• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA Regular Season Thread & Playoffs

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=28209.msg864755#msg864755 date=1242111336]
Rondo should take a game ... Kobe too, and add Carmelo too with his nice 'missed punch' attempt.

Mavs should be tied 2-2 now with the Nugs, but are down 3-1. Can they win 3 more? Not a chance in hell but hey, this team has done some impressive stuff this year when their backs were against the walls, so let's hope for a miracle.

Cavs finished off the hawks. Another sweep. They're looking really good ...
[/quote]

Take a game? Bollocks. Flagrant 1, tops.

Just 'cos that pussy Miller cried like a little girl and pretended to be really shaken up 'cos he missed the free throws that came next, doesn't make it any worse than it really was...

That screaming idiot Noah's foul on Rondo in game 6 (or maybe 7) was as bad as Rondo's and it didn't deserve a suspension either.

Your lot showed a haert I wasn't expecting yesterday, but by winning that game, it just shows me that they haven't a clue, in general. Dirk would be unstoppable if he played the low post, night in, night out. On the rare occassion that he's done it, he's proven that. But he doesn't do it, and the reason for that can only be one of two options...

1. He doesn't want to do it, 'cos he doesn't want to deal with the physical side of that role, or
2. None of his coaches over the past 10 years seem to understand that having a dominant 7 footer in the paint is probably the best way to go... just ask Shaq or Timmy, for example - 8 rings between them.

I think that optiion 1 is FAR more probably that believing that every coach Dirk has had didn't understand the basics whilst coaching him... And that tells me something about Dirk, I'm afraid. Amazing talent. Not committied to doing what would have won this team a title.

Also, your owner is a disgusting human being, who constantly embarrasses this team, and this city. And last night, "fans" were throwing beer at Kenyan's mother, in the stands. F#$!ing scumbags, who, unfortunately, feed off your scumbag, spolit brat owner.

And Cleveland will only lose three games between now and picking up the trophy. One in the Conference final and two (maybe) in the finals. LeBron is untouchable.

why did the mavs need extra protection in denver when the series started? let's look at the start of the issue, not just what's happening now (which is going way too far).

you shouldn't be comparing Shaq or Duncan to Dirk, both were always interior players who could never score 'big points' without that. Dirk was never an interior player and is just more comfortable facing the rim ... Could he have become a far far more dominating player had he become more active in the low post? Probably ... (but I ask, at what cost to his health?).

This series should be 2-2 ... It's really frustrating but hey, win next game and we have a series.

Cleveland look amazing and LeBron - well, he looks to be one of the best ever, and he's only 24 ... I hope he pulls a Jordan and stays with Cleveland his whole career (I don't count the '45' shit).

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=28209.msg865168#msg865168 date=1242149326]
why did the mavs need extra protection in denver when the series started? let's look at the start of the issue, not just what's happening now (which is going way too far).

you shouldn't be comparing Shaq or Duncan to Dirk, both were always interior players who could never score 'big points' without that. Dirk was never an interior player and is just more comfortable facing the rim ... Could he have become a far far more dominating player had he become more active in the low post? Probably ... (but I ask, at what cost to his health?).

This series should be 2-2 ... It's really frustrating but hey, win next game and we have a series.

Cleveland look amazing and LeBron - well, he looks to be one of the best ever, and he's only 24 ... I hope he pulls a Jordan and stays with Cleveland his whole career (I don't count the '45' shit).
[/quote]

Avy,

If he could have become a far more dominant player, but hasn't done so, it can only be due to his lack of desire to do so.

Therefore, he can never be classed as a true great of the game.

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=28209.msg865173#msg865173 date=1242149672]
[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=28209.msg865168#msg865168 date=1242149326]

[/quote]

Avy,

If he could have become a far more dominant player, but hasn't done so, it can only be due to his lack of desire to do so.

Therefore, he can never be classed as a true great of the game.
[/quote]

not necessarily ... i remember his rookie year really well - how did good ole Nelson play the lad?

Not sure what you're angling towards, amigo...

If he wasn't played 'properly' during his career, I get that line of thinking.

But dig a little deeper... All these coaches understand tha game, and want to be successful. If they didn't play Dirk in the position that he would be most beneficial to the team, it can only be for one reason. And that reason is not because they didn't want to play him down there...

i don't really buy it ... he was a lanky 7'0" with a great outside game, who was continually played on the perimeter by Nelson and all. As he matured and grow stronger, he become more of an inside force but still always remained more comfortable on the outside. He's had a fantastic career (i think another 4-5 years like he's having and he'll be a HoFer) but not all players can take it to 'that level' you're talking about (Shaq, Duncan etc).

Lakers up 37 now with 9 minutes to play in the 4th.

Really pummelled the Rockets today.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=28209.msg865428#msg865428 date=1242189240]
Cuban has apologized to KMart's mom (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4160606)

Celtics hold Magic without a field goal for almost 6 minutes at the end of the game, to rally and win 92-88. They now lead the series 3-2.

Lakers are up by 25+ in game 5
[/quote]

Cuban apologized via his blog, at approx 1:30am, hours after game four.

A real man a) wouldn't have done it in the first place, and b) would have had the stones to walk up to her in the stands and apologize in person, before the game starts. And he should have apologized to Kenyan too.

He's a coward, a moron and an embarrassment to this city.

You're right, real men don't make mistakes ... Sheesh, I'm not a real man either because I've said some nasty stuff before, far far worse than Cuban did to KMart's mom, and didn't apologize for some of it either (for valid reasons too, but who cares).

I don't think he's an 'embarassement to the city' - but as they say, to each his own.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=28209.msg865967#msg865967 date=1242225069]
You're right, real men don't make mistakes ... Sheesh, I'm not a real man either because I've said some nasty stuff before, far far worse than Cuban did to KMart's mom, and didn't apologize for some of it either (for valid reasons too, but who cares).

I don't think he's an 'embarassement to the city' - but as they say, to each his own.
[/quote]

FFS Avy. I didn't say "real men don't make mistakes", and you bloody well know it. Would you PLEASE get off your "Nobody in Dallas sports can ever do anything wrong" train. You're better than that.

Real men don't yell at some "innocent" woman because their team has just lost. You wouldn't. I wouldn't.

Real men apologise in person, face-to-face to those they have slighted, as quickly as possible, not via the internet, becasue their team managed to win the next game. If the apology is genuine, that is.

You know that he's acted like a bufoon in this instance. It doesn't make you any less of a fan to acknowledge it.

We've all said nasty stuff in the past, mate. But I'll wager there were a few differences between those situations you speak of and this one...
1) You were probably NOT in your mid-forties.
2) You probably didn't own a multi-million dollar sports franchise, and therefore your every move probably wasn't been televised for the entire contry to observe.
3) You probaly had actual reason to say nasty things, i.e. you were provoked.
4) You probably didn't yell at a random woman for no reason.

And, with respect, you don't live here. I do. Everybody I know, even those who live and die with the Mavericks, are embarassed by Cuban. He's widely viewed as a disgrace to the team he loves so much.

Trust me on this.

that he made a mistake, i don't deny ..... i just think you're being overly harsh on him - he was an idiot, did something extremely wrong and should have apologized quicker. Ok, but you're painting it as if he's murdered someone or been convinced like Irvin of cocaine possession etc. Despite his outbursts, you should judge him favorably for the amount of money he puts into charities in the US and A.

2) You probably didn't own a multi-million dollar sports franchise, and therefore your every move probably wasn't been televised for the entire contry to observe

For some reason, this reminded me of hte 'Jewish joke' that during his Bar Mitzvah, a Jewish teen will realize he has a better chance of owning a sports franchise than playing for one?

4) You probably didn't yell at a random woman for no reason.

Do drunk pick up lines count here? :-*

Re: 'live and die with the Mavericks' fans ... Surely they can tolerate him considering what a nothing franchise we were before his arrival? I mean, entertainment and all with Toni Braxton and the Jimmy Jamal and Jason, or old school Harper & Agguire but we were so shit.

C'mon Avy - I'm not reacting like he's murdered somebody. I've called him a moron, not a child molester.

I think he's a great owner, when it comes to what he does for his team and giving them the greatest opportunity to win. He's one of the best when it comes to that aspect of the position.

But he shouldn't be what people think of when they think of the Dallas Mavericks. Can you name a single situation where, when the team is mentioned and the first thing that pops into your mind is the owner rather than a player / coach, and it's a good team? I can't.

This city is grateful to him for turning this laughing stock around. But they seperate the two sides of his ownership... And they're constantly embarrassed by his actions. He's the worst of ambassadors for Dallas.

Now, he's the laughing stock.

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=28209.msg861043#msg861043 date=1241710469]
Kobe should be suspended. But he won't be.
[/quote]

Of course he won't he would make a fitting edition to the scum.

Mavs lost ... I'm kinda gutted to be honest, as it should be 3-2 with the series heading to Big D ... Oh well, that's life.

Well Done to the better team.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=28209.msg866515#msg866515 date=1242285095]
Mavs lost ... I'm kinda gutted to be honest, as it should be 3-2 with the series heading to Big D ... Oh well, that's life.

[/quote]

Put your support behind the Lakers now Avvy!

[quote author=DHSC link=topic=28209.msg866523#msg866523 date=1242286337]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Teams left in playoffs in order that I'd want to win:

1) Cleveland (for Lebron)
2) Orlando (I think it would be good for the NBA that another 'smaller' team historically wins)
3) Houston (it would be a phenomenal storyline, no yao, no tracy and champions. WON'T happen)
4) Lakers (I guess to prove that Phil doesn't need Pippen/Jordan or KObe/Shaq combo to win the 'big one')
5) Denver
6) Boston (Sorry Whad, I just don't like the Celtics)

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=28209.msg866534#msg866534 date=1242287429]

[/quote]

[/quote]

2) Orlando (I think it would be good for the NBA that another 'smaller' team historically wins)
3) Houston (it would be a phenomenal storyline, no yao, no tracy and champions. WON'T happen)
4) Lakers (I guess to prove that Phil doesn't need Pippen/Jordan or KObe/Shaq combo to win the 'big one')
5) Denver
[/quote]

No 4? :(

Lebron has many more years to win it.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=28209.msg866562#msg866562 date=1242289183]
Kobe's won it enough times though!
[/quote]

Not by himself he hasnt. I think this year is as good as any chance for us to win it. We have Odom and Ariza who will be free agents after this year and I don't know if we're willing to pay luxury tax just to keep them.

[/quote]

[/quote]

5) Denver
[/quote]

Don't carry that you don't like us in general, avy, but you'd rather see the f#$!ing Lakers win it over us?!?!

That hurts. Are the Yankess your second baseball team too?

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=28209.msg866856#msg866856 date=1242310463]

[/quote]

[/quote]

5) Denver
[/quote]

Don't carry that you don't like us in general, avy, but you'd rather see the f#$!ing Lakers win it over us?!?!

That hurts. Are the Yankess your second baseball team too?
[/quote]

Celtics got too cocky this year - I don't like that, prefer to at least 'pretend' you're humble (Like Larry! The biggest trash talker in NBA History but you'd never know). You want to move up to 5? Would that make you happier? :)

I hate the Yankees. 3 times the Rangers went to the playoffs, 3 times the Yankees beat us ...

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=28209.msg866872#msg866872 date=1242311667]
I don't care if we're number 31. As long as the Lakers are behind us...
[/quote]

ha ha sheesh, the hatred ...

i always liked Magic far more than Bird - and the Celtics are the 'best' in the history of the NBA, so they'll always get more 'hostility' ...

My order of preference would be:

1. Boston - my team and they're still in it
2. Houston - biggest underdog and will never happen
3. Denver - Always had a soft spot for them
4. Orlando/Cleveland - really don't care
32. Lakers...

Back
Top Bottom