• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Nike Sources part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're an actual adult wearing LFC-branded merchandise out and about, you're a fucking meff, I don't care how small the fucking logo is.

Yup, stopped wearing them years ago. But some family members continue to buy them for me as Xmas pressies etc, I have a collection of them in wardrobe with labels still attached.

I'd love to know what Juve sells in the US, because I've probably seen 5 juve shirts in my lifetime stateside.

I know US shirt sales are significant in general, but nothing huge. I'd imagine Juve were always going to do this when they embarked upon a full rebrand, I tend to doubt that US tastes in particular were a massive factor.

The rebrand is pretty good. Looks fresh but you can still tell its Juve.

Just need to line five players up next to each other and it'll be a classic B&W kit again.

As things stand, they'll be receiving a massive reduction to that amount if they end the season out of the CL.

Had a brain fart and forgot to include the link https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/09/manchester-united-adidas-deal-includes-reduction.html

Also from the same site saying that Nike already decided our away kit for next season will be green and third kit dark gray. Makes sense as production and marketing plans are in motion before the season hits halfway mark.

A lot of people are now wearing the smaller third party clobber, transalpino being the most well known, but hatscarforabadge, terraceultra & a few others being increasingly popular.

They thrive on usually (there's exceptions) being much more subtle than the type of merchandise the club sell, almost obscure, that only reds would recognise as being related to the club at all, the first that spring to mind is a cap I saw with the Mahou (very popular Madrid beer) logo on next to a very stylised European Cup with 19 in the middle.

£70m is still less than that midtable team that plays 30 miles away

70 mill havent been confirmed anywhere yet, so I wouldnt be surprised to see the fee beating Utds deal when everything is signed and sealed.

If you're an actual adult wearing LFC-branded merchandise out and about, you're a fucking meff, I don't care how small the fucking logo is.

I have loads of lfc tops.. never wear them, except some rareish lfc branded with small red logo white tank top.. loved it, picked it up from lfc store in the clearance isle.. Always wore it when in the gym.. perfect for it..

Took it to Amsterdam with me a few years back.. you know to wear in bed, I was staying in the youth hostel whilst on my brother's in law stag do..

No one else was suppose to be able to enter our room, we only had a key for it.. some twat stole it..

A day later a bar up the road, where they where selling bottles of Grolsch for €3.50 and you could smoke doobies freely.. Some krusty rasta cunt walked into the bar wearing it.. I knew it was mine as it had the same stitching snag on it, in the same place.. Twat..

Brother in law and his mates where pissing themselves laughing at me, I was having a good moan about it all day prior and because of the state of the cunt wearing it... They where trying to egg me on to confront him.. I was having none of it.. Besides I was rather stoned and pissed...

You are hardly going to go over and make a tit of yourself in the bar trying to get a shirt of some krusty cunts back are you???

Last edited:
When I still played football (5 a side with work colleagues) I wore a full strip but they are pretty shit to run / gym in so haven't bothered for ages.

However, almost all my gym stuff is Nike and most of my running stuff so the switch may turn me into a meff - whatever the fuck one of them is

Oh and as an aside. i have the odd tattoo and recently had a new one. During the banter with the tattoo guy he mentioned one of his biggest cover-up demand is for football club logos, especially LFC. He showed me several he'd re-worked in the last 6 months. Bearing in mind I live in sleepy south wales I was quite surprised to see one was a hartlepool crest!

I have loads of lfc tops.. never wear them, except some rareish lfc branded with small red logo white tank top.. loved it, picked it up from lfc store in the clearance isle.. Always wore it when in the gym.. perfect for it..

Took it to Amsterdam with me a few years back.. you know to wear in bed, I was staying in the youth hostel whilst on my brother's in law stag do..

No one else was suppose to be able to enter our room, we only had a key for it.. some twat stole it..

A day later a bar up the road, where they where selling bottles of Grolsch for €3.50 and you could smoke doobies freely.. Some krusty rasta cunt walked into the bar wearing it.. I knew it was mine as it had the same stitching snag on it, in the same place.. Twat..

Brother in law and his mates where pissing themselves laughing at me, I was having a good moan about it all day prior and because of the state of the cunt wearing it... They where trying to egg me on to confront him.. I was having none of it.. Besides I was rather stoned and pissed...

You are hardly going to go over and make a tit of yourself in the bar trying to get a shirt of some krusty cunts back are you???
Wtf?

I’d have bartered him and taken it back. I did that with a jacket in Uni.

I have loads of merch but as gifts. I do wear the kits to training a lot.

I did have a nice top when I was in my late teens / early twenties with just a tiny liver bird on it.

I like to wear the full kit while watching the matches on the telly. Then when the match is over I go outside, get a ball and recreate the goals.

What if it’s 0-0.

Do you just go outside and contemplate misses in full kit?

Wtf?

I’d have bartered him and taken it back. I did that with a jacket in Uni.
I would have sparked him I was that intoxicated.. I did well to restrain myself from being egged on (probably counter acted my anger with the weed).. that would have got us barred.. It was the cheapest place we found for beer in Amsterdam, half the group where skint by that point

I was given an 98/99 home shirt when I left my job in Edge Lane to move over here ... I was already way too old for a shirt, but they made matters worse by including shorts & socks. Luckily I could change them at the club shop for a polo shirt with small crest, but i kept the shirt. Its now covered in paint, and still comes in useful whenever I have decorating to do.

The material in that shirt is really bad, uncomfortable, scratchy nylon, not like the shirts my lad now wears; he's 19 so I've told him he's getting a bit old for them. So far, his one concession is that he no longer gets a name on the back

I must be a massive meff, I’ve got last seasons home kit, this seasons home kit, the champions of Europe one and the GK kit. My mate got me the champions of Europe one on a blag though. I wear them to play football or go gym in. I’ve got an old pair of warrior home socks that I use for football sometimes.

I dont understand why New Balance went to Court? What are the court going to do? Are they going to force Liverpool to take a deal? Surely thats impossible, at the end of the day its up to Liverpool. Even if the courts force Liverpool to consider New Balance deal surely its up to Liverpool to make the final decsion. Liverpool should have just pretended to give New Balance the opportunity to present their deal and then just rejected it and gone with Nike. Probably was a bit silly of them to dismiss New Balance so quickly but I guess they were probably press-ganged it making a quick decision by Nike. Admittedly I don't understand the minor details but this is what it looks like to me.

I think they went to court because the current contract stipulates that they are allowed to know the details of the highest bid so they can at least match it.

Boston is not that big. They should have been able to sort this out over a Beer at Cheers. Americans dont beat Liverpool in her royal Court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom