• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Aston Villa (H) - Sun 14:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't rate Southgate.

Playing TAA in midfield against Malta and North Macedonia isn't really a good test of his ability to play the role. You and I could play this position and probably do OK.
Lol, hey you can only play against what's in front of you. Trent is still young, he needs time to adapt. He's been a right-back since his debut for the first team. I agree that he isn't suited for a midfield role at LFC right now but Southgate can experiment as much as he wants for all I care. That's England's problem.

I don't rate Southgate.

Playing TAA in midfield against Malta and North Macedonia isn't really a good test of his ability to play the role. You and I could play this position and probably do OK.

I'm not a particular fan of Southgate's either, but North Macedonia are no mugs (they've beaten both Germany and Italy away in their time) and Malta will give you a physical challenge even if their ability level is miles below England's. They were fair enough tests.

Last edited:
Lol, hey you can only play against what's in front of you. Trent is still young, he needs time to adapt. He's been a right-back since his debut for the first team. I agree that he isn't suited for a midfield role at LFC right now but Southgate can experiment as much as he wants for all I care. That's England's problem.

It is... but it can easily become Liverpool's problem in more ways than one.

How do u mean?
Will Trent start making demands?

Potentially, if he does well it might affect his attitude / mentality here.

If he doesn’t do well, could affect his confidence and form.

But also the media can be very annoying. Remember all the stories and media attention we had to deal with when Gerrard wasn’t playing in the position everyone believed he should be.

He might do. Especially if he's praised to the hilt for the national side
Potentially, if he does well it might affect his attitude / mentality here.

If he doesn’t do well, could affect his confidence and form.

But also the media can be very annoying. Remember all the stories and media attention we had to deal with when Gerrard wasn’t playing in the position everyone believed he should be.
Unfortunately, there's not much LFC can do about it. I hope Trent, who soon might be our new Cap, will understand his role in the team and appreciate his free role at RB.
Hopefully he'll get his midfield "fix" playing for England.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom