• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA 2016/17

Cavs sweep the Raptors to reach the Finals. Horrendous series from Toronto.

Celtics-Wizards and Spurs-Rockets both tied at 2-2 now.

Warriors should complete their sweep of the Jazz tomorrow.

Draymond Green (I'm paraphrasing)
"It's been too easy for the Cavs, I wish they were challenged a bit".
Cavs have swept their first two series, winning by ~9 points per game.
Warriors have swept their first two series, winning by ~13 points per game.

Tart

LOL @ Harden. 3 turnovers in OT, and gets stuffed by a 109-year-old Manu on the final possession. Top class D by San Antonio in OT, but what were the Rockets doing with their last few possessions in OT? Terrible offence.

Glad SA won and hopefully they'll close out in Houston.

Last edited:
Who do you think the Cavs will play in the ECF?
Still think its going to be the Wizards.

Bloody weird series this. You beat me by 10 in each of the first 2 games, I beat you by 20 in each of the next 2, you beat me by (from the looks of it) 20 or 30 the next game... I agree with Modo - whoever wins is likely to get swept by the Cavs.

Last edited:
I meant Wiz-Celts.
I don't think it will be a sweep - will be 6 games - whoever face the Cavs.
Don't underestimate the Bron. Especially after having a week's rest.
If Rondo didn't get injured Chicago would have swept them and the Cavs have better guards than him.

If Lebron beats this Warriors team - what does that do for his legacy ?
Greatest achivement of his career. Imagine beating a vastly improved version of the best team in the league!

And his team didnt upgrade at all this season.

I think the Warriors will win though. Last year Barnes went missing during the finals; Durant will not let it happen this year.

If Lebron beats this Warriors team - what does that do for his legacy ?

Imo he'll be the greatest player ever.
Jordan never had to compete with a team like the warriors.

People in the media seem to think that LeBron can't eclipse Jordan due to his 6 rings in 6 finals. Well, how many times did he get knocked out in the first round?
Also, LeBron has won with two different teams. His biggest victory came last year when he built a team consisting of players who barely made it to the playoffs before.

Sat in the airport with Joe Ingles last night. Great guy. Say's Hayward is extremely unlikely to stay, apparently he "wants to win things".

Spurs routed the Rockets without Kawhi. Wtf was up with Harden & Co.? Scoring a measly 75 points in the most important game in the season that too against a team without their best player.

Spurs routed the Rockets without Kawhi. Wtf was up with Harden & Co.? Scoring a measly 75 points in the most important game in the season that too against a team without their best player.
People in the media wondering why Harden was so bad last night.
The simple answer? He was tired.
I think they now understand why LeBron rests during the season.

Did Lebron rest this season ?

All the articles i read were about how he was playing more minutew than ever.

Houston - if they couldn't beat the Spurs minus Leonard and Parker then they wouldn't have stood a chance in the conference final.

Is Kawhi going to be back soon ?

Harden took 9 SHOTS ... that's not tired, that's quitting ole chap ... he wasn't in the game, passed up open shots and against a Spurs team without their two key offensive players. Embarrassing performance.

@Modo - look at the NBA in the 80s and 90s ... Jordan was up against the Pistons in their prime, then the Lakers' last few years of Show Time, then the Knicks (who were fucking amazing defensively), Miller & Smits' Pacers, Shaq & Penny's Magic, Hakeem's Rockets etc etc ... He'd have won 8 in 8 if he hadn't gone for MLB - he just knew how to win, and he made everyone around him better. There were never 'days off', far harder bball etc ... Look at what JOrdan did ppg wise, it's fucking amazing. He's right below Jordan but beating the Warriors, with a hobbled Curry (he wasn't 100% in that playoffs) & Green's idiocy, doesn't push him into that category just yet.

On another note, we've barely mentioned Klay these playoffs ... Is he the key vs the Spurs?

He looked jaded during that OT in San Antonio. I really think it carried over. They were rotating on 7 players. Sure, he did have shitty game too.
Regarding Jordan, during Lebrons first like 7 years in the NBA fucking Ilgauskas was the 2nd best player in his team and LeBron still managed to take that shitty team to the finals. Its not he played against Scrubs in the east. Celtics with Garnett, Pierce, Allen. The Heat with Shaq and Wade etc.
Yes the East is weaker these days, but 7 straight finals?!! For 7 years they couldn't do anything to stop him in the east?

Spurs v. Warriors - Western Conference Final of first and second seeded teams.
I don't see how they beat the Warriors 4 times out of 7 but its going to be interesting to see them try.

And if Boston come through against the Wizards (which i think they will, but in game 7) it will also be an Easter conference 1-2 matchup.

Here's the difference - Jordan WON it 6 straight years. Once he got there, it was over.
That just tells that you are one of those hype believers. He took a years rest between those two three-peats and was knocked out of the playoffs in 95.
So no, he didn't go to six straight.

That just tells that you are one of those hype believers. He took a years rest between those two three-peats and was knocked out of the playoffs in 95.
So no, he didn't go to six straight.

"Took years to rest" = 2 years of trying to play baseball?
Is that how you take a rest?
You shouldn't mention the word considering how Jordan played (and the league itself) vs LeBron, and how he takes care of himself, gets periodic rests etc ... It's how to 'lengthen careers' as per Pop.

'95 was not a full season - which is why Shaq n' co beat them (If memory serves me well).

"Took years to rest" = 2 years of trying to play baseball?
Is that how you take a rest?
You shouldn't mention the word considering how Jordan played (and the league itself) vs LeBron, and how he takes care of himself, gets periodic rests etc ... It's how to 'lengthen careers' as per Pop.

'95 was not a full season - which is why Shaq n' co beat them (If memory serves me well).
But you still can't say 6 straight.

Wasn't Jordan quietly banned from the NBA for gambling - and thats why he went to play baseball

Back
Top Bottom