• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Napoli (H) Last CL game of the group stage, Tue 1.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trent and Gomez not to start that's all I ask. Ibou/Phillips and give Ramsay a go

It just amazes me that anyone would have Gomez anywhere near any position in this side.

He’s making monumental mistake(s) in pretty much every game that are game changers or potentially catastrophic (West Ham pen etc) - and some folk are still like, ‘well he played well after the mistake’…’he offers solidity down the right side at right back’ etc.

Can you imagine if Trent had nonchalantly gifted that early goal to Fulham? There would be burning effigies for bonfire night.
And how many has Trent been responsible for (whilst so far being abysmal in attack)? We're all hoping Ramsey turns out to be our next RB but at present, with 4 at the back, it's Gomez, Trent or Millie on the right. I know who I'd pick.

I'd like to see Ibu & VVD start as we need that partnership to take over with immediate effect, Trent should play as that again is a working relationship we need firing up.

----------Kelleher----------
Trent--Ibu--VVD--Tsimi-
----------Bajectic----------
------Milner----Jones----
Elliot----Firmino---Carvalho

Let's risk as few key players as possible. Salah, Nunez, Thiago, Fabs, Robbo, Hendo etc. all on the bench. Ox & maybe even Naby should get a run out here at some point too

It just amazes me that anyone would have Gomez anywhere near any position in this side.

He’s making monumental mistake(s) in pretty much every game that are game changers or potentially catastrophic (West Ham pen etc) - and some folk are still like, ‘well he played well after the mistake’…’he offers solidity down the right side at right back’ etc.

Can you imagine if Trent had nonchalantly gifted that early goal to Fulham? There would be burning effigies for bonfire night.

I agree. Those massive mistakes completely unsettle the team. They’re low on confidence and gifts like the one on the weekend don’t help.

This is how I imagine @Hansern looks like:

61413809_401.jpg

No idea what team Klopp will pick – on one hand you want your strongest to inject a bit of positive momentum after a bad loss, but on the other hand that might still not be enough against Napoli and then we'd be tired for Spurs. Personally I would go with the youngsters. Go full Rodgers vs Read Madrid lineup – at least they will run and try to impress.

images

I'd like to see Ibu & VVD start as we need that partnership to take over with immediate effect, Trent should play as that again is a working relationship we need firing up.

----------Kelleher----------
Trent--Ibu--VVD--Tsimi-
----------Bajectic----------
------Milner----Jones----
Elliot----Firmino---Carvalho

Let's risk as few key players as possible. Salah, Nunez, Thiago, Fabs, Robbo, Hendo etc. all on the bench. Ox & maybe even Naby should get a run out here at some point too
That midfield and Trent at RB vs this Napoli attack? : 0-7

That midfield and Trent at RB vs this Napoli attack? : 0-7

The result doesn't matter - the playing time for key players matters. 90 mins (or even 60-70 mins) for Trent-Ibu-VVD is important for the final 2 leagues games of the season.

And how many has Trent been responsible for (whilst so far being abysmal in attack)? We're all hoping Ramsey turns out to be our next RB but at present, with 4 at the back, it's Gomez, Trent or Millie on the right. I know who I'd pick.
In the last 5-6 games? Not as many and nowhere near as catastrophic either.

They won’t back him to that degree.
Then might as well sell the club and get out of football... Because to keep up with the best we need that type of investment... Everyone was laughing at how much arsenal spent last season and this season but look where they are now

Then might as well sell the club and get out of football... Because to keep up with the best we need that type of investment... Everyone was laughing at how much arsenal spent last season and this season but look where they are now
Up to your first set of ellipsis is the dream… as long as they sell to mega wealthy owners with more money than sense.

Odds on vvd or Salah is fucking broken during / after this Match.

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Konate, Van Dijk, Tsimikas, Fabinho, Milner, Thiago, Jones, Salah, Firmino.
Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Gomez, Elliott, Ramsay, Robertson, Nunez, Carvalho, Bajcetic, Phillips.

Awful midfield. Playing with 10. Actually 9! If Napoli don’t rest some players, we are getting mauled.
Think I’ll watch Dahmer instead.

I like this team, Curtis my man is in !!!yes, we will smack them 5 or 6 nil tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom