• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Nabil Fekir : Updates Only. If you are hungry go the 'sandwich' thread !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
According to the Echo Fekir seems to have told Aulas he only wants LFC and we could get this done before the WC since Aulas is also worried that Fekir may not get a lot of time at the WC (with Tolisso, Pogba and Kante as the likely starters).

Aulas has also signed Aouar - the probable replacement for Fekir's starting berth - to a new 5 year contract so has no worries as to who replaces Fekir in the side.

A slight correction – Aouar was already a starter for the most part last season, playing alongside Fekir. But his development points more towards a role in the midfield 3 rather than a forward like Fekir. Hatem Ben Arfa has been mooted as a potential direct replacement.

Is a hot dog a sandwich? I don't think so. As soon as a sandwich gets too roll-like, it's a roll.

Obviously I was on about in a pita. I think we need a classification chart.
Hang on, now that I think of it, does the number of individual bits of bread need to be considered? Surely a sandwich needs at least two bits of bread for the filling to be considered 'sandwiched'? What about wraps? Do they count as a sandwhich if it's just one piece of bread wrapped around it?

Hang on, now that I think of it, does the number of individual bits of bread need to be considered? Surely a sandwich needs at least two bits of bread for the filling to be considered 'sandwiched'? What about wraps? Do they count as a sandwhich if it's just one piece of bread wrapped around it?

You always find wraps in the sandwich bit of the menu. QED.

So its a sausage roll then?!

Redefining sandwich demarcations: it's like time travel. You cause a domino effect as soon as you intervene. I think technically a hot dog is indeed a sausage, or, if you will, a frankfurter roll. But it's clearly not a 'sausage roll' as traditionally defined. So that would have to be renamed something else, such as a 'sausage pasty' to avoid causing confusion.

Reactions: HC
If it's in the pita, yes. If it's served up on chips, no.

Have you never been to Turkey? The doner there is incredible, and it's not in a pita normally, just in ekmek (bread)!

e02b17d233c2d9566b9a37ebb14e2e7e.jpg

I was brought up believing that 2 slices of bread "sandwiching" a filling was indeed a sandwich, BUT, one piece of folded bread with filling was a butty.

Redefining sandwich demarcations: it's like time travel. You cause a domino effect as soon as you intervene. I think technically a hot dog is indeed a sausage, or, if you will, a frankfurter roll. But it's clearly not a 'sausage roll' as traditionally defined. So that would have to be renamed something else, such as a 'sausage pasty' to avoid causing confusion.

Yeah, the conflict here is caused by the usurper, the platypus. The sausage roll has muscled in on sandwich lexicon, but we all know what it really is. The filthy bastard.

Have you never been to Turkey? The doner there is incredible, and it's not in a pita normally, just in ekmek (bread)!

The kebabs in Berlin with @Piedro last week were some of the nicest sandwiches we've ever had. They invented them there so I suppose they've got the upper hand, but you can't them as good as that round these ways. The bread was fucking ace.

The kebabs in Berlin with @Piedro last week were some of the nicest sandwiches we've ever had. They invented them there so I suppose they've got the upper hand, but you can't them as good as that round these ways. The bread was fucking ace.

They invented kebabs in Berlin? Serious or you just tempting me to google it?

Serious. Well they invented the doner. The Turks couldn't sell meat on its own and soon realised the Aryan lust for sandwiches

Surely a sandwich needs at least two bits of bread for the filling to be considered 'sandwiched'?
I dunno. If I'm only slightly hungry I may make a tomato ketchup sandwich with one slice of bread folded in half. So technically I don't think you need two slices, but you do need bread on both sides

I've never made it to Turkey, we kept on meaning to go to Istanbul but didn't get round to it. One day.

I dunno. If I'm only slightly hungry I may make a tomato ketchup sandwich with one slice of bread folded in half. So technically I don't think you need two slices, but you do need bread on both sides
So, I think we can all agree that an "open sandwich" is a load of nonsense?

I love the fact I saw the heading, saw it was 2 pages already and knew it would be mostly sandwichs and a big fuck you to Froggy for trying to get it on track

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom