• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

norwich thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

spider-Neil

Well-Known
post them here please.
didn't see the game but by all accounts we were outstanding for the first 20 mins but didn't finish our chances.

[quote author=DHSC link=topic=47260.msg1415308#msg1415308 date=1319310532]
Norwich thought: We fucking sucked.
[/quote]

listening to the game it sounded like we were profligate rather than shit.

The subs were awful. Take off our wingers and bringing Carroll on.
We try to hard.
Our finishing is shite at the moment.
Our defence is all over the place, and desperatly lack a dominant leader. A new Hyypia.
Reina really fucked up at the cross for the goal, and we dont look like keeping a clean sheet to save our lives.

We should have scored 5-6 goals, and Im so frustrated Im fuming at dropping points again.

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=47260.msg1415313#msg1415313 date=1319310973]
The subs were awful. Take off our wingers and bringing Carroll on.
We try to hard.
Our finishing is shite at the moment.
Our defence is all over the place, and desperatly lack a dominant leader. A new Hyypia.
Reina really fucked up at the cross for the goal, and we dont look like keeping a clean sheet to save our lives.

We should have scored 5-6 goals, and Im so frustrated Im fuming at dropping points again.
[/quote]

thanks for summing up hansern :)

Hmmmmm, we had loads of good chances, hit the bar , hit the post cleared off the line. We should have won easily.
Bellamy was MOM.Pace, aggression tracking back, goal threat. So he is the first one to go off, for someone else who looks completely out of place on the right. The crowd incredulous. So Downing now switches to his favoured left side , where he ends up equally as infective there as he had been all match on the right. So Carroll comes on for Downing, so at this point we have subbed both our wide players and have Carroll on, with Dirk apparently on the left.
We then bring on a centre back for Dirk....brilliant. All we needed to do was bring on Carroll for Dirk after they equalised and leave everything else as it was. If this had been Hodgson (or Rafa) the screams would have been deafening, and quite rightly.
I really am pretty frustrated at the moment.

regards

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=47260.msg1415322#msg1415322 date=1319311501]
Hmmmmm, we had loads of good chances, hit the bar , hit the post cleared off the line. We should have won easily.
Bellamy was MOM.Pace, aggression tracking back, goal threat. So he is the first one to go off, for someone else who looks completely out of place on the right. The crowd incredulous. So Downing now switches to his favoured left side , where he ends up equally as infective there as he had been all match on the right. So Carroll comes on for Downing, so at this point we have subbed both our wide players and have Carroll on, with Dirk apparently on the left.
We then bring on a centre back for Dirk....brilliant. All we needed to do was bring on Carroll for Dirk after they equalised and leave everything else as it was. If this had been Hodgson (or Rafa) the screams would have been deafening, and quite rightly.
I really am pretty frustrated at the moment.

regards
[/quote]You and me both. Rafa used to make decisions because he thought he was smarter than everone else. Today reminded me of that. We got ONE decent cross in to Carroll in the 94th minute and almost won the game. Fucking stupid to have no wingers.

[quote author=Shadey link=topic=47260.msg1415330#msg1415330 date=1319311869]
I wonder what the owners tought?
[/quote]Who the fuck are Norwich.

Yeah, the subs were mind boggeling. Carroll should have started instead of Kuyt but thats another story.

I've defended him on here after a decent enough start to his Anfield career imo, but Downing today gave more credence to every poster bemoaning him as an overpriced average winger. He was predictable and devoid of invention, pace and any penetration. Not good enough today against fullbacks there for the taking.

Suarez worked his socks off again and as usual created merry havoc for their defence. BUT invariably his wonderful play leads to nothing due to his (current) lack of a finish or bad decision making.

Gerrard needs games.

Kuyt needs benching (again) Woefully ineffective. HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO TRAP A BALL?

Adam played well enough on/off the ball but as a pairing, him and Gerrard played as if forming a sitting 2 with an advanced midfielder in front of them. We were just to deep again.

Why does Kenny suddenly not trust Carroll? Since his goal against Everton he's hardly had a sniff. With Kuyt appalling today why did Kenny wait until 15 mins to go to get him on?

Pepe had a shocker with the goal.

That all said, on another day we would have won convincingly. That save at the end was top drawer and Carroll was unlucky with the header (and shove).

Actually thought Downing had a decent game on the right and created a far share of chances. We looked well balanced with Downing and Bellamy on the wings. Shame we didnt have Carroll in there.

Re: Re: norwich thoughts

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=47260.msg1415347#msg1415347 date=1319312446]
Actually thought Downing had a decent game on the right and created a far share of chances. We looked well balanced with Downing and Bellamy on the wings. Shame we didnt have Carroll in there.
[/quote]

Me and you both

[/quote]Downing is pointless without Carroll in the team. Ball after ball sailed over Suarez and Bellamys heads.

I thought we bought Downing because he was a great crosser of the ball and we had Carroll a devastating header of the ball?
I thought we bought him so that his style would work with Maxi a more direct burst into the box type of player?

but then what the fuck do I know.

Since Carroll has come here I bet you could count the decent balls into him on one fucking hand.

[/quote]

Thought he had a good spell at the start of the second half whipping in a few crosses but aside from that i thought he was very poor once again.

Saw lots of the ball but gave it away by making the wrong decision. Was woeful in front of goal.

His performance reminded me very much of Pennant's when he played for us. So much of the ball but so often failed to do anything productive with it.

He is definetly trying to hard and he seems desperate for his first goal. Once he gets that out of the way his shoulders will drop and he'll pick up from there. But at the moment he lacks a bit of confidece.

Not keeping a clean sheet for the last 6 home games is a worry though.

[quote author=Red Mullet link=topic=47260.msg1415383#msg1415383 date=1319315151]
We were unlucky. Hit the woodwork 3 times.
[/quote]this !

[quote author=Red Mullet link=topic=47260.msg1415383#msg1415383 date=1319315151]
[/quote]It isnt bad luck.
The goal is the same size it always is. Hitting the post is a miss. We keep missing the target. That isnt luck.

If only Suarez wouldn't have built his house on some ancient tribe's graveyard then maybe they wouldn't curse the cunt with almost being the best striker on Earth but actually being as useful as Robbie Keane.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=47260.msg1415389#msg1415389 date=1319315375]
The goal is the same size it always is. Hitting the post is a miss. We keep missing the target. That isnt luck.
[/quote]

So Bellamy placed the ball on their defender for it to go in? Amazing piece of skill that, or as I call it, a bit of good luck for it to deflect into the net rather than away.

[quote author=Woland link=topic=47260.msg1415392#msg1415392 date=1319315575]
If only Suarez wouldn't have built his house on some ancient tribe's graveyard then maybe they wouldn't curse the cunt with almost being the best striker on Earth but actually being as useful as Robbie Keane.
[/quote] :laugh: poor robbie

[quote author=Red Mullet link=topic=47260.msg1415394#msg1415394 date=1319315652]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=47260.msg1415389#msg1415389 date=1319315375]
[/quote]

So Bellamy placed the ball on their defender for it to go in? Amazing piece of skill that, or as I call it, a bit of good luck for it to deflect into the net rather than away.
[/quote]Im sorry youve lost me. You are saying we are UNlucky because Bellamys strike was deflected in?

*walks off*

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=47260.msg1415397#msg1415397 date=1319315735]
[quote author=Red Mullet link=topic=47260.msg1415394#msg1415394 date=1319315652]
[/quote]

[/quote]Im sorry youve lost me. You are saying we are UNlucky because Bellamys strike was deflected in?

*walks off*
[/quote]

No I'm saying it's good luck Bellamys shot was deflected in but bad luck that we hit the woodwork 3 times.

How bad was Carroll's header? I've only seen it the once but thought it looked harder to miss.

[quote author=Woland link=topic=47260.msg1415399#msg1415399 date=1319315875]
How bad was Carroll's header? I've only seen it the once but thought it looked harder to miss.
[/quote]It wasnt an easy chance mate. Should have scored really though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom