• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Nikica Jelavic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a smidgen

The lads the opposite of kuyt in terms of touch.

1 touch -goal

Or

1 touch - tackle
1232903709_samuel%20l%20jackson%20-%20bad%20ass%20mofo.gif

this thread should tell us that if even the most seasoned of posters get it wrong! I felt really sorry for kenny, he bought players who were at the time, peak of their form. I remember the posts on Adam, applauding this players ability , how he could finally replace Alonso (we still begging for the return of Alonso).

He got players we all thought would take us to the next level. And these players have let him down. Comolli fucked up big time on the fee's I admit.

Didn't Kenny want to bring in Jelavic in January but was vetoed by Comoli?

Not sure, but in his Mirror column he had him listed as one of the 'five stars this summer', so he obviously rated him.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=47839.msg1443813#msg1443813 date=1323943315]
He looks quite good to me, especially for that sort of money. Whether he is good enough to step up to the PL and Liverpool is another matter. I'd rather someone else take the risk first.

Phil Thompson once said that about Cristiano Ronaldo.. Look what happened..

Charlie Adam is also a prime example of a player from lower leagues, being able to step upto the plate..

Suarez is arguably another..

Worth the punt if you ask me.. a good possibility he could do well surrounded by better players.. If he knows where the goal is, that's all that matters...[/quote]
I bet you look smug now!

http://www.rangers.co.uk/staticFiles/fe/a8/0,,5~174334,00.pdf

And it was revealed by the Rangers administrators that he cost only £2.5m upfront.

5.20 In order to generate funds in January 2012 Nikica Jelavic was sold to Everton FC for £5m plus
VAT, of which approximately half was received into the main bank account on 2 February 2012
and the balance was deferred in three equal instalments due in May 2012, 2013 and 2014.

Good finisher and decent in the air, but i don't think he's good enough for a team aspiring to make the Champions League.

For an Everton or Newcastle he's more than good enough though.

Someone had to have hacked my account and put this up, oh dear :(

How wrong was i. Jelavic is fucking quality. Reminds me a bit of Van Horseface in his prime, not the silkiest of players outside the box but when it comes to finishing, ruthless to say the least.

"I wonder if he's a late bloomer Holle. His chance conversion rate for Rangers has been absolutely excellent. Rangers have been the anti-Liverpool this season- creating relatively few chances, but taking them. His goals have been a mixture of proper poacher's efforts, and some truly spectacular finishes. He reminds me a bit of Berbatov type player, he's clever, as well as being pretty clinical."

I started off like this, but whenever he started putting in no effort for Rangers I went off him.

He has impressed me as well, but I'm still not convinved he'd be a step in the right direction for us. As a back-up perhaps but nothing else.

He has impressed me as well, but I'm still not convinved he'd be a step in the right direction for us. As a back-up perhaps but nothing else.

Ok, serious question, would you rather we signed Jelavic or Bendtner ?

Is this a trick question?
He tricked me alright!

I seriously can't quite fathom that posters can't see Bendtner's a very decent type of footballer, that he's got good allround ability. Lacks in a few areas but he's still young and with a bit more coolness and to be honest at times a bit more selfishness he could end up a rather good prem forward.

Anyways Jelavic has scored loads of goals in Scotland and Austria and now impressive 8 in 13 outings for Everton.

Not for Croatia mind (3 in 20 according to wiki) and I'm yet to be convinved that he'll continue the scoring spree next Season where opponents will actually know he's quite decent.

Bendtner, apart from being two years younger has in comparison scored 18 in 48 for Denmark.

I know I'll lose this argument on here, but I was asked and I replied accordingly.

*jogs off*

No, I wanted to see how deep he went with this patriotism.

Pretty fucking deep.

Your case of arguing that Jelavic is a better forward than Bendtner is, at best, pretty slim.

And quite telling of the fickleness you'll meet when arguing footy. Apart from scoring in Scotland and Austria Jelavic has had a very impressive half Season with Everton.

Bendtner scored 9 goals (5 in ChL) and created 6 assists in a run of 14 games for Arsenal back when they were knocked out of the Champions League against Barca. When he was 22.

Yeah he's not quite build on that in recent years but he's still a very talented forward and I'd understand if Rodgers are looking at him as a type as he can hold up the ball very well and is quite clever on the ball too.

Your case of arguing that Jelavic is a better forward than Bendtner is, at best, pretty slim.

And quite telling of the fickleness you'll meet when arguing footy. Apart from scoring in Scotland and Austria Jelavic has had a very impressive half Season with Everton.

Bendtner scored 9 goals (5 in ChL) and created 6 assists in a run of 14 games for Arsenal back when they were knocked out of the Champions League against Barca. When he was 22.

Yeah he's not quite build on that in recent years but he's still a very talented forward and I'd understand if Rodgers are looking at him as a type as he can hold up the ball very well and is quite clever on the ball too.

Bendtner is poo.

Heskey was pretty decent when he was young.

Hey, I'm just having a bit of fun with you, but you're tripping if you think Bendtner would be a better purchase (especially for us) than Jelavic.

No, I wanted to see how deep he went with this patriotism.

Pretty fucking deep.
He'd argue Piechnik was better than Henchoz. Wouldn't you, KHL?

I still remember your 'Ironmaaaaaaaan' thread about Poulsen.

He'd argue Piechnik was better than Henchoz. Wouldn't you, KHL?

I still remember your 'Ironmaaaaaaaan' thread about Poulsen.
I've luckily forgot.

Piechnik was very poor. Had a good Euro 92 though.

I rate Jelavic better than Bendtner on the little I've seen on him. He has more about him and has the ability to make goals out of nothing. Bendtner found his level and won't make it in a top team. I'd be gutted if we're aiming that low. Might as well get Heskey back then.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom