• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA 2020-21

No way - it will always be footy as the 'primary league' will always be 10+ hours away (from the best bball).
I dunno, Panathinaikos Basketball are something like 6 times European champs, there's no way the football clubs can match that. The only Greek team to get to a European cup final is Panathinaikos and that was in the 60s.

I dunno, Panathinaikos Basketball are something like 6 times European champs, there's no way the football clubs can match that. The only Greek team to get to a European cup final is Panathinaikos and that was in the 60s.

Oh in terms of domestic success, for sure ... That will always be a source of pride (though I don't believe the Greek national team will do what their footy team snoozed in 2006!).
But in terms of fans and their investment, I don't believe it will overcome footy just because of the reality of the league strength etc - the real bball in Europe is the European tournament and the best bball is in Amerikuh.

Oh in terms of domestic success, for sure ... That will always be a source of pride (though I don't believe the Greek national team will do what their footy team snoozed in 2006!).
But in terms of fans and their investment, I don't believe it will overcome footy just because of the reality of the league strength etc - the real bball in Europe is the European tournament and the best bball is in Amerikuh.
I still haven't went to a bball game here. There's talk of AEK basketball moving into the Olympic facility near us, I think it hosted the martial arts or something like that. It'll be good for the building to be used properly again but I'm not sure if it'll be good for the traffic going through our area as the public transport links to it are shite and there's loads of parking spots in and around it.

I still haven't went to a bball game here. There's talk of AEK basketball moving into the Olympic facility near us, I think it hosted the martial arts or something like that. It'll be good for the building to be used properly again but I'm not sure if it'll be good for the traffic going through our area as the public transport links to it are shite and there's loads of parking spots in and around it.

I've been here either (went to a few NBA games back in the day).
The crowds I see in the pana/olympiakos vs maccabi games look INSANE

In Europe Football will always be the Nr.1 sport. But in case of successes that may be different as you mentioned.

in general, the Greek fans are crazy (similar to Belgrad fans) but what the do in the halls is just crazy. I think you will not see that anywhere in the US or in the rest of Europe/world.

By the way It was 2004 when Greek won the European Championship. ;)

In Europe Football will always be the Nr.1 sport. But in case of successes that may be different as you mentioned.

in general, the Greek fans are crazy (similar to Belgrad fans) but what the do in the halls is just crazy. I think you will not see that anywhere in the US or in the rest of Europe/world.

By the way It was 2004 when Greek won the European Championship. ;)

2004? Good fix ... 2006 was world cup and italia!!!!

Back
Top Bottom