong but A- Rod is a problem and Jeter can't hang around forever.

From what i remember there isn't a great free agent crop this time around so the trade market could get interesting

From what i remember there isn't a great free agent crop this time around so the trade market could get interesting

I think Josh Hamilton is the premier free agent - but he's a bloody big risk.

I think the Rangers will make a big trade - Andrus, Kinsler or Cruz will go (not because they have to, but they'll get a player they need in return and let Profar start every day)

Don't the Rangers have a great 3B prospect too? Is Profar a SS?

I read somewhere they want to keep Hamilton but they'll let him see what offers he can get from other clubs before making an offer.

Don't the Rangers have a great 3B prospect too? Is Profar a SS?

I read somewhere they want to keep Hamilton but they'll let him see what offers he can get from other clubs before making an offer.

Yah, Olt is very highly rated too. We have amongst the best farm systems in the game - phenomenal turn around in that department since Hicks sold the club. Profar is the SS who homered in his 1st AB. He's ready for every day ABs, as per Ranger reports, and he's 19.

Yah ESPN.com says they want to keep him but will let him test the market. He's going to go where the most money is - and I'm not sure the Rangers will give him that. Time will tell. He's a wonderful player when healthy and sober.

Nolan Ryan's approach to pitching has helped too I think. But the revival of the farm system was underway long before Hicks was gone. By 2008 you had one of the top rated farms thanks to Jon Daniels' trades and drafts.

Nolan Ryan's approach to pitching has helped too I think. But the revival of the farm system was underway long before Hicks was gone. By 2008 you had one of the top rated farms thanks to Jon Daniels' trades and drafts.

Yah, JD is definitely the brains behind it. I thought we only really started 'differentiating' the system between most clubs once Hicks went. I guess Hicks may be a blind spot for me, unless we're talking about Brett Hull and '96.

Back
Top Bottom