1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Oh Jota night

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by King Binny, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Frogfish

Frogfish Gone to Redcafe Member

Not sure which forums you're reading but it's virtually unanimous on Red Cafe (from supporters of all teams and across 5-6 pages) that it's a very good buy indeed. They are upset how we keep deferring payment though!

2. bluebell

bluebell Well-Known Member

Jota does not have record of injuries. He only scored 7 goals with 1 assist in the league, his other 9 came from domestic and European competitions. I doubt he was on anyone's radar other than management's and one or two Twitter posters. Not awed by the signings but comfortable knowing the coaching staff wanted him even at £45m, so they see something in him

lfc.eddie likes this.
  3. SummerOnions

SummerOnions Let's Push Things Forward Member

Fuck off what

I missed the explanation.

Best thing I've read all day there hahaha

4. got red on me

got red on me Very Active Member

Has Dreamy hijacked this account?

5. dmishra

dmishra Very Well-Known Member

Is this getting announced today?

6. SummerOnions

Me on 2 hours sleep is a half dreamy

7. got red on me

got red on me Very Active Member

I still haven’t recovered from your “did Finnan take a penalty in the shoot-out in Instanbul?” brain fart.

8. SummerOnions

Not sure it's super defendable tbf but there's at least one of those a day I just don't write all of them on here

9. King Binny

King Binny Very Well-Known Honorary Member

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2020
  10. 6TimesaRed

6TimesaRed Not a Bot.... Administrator

11. Hass

Hass Well-Known Member

Signed[​IMG]

12. King Binny

Article: Jürgen Klopp has identified Diogo Jota as a natural fit for his Liverpool squad and a player who provides 'real options' across the midfield and forward line.

Jota completed a permanent transfer to the Reds on a long-term deal on Saturday, following three seasons with Wolverhampton Wanderers – two in the Premier League and one in the Championship.

The 23-year-old is the third new recruit for 2020-21, after swoops for Thiago Alcantara and Kostas Tsimikas, and arrives having struck 44 goals in the past three campaigns.

Klopp is delighted to have secured the versatile forward and he explained what he expects from the new No.20 during an exclusive interview with Liverpoolfc.com…

Can you tell us why Diogo was someone you wanted to bring to Liverpool?

Oh my god, plenty of reasons! He’s a player who gives us so many options to use him. He’s 23 years old, still far away from being kind of a finished article, so much potential. He has the speed, he can combine, can defend, can press. It makes it just more unpredictable and gives us real options for different systems because he can play pretty much all three positions up front in a 4-3-3, if we play with four midfielders he can play both wings. So, these kinds of things. It’s just nice. And he has some natural things which we have in our game, like this desire and the greed and the direction. He is part of this unbelievable Portuguese generation in the moment, where they have really a lot of obviously quite skilled players. We saw the Portuguese team last time, it’s quite impressive. So, I’m really happy to have him here. And on top of that, a really good guy and really happy to be here.

Have you had a chance to speak to him yet? How did that conversation go?

Yes, very good – I met him and his girlfriend. Very nice, both speak very good English. I knew it before, obviously we spoke before, and he is a really nice and smart person. He will fit really well in this squad.

You’re a big admirer of Wolves and what Nuno Espirito Santo does there. Is that something that will help his transition into what you do here?

Yeah, I like what Wolves are doing. They obviously play a completely different system but what they do is ask pretty much all offensive players for proper defensive work – and the whole team there is doing that, and Diogo as well. Of course, that’s one of the things. Of course he has to adapt to a few things and has to learn a few things – what we do differently because there are, of course, differences – but a lot of things are already there. And so I’m really excited.

Is it the room for potential that excites you the most and do you sense that he’s relishing that challenge here as well?

He knows it’s a step for him, he knows that. Of course it is. We always talk about these kinds of things; who can improve our team, the team who won pretty much everything last year? A lot of things can improve us, just if you want to come and play 500 games in a row then it could be slightly difficult. He knows it’s a step for him and he can give us things we don’t have – that’s why it’s cool. The space for improvement is not what I like most, but it’s there. He is now already ready to play for us but yes, I’m pretty sure there’s something to come. And the way we play, the way we train and the way we treat people, I think will help him as well. And, of course, being in a team like this is good because [there are] good players around you, make yourself better. That’s how it will be with him as well and what he will do with us.

He takes Adam Lallana’s number, 20. A big shirt to fill…

It’s a nice number, No.20. Confident as well, did I mention that? All good. I’m pretty sure Adam is completely fine with that. Both obviously really good footballers – different players, but really good footballers. Both run a lot, so at least the shirt is used to that! There will be a lot of sweat after the game!

13. rurikbird

rurikbird Part of the Furniture Honorary Member

I just noticed he has really long hands relative to the size of the rest of his body. Can almost touch his knees without bending.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2020
  14. Frogfish

What you can’t? Are you related to Pickford ?

15. King Binny

Article: Wolves chief Nuno Espirito Santo – after being coy about Jota's omission as Wolves lost to Stoke in the Carabao Cup on Thursday – wished him well on Merseyside, as he said: "First of all I want to apologise for Thursday – I hope you understand my answers. Sometimes you have to be private.

"Regarding Diogo, he is amazing. Everyone knows the relationship we have built over the last three years, particularly at Wolves.

“What Diogo has done for us is amazing. I think Diogo is going to the right place, and we wish him all the best, knowing that he will never be forgotten, especially by our fans for all the memorable things that Diogo provided in the three seasons here at Wolves."

Jota was an unused substitute as Wolves beat Sheffield United in their first game of the new Premier League season and was then absent against the Potters.

He scored 44 goals in 131 appearances for Wolves after joining from Atletico Madrid, initially on loan before completing a permanent move in the summer of 2018 for £13m.

"Things happen naturally. Diogo had three fantastic seasons so it’s normal that other clubs look at our squad and see the quality and the talent we have and try to bring them to our clubs," said Nuno, who has signed defender Ki-Jana Hoever from Liverpool in deal worth up to £13.5m.

“In this case it’s good for Liverpool, because Jurgen (Klopp) is going to have a very good player and a fantastic boy.

“At the same time, we’ve done the business and have the money that we hope can provide us with new things and better players for us."

He added: "We still have to adjust the squad – we need to balance our squad better.

“We have already identified the targets, we know the player we want to bring and now we hope our plan continues as it did previously.

“So Jeff (Shi) knows our target, where we need to work on the squad."

16. ibromurph

ibromurph Well-Known Member

Jurgen pretty much saying and confirming what I said. It just makes so much more sense than Sarr. Although I still wouldn't be shocked if we got a player like Sarr in future to just give us raw physicality and a different option to Bobby; to give us a completely different option up top (CF) to replace Origi.

17. doctor_mac

doctor_mac My cowboy name is Garland Justice Moderator

Boom!

Squiggles likes this.
  18. dmishra

dmishra Very Well-Known Member

Good read from the Wolves reporter at The Athletic:

darkstarexodus likes this.
  19. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie Active Member

I think we signed him because of the payment terms we could struck and he is willing to play second fiddle for our current front 3 for now. Or else I cannot wrap my head around why at £50m we cannot put out for Werner that scores so many more goals and £45m for someone who had only scored slightly more than a handful. All the plaudits given to that fella Edwards, not sure what he's doing here.

20. Frogfish

44 goals in 121 games for Wolves is a lot more than a handful!