• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL offseason, Draft and 2021/2022 season

Caleb Farley needs back surgery now before the draft, and is expected back for training camp. Seems likely that he'll fall down the drafting board now.

Surtain looks most likely of the CBs at 10.

Caleb Farley needs back surgery now before the draft, and is expected back for training camp. Seems likely that he'll fall down the drafting board now.

Surtain looks most likely of the CBs at 10.

If Slater or Sewell are available @ 10, take either.
If one of the QBs falls, trade back to 15 and get NE's 2nd.
If CB is key, we can get a NEwscome or Joseph or Molden in the 2nd.

If Slater or Sewell are available @ 10, take either.
If one of the QBs falls, trade back to 15 and get NE's 2nd.
If CB is key, we can get a NEwscome or Joseph or Molden in the 2nd.

If Pitts fall to 10th, he has to be in play as well. I doubt he will but there is bound to be some surprises.

You have the extra 3rd and 4th round picks aswell, maybe you can trade up to get a higher graded player with either of those comp picks.

If Pitts fall to 10th, he has to be in play as well. I doubt he will but there is bound to be some surprises.

You have the extra 3rd and 4th round picks aswell, maybe you can trade up to get a higher graded player with either of those comp picks.

Have a strange feeling Pitts or Chase is going 2 if the Jets keep the pick.
Which if they do, there is no way 3 or 4 QBs go by pick 10, which means someone will be available for a QB hungry team and then you get a few extra picks, and maybe a #1 next year and really rebuild this team.

Have a strange feeling Pitts or Chase is going 2 if the Jets keep the pick.
Which if they do, there is no way 3 or 4 QBs go by pick 10, which means someone will be available for a QB hungry team and then you get a few extra picks, and maybe a #1 next year and really rebuild this team.

Yeah, can definitely see the Cowboys trading down a few places for team wanting a QB, if one falls.
The draft class has great depth at both CB and OT, so there are many ways this could go and be a very good to excellent draft.

Draft day, baby!
What do we think @LeTallecWiz @peekay @Karl Hungus

First draft were 4 QBs can be off the board first, or not a defensive player is taken before 10th. So many different scenarios possible depending on what the 49ers or Falcons do at 3rd and 4th.

My hope, but not likely is that Kyle Pitts falls to 10th. That would be a lot of fun.
The Cowboys will probably go for Surtain or Horn if they are there at 10, and Sewell and Pitts are off the board (which is very likely).

My guess is that the pick is Horn. Thoughts?

All I'm reading is that Horn is gone by 10 - which sucks as we need that kind of player on defense, a pure dawg.

I'd love the following draft
10 - Slater
44 - Kelvin Joseph
75 - jevon holland
99 - marvin wilson

Watch out for:
Ossai (Texas DE), Sewell (he may drop as there will be a run on CBs & WRs imo after the 3 QBs go, and then Pitts will go 4th).

A few players I hope we get late
Derrick Barnes - Purdue LB ... a project but he has that it factor.
Tongo - BYU DT. He's got such great potential.
Shi Smith - SCarolina WR
Shakur Brown - MSU CB ... he could be a good one, a bck up for 1 year and then replaces Anthony BRown.

I'd be very happy if we trade down to 13-15 and get extra picks. the 2nd - 3rd round is where filled with potential starters.

All I'm reading is that Horn is gone by 10 - which sucks as we need that kind of player on defense, a pure dawg.

I'd love the following draft
10 - Slater
44 - Kelvin Joseph
75 - jevon holland
99 - marvin wilson

Watch out for:
Ossai (Texas DE), Sewell (he may drop as there will be a run on CBs & WRs imo after the 3 QBs go, and then Pitts will go 4th).

A few players I hope we get late
Derrick Barnes - Purdue LB ... a project but he has that it factor.
Tongo - BYU DT. He's got such great potential.
Shi Smith - SCarolina WR
Shakur Brown - MSU CB ... he could be a good one, a bck up for 1 year and then replaces Anthony BRown.

I'd be very happy if we trade down to 13-15 and get extra picks. the 2nd - 3rd round is where filled with potential starters.

Yeah, there seems to be some stories that both CBs could be gone by 10. But who knows. The Falcons can go for a QB as well, so will be interesting to see.
I'd love a OT at 10, as there seems to be a loaded class for CBs later in the draft.
The Draft show talked about Derrick Barnes yesterday, and Broaddus loves him.

Yeah, there seems to be some stories that both CBs could be gone by 10. But who knows. The Falcons can go for a QB as well, so will be interesting to see.
I'd love a OT at 10, as there seems to be a loaded class for CBs later in the draft.
The Draft show talked about Derrick Barnes yesterday, and Broaddus loves him.

Matt Ryan is 35 ... ridley, jones (if they don't trade him for a 2 or 3) & pitts? fucking hell, that will be unreal.
Then load up on defense.

Matt Ryan is 35 ... ridley, jones (if they don't trade him for a 2 or 3) & pitts? fucking hell, that will be unreal.
Then load up on defense.

Indeed. I wouldnt be against trading down. If one of the QBs, or two, are there then teams will want to come up and you can get a great deal.
Loads of players you can target in the 15-20 range.

Indeed. I wouldnt be against trading down. If one of the QBs, or two, are there then teams will want to come up and you can get a great deal.
Loads of players you can target in the 15-20 range.

If Fields or Lance is available - so unlikely unless SF 'screws' up - we can get a great slew of pics from Chicago or NE (screw trading iwth Washington)

Draft day, baby!
What do we think @LeTallecWiz @peekay @Karl Hungus

First draft were 4 QBs can be off the board first, or not a defensive player is taken before 10th. So many different scenarios possible depending on what the 49ers or Falcons do at 3rd and 4th.

My hope, but not likely is that Kyle Pitts falls to 10th. That would be a lot of fun.
The Cowboys will probably go for Surtain or Horn if they are there at 10, and Sewell and Pitts are off the board (which is very likely).

My guess is that the pick is Horn. Thoughts?

Steelers are 24 in round 1. Also, as an organization, we generally don't compete for the top-of-the-line promising talent in college football. So I am expecting them to remain at 24 or even trade down. My guess is a running back to replace James Conner (Najee Harris or Devonte Williams, spoken about a lot), or an Offensive Lineman (Creed Humphrey), or a linebacker (to backup Devin Bush). I definitely think we will be covering those three positions through the entire draft.

Last edited:
Steelers are 24 in round 1. Also, as an organization, we generally don't compete for the top-of-the-line promising talent in college football. So I am expecting them to remain at 24 or even trade down. My guess is a running back to replace James Conner (Najee Harris or Devonte Williams, spoken about a lot), or an Offensive Lineman *creed Humphrey), or a linebacker (to backup Devin Bush). I definitely think we will be covering those three positions through the entire draft.

Williams is good but RBs are a wasted 1st round investment in today's game.
If he slips, you guys should take Zaven COllins (LB) ... or Teven Jenkins ...

There's strong rumors today that the Saints are trying to trade up to top 10 (!!!) to get Penei Sewell

Isnt Collins red flagged with some injury issues? Will be interesting to see how far Caleb Farley falls.

There's strong rumors today that the Saints are trying to trade up to top 10 (!!!) to get Penei Sewell

Wow, Sewell is tipped to the Bengals at 5 in most of the Mocks I’ve seen

Isnt Collins red flagged with some injury issues? Will be interesting to see how far Caleb Farley falls.

He put on some weight - but he's not injured as far as i know.
Cowboys love him but not at 10.
Farley will go in the 20s imo - maybe Green Bay?
He's great but that back.

He put on some weight - but he's not injured as far as i know.
Cowboys love him but not at 10.
Farley will go in the 20s imo - maybe Green Bay?
He's great but that back.

Yeah, I dont feel good about any of the LBs or Edge players at 10.

Generally, I would agree with RB in 1st round are not a good investment. But our running game did collapse (well, everything collapsed after game 10) and we lost Conner (who was the best of the lot).

I am not too thrilled about next season anyways. We should have moved on from Big Ben, two years ago but we keep on prolonging the era.
Every other team in the conference appears to have moved on and have the nucleus of a new young team. we seem to be stuck in 2010-2015. At max, the first round of playoffs is what I see. I know Pittsburgh loves stability and is a loyal franchise, which I appreciate. But at this rate, Big Ben will be suiting up to play in 2023 also.

My top 10 (assuming no trades)

Lawrence
Wilson
Sf take either mac or trey lance
Atlanta take trey lance or Kyle Pitts
Cincy take chase
Miami take pitts or waddle
Lions take sewell
Panthers take horn :-(
Broncos take Parsons (or trade to ne)
Cowboys take surtain (I'd rather go with Slater here)

Fields will go top ten.

Can't see Parsons going in the top 10.

I wonder whether we might see Miami and the Falcons swap picks if the Falcons want Lance. It looked like Miami wanted to be in play for Chase or Pitts.

Fields will go top ten.

Can't see Parsons going in the top 10.

I wonder whether we might see Miami and the Falcons swap picks if the Falcons want Lance. It looked like Miami wanted to be in play for Chase or Pitts.

Either 3rd, or someone trading up for him (ne, wash or Chicago), or hell slide.

Fields should be there at seven and the Lions are looking to trade down - Pats, Washington and maybe some others could look to come up (Saints ?). Panthers could take him at 8, especially after trading Teddy. They've been on the QB hunt for a while , so I can't see them taking a corner if Fields is there.

I struggle to believe SF are taking Jones but it seems locked in. I don't get the Wilson pick at 2, or why the Jets have escaped scrutiny on it

Najee Harris to Steelers. He will do well under Tomlin. Broncos did not draft a QB. Maybe they will go all-in on Rodgers.

Back
Top Bottom