• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA 2020-21

Suns romp, but to be expected ... Clippers have started every series slow until they figure out how to slow down the other team. Let's see if they can do it here.

Hawks surprise again, beating Sixers in 7.
Ben SImmons took 3 shots in the 4th quarter of the entire series. HE passed up a dunk to pass yesterday ... and even Embiid called it the turning point of the game.
Doc's tone even changed about him. He needs a fresh start, just like FUltz did, because I don't think he can continue there. He's their weakest link ... just not sure where else he can go. What team team needs a PG that's scared to shoot, can't hit FTs but is a great defender and will create great opportunities for teammates?

Do you think Lue is a good coach? I am still unsure but the win over the Jazz speaks in his favour.
I think it will be tough for Clippers against Suns (did not expect any of those both teams in the conference finals).

That was really a surprise. But Simmons is just not good enough (I mean I like him but that was a really bad 4th quarter performance in these 7 games).
I think he will maybe get to a team which is currently located in the no man's land as no one else will pay anything for him (and even teams like the Magics or Cavaliers will not give away any good assets...).

Do you think Lue is a good coach? I am still unsure but the win over the Jazz speaks in his favour.
I think it will be tough for Clippers against Suns (did not expect any of those both teams in the conference finals).

That was really a surprise. But Simmons is just not good enough (I mean I like him but that was a really bad 4th quarter performance in these 7 games).
I think he will maybe get to a team which is currently located in the no man's land as no one else will pay anything for him (and even teams like the Magics or Cavaliers will not give away any good assets...).

Lue is showing himself to be a very good coach. Thought LeBron made him but what he's doing with a mentally fragile franchise and reviving Paul George's "playoff P" persona is fantastic.

Simmons has a problem - every player in the NBA needs to be able to shoot ... and he hit a mental wall in this series. The talent is ridiculous, and the work rate too. I just don't know where he can land ... Maybe Milwaukee? or Portland?

Lue is showing himself to be a very good coach. Thought LeBron made him but what he's doing with a mentally fragile franchise and reviving Paul George's "playoff P" persona is fantastic.

Simmons has a problem - every player in the NBA needs to be able to shoot ... and he hit a mental wall in this series. The talent is ridiculous, and the work rate too. I just don't know where he can land ... Maybe Milwaukee? or Portland?

I guess you are right with Lue. At the moment, he proves that he is able to stabilise the team and improve his players.

Absolutely. Especially as a PG (SF) you need to be able to throw the ball and not just have a good eye and play great defense. I do not know who will trade for him. A contender - maybe? A team like Portland? In how far would they improve? And what does Philly want? Highly difficult topic in my view.

Suns win game 2 in an incredible fashion, after the refs try and spoil the game in every conceivable fashion.

Ayton with a great catch and dunk off an inbound pass with 0.9 seconds left. Booker with an incredible screen to get Ayton free despite playing with a broken nose post a Beverley headbutt.

It's amazing that the NBA still allows Scott Foster to ref games. He's the Martin Atkinson or Kevin Friend level of incompetent, but also loves the attention with his whistle-happy deliberately generate controversy nonsense. Year after year after year, players and fans of various teams complain about him, but the NBA does nothing.

Not to mention that it's well known that he was part of corrupt Tim Donaghy's inner circle.

That is true and repeats every season. There are always some refs which do what they want and get no "punishment".

I do not know if someone is watching NHL but similar things happen there and especially in happened in game 2 & 3 between Vegas - Canadians (I think the NHL do not like Canadian teams to win the Stanley Cup ;)) where they tried everything to let Vegas win.

Suns win game 2 in an incredible fashion, after the refs try and spoil the game in every conceivable fashion.

Ayton with a great catch and dunk off an inbound pass with 0.9 seconds left. Booker with an incredible screen to get Ayton free despite playing with a broken nose post a Beverley headbutt.

Not sure that's an incredible screen - he didn't look set ...

Game should have been over ... Pandemic P at it again ... I guess the Clips like being down 0-2 ... with CP3 back, I think they'll struggle to repeat their heroics vs Mavericks and Jaza

It's incredible in the context of him playing with a broken nose and still putting his body on the line against a 7 footer to get a tiny advantage. The initial sequence you see him jostling with Batum, and then he sees the play and quickly gives Zubac a bump. He's not fully set but the bump gives Ayton exactly what he needs to get to the rim.

Booker's back screening is actually the most underrated part of his game. Very few stars do it. Suns run a lot of Spain PnR sets, and Booker is often the one setting the back screens.

Not sure that's an incredible screen - he didn't look set ...

Game should have been over ... Pandemic P at it again ... I guess the Clips like being down 0-2 ... with CP3 back, I think they'll struggle to repeat their heroics vs Mavericks and Jaza

The funny thing about pandemic P is that he played okay against Utah (at least or especially in the last two games) and now he starts again. As a Clippers fan you should be feared that in the next game he starts to shoot airball free throws in the crunch time...

The funny thing about pandemic P is that he played okay against Utah (at least or especially in the last two games) and now he starts again. As a Clippers fan you should be feared that in the next game he starts to shoot airball free throws in the crunch time...

I'm a Mavs fan ... just feel sorry for the Clippers. If they had a real coach for Lob City, they may have actually done more.

I'm a Mavs fan ... just feel sorry for the Clippers. If they had a real coach for Lob City, they may have actually done more.
Yeah, me too. Did not wanted to imply that I think you are a Clippers fan but just add something to your Pandemic P comment.

That is by the way also my thinking - I do not feel to sorry for the Clippers but I agree with you about the coach.

Can't help but feel a healthy Kawhi makes this a 4-1/2 win for the Clipps ... and next round, they'll have a hobbled Young or Giannis.
It seems this is their year.
That is true. But there were really a lot of injuries in the PO this years.

Go Bucks!!!
I don't really care about basketball but I would like the Greek Freak to bag a championship as he seems like a decent fellow.

Lovely! But felt like 40secs.

I think Suns played quite well till now and the Bucks made so far to much mistakes/bad decisions and If Holiday or Middleton have one more off night I do not see them to win it. But would love to have 7 games and I am happy to see any of the two teams as a new champ!

Giannis willing the Bucks back in game 3. He's been a monster for the past 2 games.

Suns had a bad game today. Early foul trouble for Ayton, their lack of a backup big, especially without Saric is a weakness. Booker was ice cold today too.

Great win for the bucks, congratulations for winning the trophy and quite a good series. Bucks come back after two loses was impressive and Giannis showed that he is one of the best players in the league.

And it further is interesting to see that more and more European player count to the top players in the NBA!

Bucks winning this is good for the NBA - a super star stays with his team, doesn't go hunting for other super stars and is the key factor in an impressive playoff run.
Hopefully, Giannis can highlight a new path for NBA stars after the "super team" trend ... unlikely but yeah hopefully.

Basketball is already a big sport here, I reckon it'll really take off now with Giannis winning the title. Athens would be an ideal city to produce basketball stars as there isn't enough space anywhere for a football pitch...

Incidentally, I read it was the Bucks' first title in 50 years. That's fucking ages, thought I. Then I noticed they last won it just 8 years before I was born.

That's heartbreaking @dmishra

Basketball is already a big sport here, I reckon it'll really take off now with Giannis winning the title. Athens would be an ideal city to produce basketball stars as there isn't enough space anywhere for a football pitch...

Isnt it already huge with olympiakos etc?
I remember watching when "you" guys had baby shaq ...

Isnt it already huge with olympiakos etc?
I remember watching when "you" guys had baby shaq ...
Well, it's already big but still probably second to football. I can see that perhaps changing, in Athens anyway.

Incidentally, I read it was the Bucks' first title in 50 years. That's fucking ages, thought I. Then I noticed they last won it just 8 years before I was born.

That's heartbreaking @dmishra
Suns have never won the title in 53 years of their existence.

Back
Top Bottom