• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll One signing

Prefix for Poll Threads

Position

• GK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Full back

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Centre back

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Centre mid

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Attacking mid

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Wide forward

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Centre forward

Votes: 26 53.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Match thread starter
So the window is looking dry (since Konate, which is a big deal for me). Hypothetically, say we make just one signing in this window. Which position do you want it to be in?

State whether you want a new first choice, or a back up for that position.

Me: backup centre forward.

This is where I fear we have the biggest depth challenges and meaning we have limited options for rotating the front and having great sub options.

Centre Forward. Firmino’s downward trajectory will just continue. We need a new number 9.

Still haven't replaced Gini. Hope it's not going to be Minamino...

Yeah, this was close second for me as Hendo & Milner are going to need a long term replacement soon. However I think with Fabinho, Hendo, Thiago, Milner, Keita & Jones we have a great core for the CM trio, with the ability to play Taki, Ox, Elliot if required, or some of the younger lads if desperate. Options up front fall off a cliff at a rapid pace after the 4 stars.

Tough call.

GK Ali and kelleher

CB we have riches....

FB gomez, Milner, tsimikas, neco to cover. Not ideal but if only 1 signing... Would be my 2nd choice

CM gini played almost every match. Need to replace.

Forwards we have 4 for 3 spaces. Hopefully one of Shaq, ox, mini, elliot can step up to bolster. Would be my 3rd choice

Therefore CM for me...

I expect Thiago to play every match he's fit this season. Fabinho + Thiago will be the ever presents. Not sure if that is too bold of a prediction, but you can tell Klopp loves him already, and he really grew into the side with Fabs at the end of the season.

We have Fabinho, Thiago and Hendo. There's no one to "replace" per se, but I wouldn't say no to another midfielder.

Yep - this is how I see it. Jones & Naby rotating through (either starting, or lots of sub appearances).

Fab Hendo Thiago Ox Naby Jones Milner.

7 midfielders not enough? for 3 spots.

We have 1 RB and a dud behind him who's championship level...a RB far more priority than a midfielder.

The numbers are OK, but the quality can be discussed.
A lot question marks surrounding some of those players.

If Fabs can play all (or 95%) of PL games I don't have too many concerns about the combo of Thiago, Hendo, Keita & Jones with him as starting CMs. There is then emergency back up in Milner and others if needed.

I think you're right that if we get 1 or 2 injuries in there that we might struggle (depending on who the injuries are)

Attacking mid for me. Still haven't replaced Gini. Hope it's not going to be Minamino...
Yeah that's not going to happen when we have Jones, Keita, Ox and even Elliot for that position. It's CM / DM where we lack depth and where someone like Bissouma would be capable of covering.

Next season I think will determine if Jones has a long term career at the club, he really has to push on now because he;s being left behind whilst the likes of Smith Rowe Foden Bellingham all showing more promise despite him breaking on the scene first.

Centre Forward. Thats were we are lacking and really need to freshen up.
Firmino is on a downward trajectory and we struggle when he's not "on" his game.

Dusan Vlahovic would be the one for me. 6'3, which gives us another element to attack but also has the speed and movement to play in our system. At 21 he is most certainly a player Klopp could develop into a star.

Centre Forward. Thats were we are lacking and really need to freshen up.
Firmino is on a downward trajectory and we struggle when he's not "on" his game.

Dusan Vlahovic would be the one for me. 6'3, which gives us another element to attack but also has the speed and movement to play in our system. At 21 he is most certainly a player Klopp could develop into a star.
And he scored 7 goals in a friendly against a 4th division team yesterday.

Dusan Vlahovic and Bissouma would be my guess in regards to the two signing we're getting.

Although I selected a striker as we desperately need 1, with Daka and Malen swept up by other clubs and Haaland/Kane/Mbappe well out of reach I honestly don't see who else we would target.

Real big fan of Bissouma's and he would be the 1 player I'd hoped we could get...lets use Nat as bait come on Edwards Klopp FSG.

Genuine question but does anyone think Morelos could hack it here or would it be a step too far for him?

94 goals 43 assists in 182 games there, only turned 25....connection with Rangers could see us get him for a decent fee, seems to have cooled his steamy head down a touch....maybe worth a punt?

Genuine question but does anyone think Morelos could hack it here or would it be a step too far for him?

94 goals 43 assists in 182 games there, only turned 25....connection with Rangers could see us get him for a decent fee, seems to have cooled his steamy head down a touch....maybe worth a punt?
No he’s a cannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom