• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL Regular Season Thread 2010

They really dont deserve anything here. I hope we can hold it to 3

Good drive, fair play. Glad we didnt give up a TD.

Second half is going to be a different game.

The first superbowl i remember was the Marcus Allen final 1984. I had been bought a Steelers jumper by my Aunt and Uncle who had visited America (that Uncle sadly died tonight, i wasnt close to him anymore but i always think of them as they were the ones who got me the jumper and incidentally my first ever Liverpool kit) so i supported them.
But lets face it they were shit. I had to watch San Francisco, Dallas, Denver and New England be the dominant forces and we were the team who make the playoffs every year and then go no further.
But i cant deny ive been spoilt since 2006. I just cant believe it. Im so happy just to be there or there abouts each year.

Hopefully we can hold onto this lead and go all the way.

Let's not beat about the bush Andy, the roar is being restored and through some complex mathematics long before Ryan's percentageometer and such gimmicks, I calculated the Lions win the Super Bowl in 2014.

So I offer you the chance to jump on my bandwagon now, before everyone else does in a couple of years.

You know it makes sense ;)

Although I never quite got this "Restore the Roar" thing... that indicates there used to be something to roar about in the past?

Amazing from the Jets second half.

They are doing to us exactly what we did to Baltimore.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=41376.msg1260316#msg1260316 date=1295828912]
Pouncey could be a big loss though, he's been fantastic.

[/quote]You were very very right.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=41376.msg1260357#msg1260357 date=1295836669]
Getting worried yet?
[/quote]Shitting it.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=41376.msg1260363#msg1260363 date=1295837062]
A first down will do it...
[/quote]Yeah BUT RUN THE BALL FFS.

Its got a bit of Jets destiny on it this.

Holmes on a Hail Mary..

:'(

Phew.

That was mental.

We sooooo nearly threw that away.

Thank you antonio.

And than you Cromartie for your mouth.

PHEW x 10000000000

Off we go to the big dance.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=41376.msg1260370#msg1260370 date=1295837363]
Congrats Andrew.

Steelers will be slight favourites I guess but it should be a great game.
[/quote]Cheers mate. Its been an emotional night. About halfway through my laptop packed up under some malware attack that i wasnt protected from so i had to spend dollars on updating my antivirus to keep watching so its all been a bit mental.

Fuck me that was amazing.

Big Ben was great tonight. He just MANAGED shit.

I enjoyed the Steelers game last night, Mendenhall is a bit of a beast isn't he ? Every time he got hit he stayed on his feet and got more yards. Early in the 2nd quarter they flashed up a stat that he had carried for 50 yards, 43 after contact.

Fair play to Sanchez too, I thought he'd fall apart after the fumble at the end of the half but he came back and got the offense moving. He looked hurt after it and I can only imagine the Steelers defense couldn't wait to line him up again.

I thought Green Bay and Pittsburgh had more in the locker if really needed.
Can't believe how laid back both teams were but it should be a great Superbowl though.
Packers for me and Aaron Rodgers M.V.P.
Will be a tight game though.

A_Cromartie31 Antonio Cromartie
@Hasselbeck hey Matt if u have something to then say it be a man about it. Don't erase it. I will smash ur face in.

Ha ha ha!

I hope his daughter makes a full recovery.

After David Akers missed two kicks in the Philadelphia Eagles' playoff loss to the Green Bay Packers earlier this month, safety Quintin Mikell said his teammate was distracted by an off-field issue.

His agent, Jerrold Colton, said it was a "private family health concern". Akers had been silent on the issue but told The Philadelphia Inquirer in a story that appeared in Sunday's editions that his 6-year-old daughter Halley had a malignant cyst in her left ovary that was removed in the week after the game.

"They used the word tumor or cyst or growth," Akers told the newspaper. "And you're like, 'OK, what does that mean?' Cancer is what that means."

Akers' wife, Erika, told the newspaper that she could tell from her seat in the stands at Lincoln Financial Field that her husband's mind wasn't solely on the game against the Packers.

"I could tell he was there doing his job," she told the newspaper. "But he wasn't there."

Akers missed field goals of 41 and 34 yards in the Eagles' 21-16 loss to the Packers.

According to early tests, doctors believe they removed all of the malignant tumor. Halley has to get blood tests each month for the rest of the year and then more tests periodically. Even is she remains cancer-free she likely will also eventually have to have her right ovary removed.

"I think a lot of it is the unknown for us, and still not knowing, still kind of holding on," Akers told the newspaper. "You just don't think this is going to happen to your kid."

Akers, who will be the NFC's kicker in Sunday's Pro Bowl, will be a free agent this offseason.

Back
Top Bottom