1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Nike Sources part II

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by JurgenKlopp, Sep 23, 2019.

1. FoxForceFive

FoxForceFive Administrator Administrator

I bet it's cos we've insisted on keeping in house designs on some lfc branded sportswear & casualwear completely excluded from this deal.

Apparently the club were extremely keen to keep that as it has a massive profit margin & has made them a shitload of cash, no other big PL club can do it themselves without paying a percentage to the shirt sponsor apparently, but warrior/new balance didn't insist on it for their deal.

2. momoWASboss

momoWASboss Well-Known Member

A mate of mine was asked to a design input meeting with the club and was asked as a fan why wouldn’t he buy merchandise. The answer was it’s all hugely overbearing logos and shit. Simple tops with (old style) Ralph Lauren sized logos would look well better.

Now they are being for discreet with the size of the liver bird on their merchandise.

3. manwithnoname

manwithnoname Bravo old man. Bravo. Member

If you're an actual adult wearing LFC-branded merchandise out and about, you're a fucking meff, I don't care how small the fucking logo is.

tommyboy, peekay, jan and 4 others like this.
  4. momoWASboss

momoWASboss Well-Known Member

I cannot disagree with that but they are better than every design looking like a life sized version of the liver birds.

5. darkstarexodus

darkstarexodus Well-Known Member

Total agreement.
    I don't even wear any merch to the pub to watch the match, which is a pretty standard part of North American supporter culture. I'm past puberty and therefore it is no longer acceptable.

6. hmmmmm1

hmmmmm1 Very Active Member

There has been stock issues with the goalkeepers top ( junior), in the uk. Pathetic really given the demand.

7. reuque

reuque MALAYSIA REPRESENT Member

As things stand, they'll be receiving a massive reduction to that amount if they end the season out of the CL.

8. Insignificance

Insignificance Bad to the bone Member

Thats apparently why Juve changed their kit. Noone wanted to be in the pub in a NHL referee top.

tommyboy likes this.
  9. manwithnoname

manwithnoname Bravo old man. Bravo. Member

Wow, one of the most iconic kits in the world. Changed just like that

10. Insignificance

Insignificance Bad to the bone Member

Disgrace.

11. Raz

Raz Very Active Member

Yup, stopped wearing them years ago. But some family members continue to buy them for me as Xmas pressies etc, I have a collection of them in wardrobe with labels still attached.

12. Markeh

Markeh Very Well-Known Member

I wore the old Adidas training tracksuit top out for the cl final, I've owned it about 12 years and never really worn it. I am a meff.

Dee, momoWASboss and juniormember like this.
  13. Brizzle

Brizzle Very Well-Known Member

i have about 6 pairs of LFC shorts that I use for the gym / running.

Markeh likes this.
  14. Farkmaster

Farkmaster Very Well-Known Member

I'd love to know what Juve sells in the US, because I've probably seen 5 juve shirts in my lifetime stateside.

I know US shirt sales are significant in general, but nothing huge. I'd imagine Juve were always going to do this when they embarked upon a full rebrand, I tend to doubt that US tastes in particular were a massive factor.

15. Hyena

Hyena Well-Known Member

The rebrand is pretty good. Looks fresh but you can still tell its Juve.

Just need to line five players up next to each other and it'll be a classic B&W kit again.

16. reuque

reuque MALAYSIA REPRESENT Member

Had a brain fart and forgot to include the link https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/09/manchester-united-adidas-deal-includes-reduction.html

Also from the same site saying that Nike already decided our away kit for next season will be green and third kit dark gray. Makes sense as production and marketing plans are in motion before the season hits halfway mark.

17. FoxForceFive

FoxForceFive Administrator Administrator

A lot of people are now wearing the smaller third party clobber, transalpino being the most well known, but hatscarforabadge, terraceultra & a few others being increasingly popular.

They thrive on usually (there's exceptions) being much more subtle than the type of merchandise the club sell, almost obscure, that only reds would recognise as being related to the club at all, the first that spring to mind is a cap I saw with the Mahou (very popular Madrid beer) logo on next to a very stylised European Cup with 19 in the middle.

18. Hansern

Hansern Part of the Furniture Member

70 mill havent been confirmed anywhere yet, so I wouldnt be surprised to see the fee beating Utds deal when everything is signed and sealed.

19. RedNinja

RedNinja Not a Bot.... Administrator

I have loads of lfc tops.. never wear them, except some rareish lfc branded with small red logo white tank top.. loved it, picked it up from lfc store in the clearance isle.. Always wore it when in the gym.. perfect for it..

Took it to Amsterdam with me a few years back.. you know to wear in bed, I was staying in the youth hostel whilst on my brother's in law stag do..

No one else was suppose to be able to enter our room, we only had a key for it.. some twat stole it..

A day later a bar up the road, where they where selling bottles of Grolsch for €3.50 and you could smoke doobies freely.. Some krusty rasta cunt walked into the bar wearing it.. I knew it was mine as it had the same stitching snag on it, in the same place.. Twat..

Brother in law and his mates where pissing themselves laughing at me, I was having a good moan about it all day prior and because of the state of the cunt wearing it... They where trying to egg me on to confront him.. I was having none of it.. Besides I was rather stoned and pissed...

You are hardly going to go over and make a tit of yourself in the bar trying to get a shirt of some krusty cunts back are you???

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  20. Athens

Athens Greatest Bloke Ever [Citation Needed] Member

I like to wear the full kit while watching the matches on the telly. Then when the match is over I go outside, get a ball and recreate the goals.

tommyboy, iseered, Squiggles and 12 others like this.