• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Norwich enquire about Shelvey

Status
Not open for further replies.
he has a great attitude you fucking bellends, sometimes he's great, sometimes he's shite, he hasn't really shown any sign of picking up his consistancy so, although I do like him, I think we should sell, 8mills a great price for somebody that hasn't really proven himself with a bigger club.

he has a great attitude you fucking bellends, sometimes he's great, sometimes he's shite, he hasn't really shown any sign of picking up his consistancy so, although I do like him, I think we should sell, 8mills a great price for somebody that hasn't really proven himself with a bigger club.
Exactly

Putting aside the prejudice against him: he's been captain of England at under-16, under-17s and under-19s, he's now a regular for England under-21s as well as having been capped at senior level, he's played for Liverpool in some big games both domestically and in Europe and won praise from some experienced managers and coaches (and Trappatoni tried to get him to play for Ireland's senior team). All of this and he's still only 21. That's hardly a record that makes him worthy of so much derision and contempt, and it certainly makes him someone who ought to command a decent transfer fee.

Putting aside the prejudice against him: he's been captain of England at under-16, under-17s and under-19s, he's now a regular for England under-21s as well as having been capped at senior level, he's played for Liverpool in some big games both domestically and in Europe and won praise from some experienced managers and coaches (and Trappatoni tried to get him to play for Ireland's senior team). All of this and he's still only 21. That's hardly a record that makes him worthy of so much derision and contempt, and it certainly makes him someone who ought to command a decent transfer fee.

Absolutely, he seems to be written off by many when he has every one of the raw materials to be a good midfielder, including being a bit of a beast, and he has significant potential. I think we should be able to afford to wait on seeing how he develops whether its with us, or on loan, and he'll still command around 8M next year. The risk is nowhere near as much as the reward if he shows more consistency, even if it's just us turning a larger profit. He's clearly capable of real quality from time to time.

I think I'd give him another year. He hasn't been great, but he's young and has a lot of quality attributes.

Although £8 million is a lot....

I agree. Yes, he's had a disappointing season, and he's still very much the raw talent, but he's surely worth another season, especially as he's pretty versatile and still eager to work and learn.

If he'd proven himself at a "big club" we wouldn't be selling him.

8M is a good fee for Shelvey but then so it should be. I've seen players with less potential being sold for similar amounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom