• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Nunez ... The Enigma

Status
Not open for further replies.

After a generally frustrating performance against Man City there's was lots to like here. His pressing was more effective, the header was perfect, I liked how he took the ball over the top chance early. The stupid effort from the wide angle was the only annoyance today but he should be pleased with himself. We still need to figure out how to create chances for both him and Salah, because it looks like we're having to choose at the minute.

The lads got it all.

Unless Klopp suddenly wakes up 1 day with a vendetta or Nunez wakes up 1 day with 1 leg, I don't see how he doesn't flourish in this side over the next 4-5 years.

The movement is second to none, physically strong, good pace once he gets going. Heads a ball pretty well and accurately and can use both feet as we saw last night.

Think he's the same as Salah in a sense. Give him enough chances, he'll score. The good thing is he's making runs in the right way. Hopefully it will click

At the moment those of you who are saying he is missing chances, I have a problem in that those chances are being created through his own endeavour not because the team have done anything special for him. Where he has been given good assists he has scored, and that's all you can demand of him.

I still have very little faith in this team because of our stupidity and arrogance of not signing midfielders of a certain type this summer. But Darwin makes me want to watch the team and is fucking blockbuster material, his unpredictable movement in games with running, power, shooting is something that brings our game alive.

I like Nunez & think he will be great for LFC. But I am worried that the site loons seem to be saying the same thing ...
Yep, the site loons who were never really worried about him saying he will take half a season to a season to come good. The site loons who were saying we need a MF all summer
Right now we're saying Trent is our biggest concern

Yep, the site loons who were never really worried about him saying he will take half a season to a season to come good. The site loons who were saying we need a MF all summer
Right now we're saying Trent is our biggest concern
So does this mean you are you putting your hand up as a 'site loon' then?

Oops fact check - Still fast though. Fastest this season!

No, Darwin Nunez isn’t the fastest player in Premier League history

Despite click-hungry Twitter accounts and tabloids reporting the contrary, Darwin Nunez is, in fact, not the fastest player in Premier League history.
Nunez produced an outstanding performance against West Ham on Wednesday night, with it something of a coming of age for the No. 27 at Anfield?

The Uruguayan headed in his first home goal for the club to seal a 1-0 victory, and only the woodwork and a series of fine saves from Lukasz Fabianski kept him from scoring more.
During the Amazon Prime broadcast, commentator Ian Darke mentioned that Nunez had clocked the fastest sprint speed of any player in this season’s Premier League, which then took on a life of its own.
Soon, it was claimed that the 23-year-old had recorded the fastest speed ever in the English top flight, with his 38km/h beating Kyle Walker’s record of 37.8km/h.

That was soon regurgitated by a variety of Liverpool fan accounts, along with newspapers such as the Mail and the Daily Star.
Of course, the statistic was never sourced, with Darke’s commentary misinterpreted, and now Opta have revealed that it is far from the truth

Nunez has run faster than any other player in the Premier League this season, though that did not come against West Ham, and he is in no way the fastest ever.
His speed of 36.5km/h in the 2-2 draw with Fulham on August 6 tops the chart for the campaign so far, just above Gabriel Martinelli (35.9km/h), Diogo Dalot (35.8km/h), Allan Saint-Maximin (35.7km/h) and Jack Stacey (35.6km/h).
But as reported by Opta back in March, it is not faster than the speeds clocked by Antonio Rudiger (36.7km/h), Mohamed Salah (36.6km/h) and Adama Traore (36.6km/h) last season.

It is still a ridiculously fast speed, with previous chart-topping sprints in past Premier League seasons typically hovering around the 35km/h mark.
However, with methods of tracking changing on a regular basis – along with the Premier League‘s official provider – it is almost impossible to reliably judge sprint speeds season by season.
This should, more than anything, simply be another example of why you can never believe everything you read, even if social media pages with high follower counts claim it as fact.

I don't think anyone for a second thought he was the fastest player in Prem history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom