• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL offseason, Draft and 2020/2021 season

Tbh, I’d rather be in with a play off shot than tanking the rest of the seaon after 3-9.
I think McClay will be able to find some gems even if we’re not picking in the top 5.
Mad to think that you’ll get Tyron, Jarwin, Collins and Dak back before next season aswell.

Hopefully Washington will have to start their back QB next week, but if not we pick at number 11ish?

McClay had a draft this year, so let's hope it's a repeat.
Getting into NFL draft prospects - the best players are Sunshine, the 3-4 WRs (2 from Bama, Chase really stick out) and the TE from Florida I think (Pitts).
There's very few "high end" defensive players worth a top 10 pick ... so hopefully one of the decent CBs falls or we can trade back and accumulate draft stock.

Can't believe Miami may have a top 4 pick and be a playoff team ... If I were them, I'd package that pick and their 1st rounder and push for Sunshine ... He's a generational talent, and it doesn't seem Tua is good enough.

McClay had a draft this year, so let's hope it's a repeat.
Getting into NFL draft prospects - the best players are Sunshine, the 3-4 WRs (2 from Bama, Chase really stick out) and the TE from Florida I think (Pitts).
There's very few "high end" defensive players worth a top 10 pick ... so hopefully one of the decent CBs falls or we can trade back and accumulate draft stock.

Can't believe Miami may have a top 4 pick and be a playoff team ... If I were them, I'd package that pick and their 1st rounder and push for Sunshine ... He's a generational talent, and it doesn't seem Tua is good enough.

Lawrence will be the new QB for the Jaguars now. This is the latest update from Blogging the Boys. CB at 11th.

11. Dallas Cowboys: Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech
Losing out on Surtain II after another victory over the Eagles, the Cowboys now turn to another cornerback on the board to pair with Trevon Diggs. With the 11th overall pick in this 2021 NFL Mock Draft, the Cowboys land Virginia Tech cornerback Caleb Farley in order to give their secondary a massive and much-needed upgrade.
Perhaps the most athletic cornerback in this year’s draft class, Farley is a converted wide receiver who possesses elite ball skills and great physicality off of the line of scrimmage. We have to wait for the NFL Scouting Combine to see Farley after opting out of the 2020 season, but he will surely give a reminder when he steps into Lucas Oil Stadium. Here he lands with the Cowboys.

Farley would be a good pick ... Would rather one of the 4 QBs falls to 11 and someone gives us picks to trade back for 1st and 2nd (& maybe 3rd), and then we can invest more picks in our defense.
If that fails, as I said happy with Farley pick but as we'll lose Chido for sure this summer, and probably Lewis too.

I'd be happy with that pick as well.

I listen a lot to Jeff Cavanaugh - really like him.
Wish I could listen to 105.3 to catch Broaddus etc ... but have no idea what time those guys are on, or a reliable link (haven't looked much!)
Care to help? :)

Pittsburgh with a top top RB are SB contenders imo. Maybe they'll give us a 1 for Zeke?

Not sure why it hurts to lose this ... we're a bang average team, ripped to shreds by injuries and really needing defensive help.
Don't get why Andy Dalton decided to not play the 1st half.
Don't get why McCarthy didn't challenge the catch which was clearly not a catch.
Don't get why it took us so long to get the offense going, Garrett MK II at OC?
Oh well, we should have 8-10 ... and I can only hope someone jumps up to get one of the two QBs that may still be available and gives us an extra 2 & 3 or 4, so we can just pick defensive players.

Positives - Donovan Wilson is a ball hawk. Will give up plays but he makes more than enough plays to compensate.
Sad way to see Sean Lee's career end this way - he doesn't have it anymore. Hope he's our new LB coach.

Jaylon needs to be cut - and rumors is he will be. With Sean Lee MK II on our team (LvE), we need to build up that (stay away from Parsons, head case).

Not sure why it hurts to lose this ... we're a bang average team, ripped to shreds by injuries and really needing defensive help.
Don't get why Andy Dalton decided to not play the 1st half.
Don't get why McCarthy didn't challenge the catch which was clearly not a catch.
Don't get why it took us so long to get the offense going, Garrett MK II at OC?
Oh well, we should have 8-10 ... and I can only hope someone jumps up to get one of the two QBs that may still be available and gives us an extra 2 & 3 or 4, so we can just pick defensive players.

Positives - Donovan Wilson is a ball hawk. Will give up plays but he makes more than enough plays to compensate.
Sad way to see Sean Lee's career end this way - he doesn't have it anymore. Hope he's our new LB coach.

Jaylon needs to be cut - and rumors is he will be. With Sean Lee MK II on our team (LvE), we need to build up that (stay away from Parsons, head case).

Yeah, I’m not sure why either. Its just a shame about the injuries or we would have walked this division this season. Its been horrible.

The sack on Dalton on the 1-Goal on NYG 7th yard line was also horrendous.
He was so off in the 1st half, weird.
Several positives from the new guys. Lamb, Gallimore and Diggs are studs.
Schultz has stepped up and developed into a good TE.

Is that true about Jaylon? He does my head in. Hopeless.

I listen a lot to Jeff Cavanaugh - really like him.
Wish I could listen to 105.3 to catch Broaddus etc ... but have no idea what time those guys are on, or a reliable link (haven't looked much!)
Care to help? :)

Pittsburgh with a top top RB are SB contenders imo. Maybe they'll give us a 1 for Zeke?

You should download the official Cowboys app and listen to the podcasts there. Broaddus is on the weekly Draft show there along with Helman, Bucky and Jeff Cavanaugh has been on aswell. Its a great listen. From this week I think they are doing two shows a week going into the draft.

You should download the official Cowboys app and listen to the podcasts there. Broaddus is on the weekly Draft show there along with Helman, Bucky and Jeff Cavanaugh has been on aswell. Its a great listen. From this week I think they are doing two shows a week going into the draft.

Broaddus is back on Dallas Cowboys.com?
He's great - really nice guy and knows his shit.

The sack on Dalton was bad, yes ... CeeDee's drop on the 2nd down was worse.

Broaddus is back on Dallas Cowboys.com?
He's great - really nice guy and knows his shit.

The sack on Dalton was bad, yes ... CeeDee's drop on the 2nd down was worse.

Yeah, I listened to it last night. He seems to be back on the Draft show. :)

Agreed. I see Giants fans and players are furious after that Philly show last night. That QB change...

6 playoff games on all weekend, tell me this is not a wonderful time to be alive and be in America! ;):)

Or at least have access to a way to watch them all.

So not interested ... B/c I'm +7 on EST, I only watch games if the 'Boys are playing.

Watched some film this weekend on some potential targets - LB at Tulsa looks like the best LB prospect with Nick Bolton.

So not interested ... B/c I'm +7 on EST, I only watch games if the 'Boys are playing.

Watched some film this weekend on some potential targets - LB at Tulsa looks like the best LB prospect with Nick Bolton.

Yeah, I get that for sure, and football games can really drag on and on as well.

And scouting potential draft targets, what dedication! I've long given up trying to figure out which specific players I'd like us to get, or think we need or would do well for us.

As long as we are drafting to our needs, then I'm happy. Like this year, we better draft a defensive player of some sort in the first round. Ideally a secondary player, but anybody who plays defense will work.

And in this day and age in the NFL, we better be getting at least 1 WR/TE every year in the 3-5 rounds of the draft, can never have enough pass catchers.

Some great games this weekend. Enjoyed that Browns win last night. Sorry Oncy.

Nolan finally got fired, but the two first DC we have interviewed doesnt fill me with much confidence. The first coming from Atlanta, which was the only defense worse than us. Dont like this McCarthy habit of going back to people he has worked with when, and not looking outside the box. We need something else.
Lets hope he sees that from the rest of the interviews.

Some great games this weekend. Enjoyed that Browns win last night. Sorry Oncy.

Nolan finally got fired, but the two first DC we have interviewed doesnt fill me with much confidence. The first coming from Atlanta, which was the only defense worse than us. Dont like this McCarthy habit of going back to people he has worked with when, and not looking outside the box. We need something else.
Lets hope he sees that from the rest of the interviews.

We either need a DC who will instantly get respect (Marvin Lewis, Dan Quinn etc) or some young up n' coming college guy who's already figuring out how to neutralize the spread offense ...

We either need a DC who will instantly get respect (Marvin Lewis, Dan Quinn etc) or some young up n' coming college guy who's already figuring out how to neutralize the spread offense ...

Dan Quinn hired. Hopefully that will work out.

Awful performance tonight from rodgers, first half from Brady was great, then he went shit

Its amazing, after the Super Bowl, Tom Brady will have started in 18.1% (10) of all Super Bowls played.

No other quarterback has been to more than 5, and no player from any other position has been to any more than 7.

All time post season passing yards:

1) Brady 12, 248
2) P. Manning 7, 339

5) Rothlessburger 5, 757

All time post season passing touchdowns:

1) Brady 80
2) Montana 45
Rodgers 45

Talk about domination, absolutely incredible. And it makes me good knowing that he is older than I am, and still playing so well.

I have nothing against Mahomes or the Chiefs, but I will be pulling for Brady.

Back
Top Bottom