• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA 2016/17

I think LeBron broke the Celtics. Lost against the Hawks last night.
The Cavs look set for the first seed.

Playoffs line-up finalised.

East:

Celtics v Bulls
Cavs v Pacers
Raptors v Bucks
Wizards v Hawks

West:

Warriors v Blazers
Spurs v Grizzlies
Rockets v Thunder
Clippers v Jazz

Pacers lose to the Cavs by a point in the opener. Had a chance to win it, but CJ Miles blew it.

Bucks blew the Raptors at Toronto.

Jazz getting a buzzer beating win over the Clippers at LA. But Gobert got injured, and is likely to be out for the series.

Last edited:
The Bucks beating the Raptors is a bit of an upset.

I need to make an effort to watch as much of these games as possible.

I don't much like the Raptors, so I'm rooting for the bucks.

Giannis is a special special player. Is he Lebron's heir in the league?

Middleton is also one of the league's most underrated players.

Bulls beat the Celtics in Boston.

No other surprises - Warriors rout the Blazers and the Rockets rout the Thunder. Spurs won comfortably against the Grizzlies too.

I went through a phase of watching extended highlights of most games a couple of years ago using NBA Game Time app as it was free. Looks like you have to pay now - how do you guys watch highlights of games? Or have you just forked out for a pass?

Will the Jazz beat the Clippers folks?

I'm gonna be in Salt Lake in a few weeks time and if schedules allow I'll likely be in town for next round against Golden State. That'd be pretty fun.

Will the Jazz beat the Clippers folks?

I'm gonna be in Salt Lake in a few weeks time and if schedules allow I'll likely be in town for next round against Golden State. That'd be pretty fun.
If Gobert comes back, I fancy the Jazz to take the series.

Even without him, they will take the series down to the wire I reckon. Quin Snyder is an excellent coach, and the Jazz play tough defense.

Clippers are, well, the Clippers. They'll lose in the next round even if they do get past the Jazz.

I went through a phase of watching extended highlights of most games a couple of years ago using NBA Game Time app as it was free. Looks like you have to pay now - how do you guys watch highlights of games? Or have you just forked out for a pass?
I think you get full highlights of most games on YouTube within like an hour or two.

Bulls take a 2-0 lead as the series now moves to Chicago.

Playoffs Rondo is a different beast.

I wonder if Ainge regrets not giving up some draft picks now ?
I wonder what he does if he gets a top 2 pick in this draft. Does he draft Fultz/Ball, and trade IT? Or does he trade the pick for George or Butler?

Does Butler even go the Celtics if he topples them in the first round this year?

I wonder what he does if he gets a top 2 pick in this draft. Does he draft Fultz/Ball, and trade IT? Or does he trade the pick for George or Butler?

Does Butler even go the Celtics if he topples them in the first round this year?

The first round of the playoffs seems to be going along the lines of the old NBA adage - the team with the best player wins.

Butler and Giannis are the best two players in their respective series aren't they ?

I don't see Butler going but i'd imagine the Celtics is the likeliest trade spot for George.

How much of IT's playoff displays is down to his recent bereavement and how much is down to the fact that teams are just planning better for him ?

If its the latter you take Fultz or Ball surely

LeBron with a 40 point triple double brings the Cavs from 26 points down to beat the Pacers.

Doing it when it matters ...

Did I mention that the Bucks blew the Raptors in Game 3. Great stuff.

The potential of this Bucks team is immense. Giannis could be the best player in the league in another 3 years. Thon Maker seems to have a ton of defensive potential, even though he is pretty raw right now. Middleton is a very solid 2nd / 3rd option, and plays solid defense as well.

If Jabari Parker comes back from injury, and plays as well as he was earlier, he's the ideal third wheel to Giannis and Middleton.

The concern of course is whether they'd be able to retain all this talent in free agency. They're a small market team, and they've never been an attractive free agency destination. Also, they need to get a better coach than Jason Kidd.

If the chips all fall in place, they could be a special team.

Imagine if Parker didn't get injured !

Watching OKC v Houston at the minute - Russ with a first half triple double. Harden with 6 points so far ...

75-68 near the end of the 3rd.

OKC (Russ) had a poor 4th quarter and they ended up 5 points down with 21 seconds on the clock.

The Rockets intentionally fouled Adams who nailed the first FT and then on the second they did this:

And they fucked up immeidately afterwards on defence ensuring they lost.
I jumped out of my seat when Russ nailed that 3

Big win for the Jazz. Keeps alive my hopes of getting to see them in next round against GSW.

Although - and I'm no b'ball expert - why can't the Clippers beat a Jazz side with no Hayward when 6 points up with 4 mins to play?

Back
Top Bottom