• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NBA Thread 2012-2013

Steph Curry and the Warriors went into beast mode against the Nuggets last night. Shooting over 60% from the field and scoring 131 points. A team to look out for in the future.

Now that Russel Westbrook is out for the remainder of the playoffs, its time for "one of the most clutch players of all time" to step up.

0 points in the 4th quarter during last nights loss. Great job Kevin, very clutch.

now now Karl - it's a tough ask for anyone to adjust to going from a two star team to a one star team overnight. Just becaues the Spurs have an easier path to Miami, doesn't mean you can gloat (I do hope Miami is thrashed, whoever comes out of the West).

I think Boston or Houston make history this year.

It should not be that hard for someone most believe is as good as he is.

I heard a good comparison the other day, now Durant knows how it was for Lebron all those years in Cleveland.

Durant should be sucking Derek Fisher's cock after his performance in game 6 last night, otherwise they lose.

They'll go out to Memphis and I will be happy.

The cunts are done, may Durant's shame be permanent and Westbrook's injury be career ending. What a great day, Spurs to close out the series against Golden St in 7 games.

Then lose to Memphis in 6.

Hahaha, I thought of you when OKC got eliminated.

Memphis is peaking at the right time. They could pose big problems to whatever team they face.

Gasol trade didnt turn out too badly for them after all.

Memphis & Indiana are the only teams that can beat the Heat I think.

I don't think the Spurs can - they're a great team, but I don't think they have the 'youth' with their big players to challenge Lebron and co.

No way the Spurs get past Memphis. Duncan 10 years ago would have eaten Randolph and Gasol for lunch, now he too old, and they are way to physical for him to keep up with. The other Spurs' bigs just are not good enough, and Memphis's defense is good enough to keep Parker and Ginnobli at bay. Tiago Splitter could be a huge x-factor, if he plays above his means the Spurs have a chance, I just don't see it happening though.

I don't mind Memphis though, in fact I really don't care who wins it all at this point, as long as its not OKC, had they done more with Westbrook being hurt, the Durant love fest would have been worse than usual, sickening.

This post is to make Karl show Durant some love:

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The Oklahoma City Thunder are giving $1 million for tornado relief, matching a $1 million pledge by star player Kevin Durant.

The Thunder announced Tuesday that they'll give $1 million to the American Red Cross, the Salvation Army and other disaster relief organizations helping after Monday's disaster in suburban Oklahoma City. Earlier in the day, Durant pledged $1 million to the Red Cross from his Durant Family Foundation intended to match other donations and be an incentive for more people to give.

Red Cross' regional CEO Janienne Bella said the organization was thankful for Durant's "generosity."

The Red Cross is accepting $10 pledges from people who text "REDCROSS" to 90999. People can also donate at the organization's website.
On Monday, Durant sent a message to his 4.1 million Twitter followers with Red Cross donation information.

Its all relative though, according to my research he makes about 24.5 million per year. If I make $24,500 per year and donate $1,000 to charity am I no longer a cunt?

Anybody with a microphone and a voice on ESPN and other channels is mentioning Durant, even though his team is no longer playing, which I suspect is his real motivation behind all this.

A lot of athletes donate money to various charities throughout the year, not just when tragedy strikes in their backyard, the difference is these other athletes don't put it out on twitter afterwards.

Cavs win the lottery, although I dunno who is good in this year's draft. A lot of writers seem to think it's a bad one. Maybe Golgotha can shed some light?

Also, Spurs 2-0 up against the Grizzlies.

Its because there are no "superstars" in this years draft. The best analogy I have heard is that the talent in this draft is on par with pick 7 or 8, in previous drafts. Meaning the best player in this draft if in another year's draft would not be picked until the seventh or eighth pick.

There is a lot of depth in this years draft, just no superstars, basically this draft has a lot of solid role players. Cleveland may be better served to try and trade out of the first pick and get multiple picks, more value that way.

Drama again as Miami beat Indiana 103:102 in OT. LeBron scoring the winner just before the final buzzer.

Pacers tie up series 1-1 ... I think they'd be up 2-0 if Hibbert plays the last few seconds in game 1 ... This could go 7.

I've really been enjoying these playoffs.

The Pacers were a great match for the Heat , particularly with Wade limping.

It'll be an interesting final now - will the Spurs be favourites now?

Very surprised David Stern did not suspend Hibbert for game 7. Did not matter though, Heat win, and George came up very small in game 7.

The Heat should win, but the week off that the Spurs have had meaning all their players get rested and the fact it gave Popovich a lot of time to prepare makes me think it'll be pretty close

As much as I love watching LeBron I think I'm cheering for the Spurs in this one.

With Duncan, Parker, Ginobli I think they've got enough firepower and if Leonard can slow down LeBron then Wade and Bosh will have to do something they haven't done in a while

No way the Spurs get past Memphis. Duncan 10 years ago would have eaten Randolph and Gasol for lunch, now he too old, and they are way to physical for him to keep up with. The other Spurs' bigs just are not good enough, and Memphis's defense is good enough to keep Parker and Ginnobli at bay.

Heh.

Back
Top Bottom