• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other Games - 31/08 - 05/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
After this week's matches, a simple, and highly reliable, extrapolation of points so far gained, leads to a final league table like this :

1. Liverpool P38 W38 D0 L0 - 114 Pts
2. Man City P38 W29 D9 L0 - 96 Pts (*)
3. Leicester P38 W19 D19 L0 - 76 Pts
4= Palace P38 W19 D10 L8 - 67 Pts (*)
4= Arsenal P38 W19 D10 L8 - 67 Pts (*)

(*) - Rounded up wins/draws when the extrapolation resulted in a non integral count
That's exactly what I said following that win.

It's obvious that if we continue on in this form then the league is ours. Such basic logic cannot simply be ignored.

I love what Klopp has done with our team, hes got players with average or more ability, but has raised their levels of fitness to such a level that these other teams know their is no room to breath. The beauty of it for many of them is that they can only do this shit within a Klopp system, so any jumping around to move to elite teams is unlikely to work out for them.

Name one player in our first team who is average.

Name one player in our first team who is average.

OK, I know it's moron, but there's sort of a point in there, that Klopp has built a system that gets the very most out of the players at his disposal.

Certainly we do NOT have any "average" players (I suppose the captain would be one that splits opinion more than most; Lovren and Lallana also) but he seems to get a lot of consistently great performances from a set of very good players in a system that plays to (almost) all of their strengths.

Perhaps moron was also referring to his Dortmund players, who won several trophies under him, but many of whom never really seemed to achieve the same level once they left Klopp (or vice versa)

OK, I know it's moron, but there's sort of a point in there, that Klopp has built a system that gets the very most out of the players at his disposal.

Certainly we do NOT have any "average" players (I suppose the captain would be one that splits opinion more than most; Lovren and Lallana also) but he seems to get a lot of consistently great performances from a set of very good players in a system that plays to (almost) all of their strengths.

Perhaps moron was also referring to his Dortmund players, who won several trophies under him, but many of whom never really seemed to achieve the same level once they left Klopp (or vice versa)
I think it’s the case with most of the very best managers, whatever their style. But with Klopp, having spent what, 20m or so per season net? And getting Liverpool to a UEFA Cup final and two CL finals in 4 years, along with record points in the domestic league is crazy. Those lizards seriously lucked out.

Give them some credit for spotting the man.

Klopp makes some very astute changes to get the best out of all the players. Trent is now taking up CM positions to give him more options and make it harder to close him down.

Firmino drops deep to cover and Salah is freed to allow speedier counters. Every player learns when its best for them to attack and it means even Fabinho is dancing into the box in the last 10 minutes of a game.

He's a genius manager.

I think it’s the case with most of the very best managers, whatever their style. But with Klopp, having spent what, 20m or so per season net? And getting Liverpool to a UEFA Cup final and two CL finals in 4 years, along with record points in the domestic league is crazy. Those lizards seriously lucked out.

What are you American?

In the UK ‘lucked out’ means unlucky.

What are you American?

In the UK ‘lucked out’ means unlucky.
Yeah, my clients are American, most English speakers I meet here are Americans, and I watch a bunch of American stuff on Netflix. I didn’t even think about it.
Quite shocked it was you that came in to correct another’s English though :)

Give them some credit for spotting the man.

Klopp makes some very astute changes to get the best out of all the players. Trent is now taking up CM positions to give him more options and make it harder to close him down.

Firmino drops deep to cover and Salah is freed to allow speedier counters. Every player learns when its best for them to attack and it means even Fabinho is dancing into the box in the last 10 minutes of a game.

He's a genius manager.

Credit for 'spotting' Jurgen Klopp? Hahahahahahahaha!

Yes, very astute of them to notice one of the most sought after young managers in the world was currently on sabbatical and might do a better job than Brendan Rodgers.

I know he can be a cunt, but the man knows football. Watch him own the "experts" on Sky:

So describing how Liverpool play or how Arsenal changed their attack to come back in the game is easy. To have your own team playing an attacking game is different story.

They would get the George Graham Mk II
When he has the attackers, especially like in his first stint at Chelsea, he seems to get a very good balance of solidity at the back and some passing flair further up.
And I think Arsenal supporters would be pretty pleased with a George Graham right now!

Inter fans defending racism in Italian stadiums:

Fucking hell!

So basically its not racism just a bit of bantz...My lord! I cant believe someone typed that as a public response let alone thought that, goes to show where that culture is and how far it has to go...

Emery and Arsenal are obsessed with retro engineering Klopps tactics, trying their hardest to replicate Klopps tactical setup. You can see it in the types of players they are assembling. last weekend 3 DMs at home against spurs. Some are confident enough to think Laccazette is good enough to do the Firmino role, im not sure on that, theres only one Firmino!

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/the-tactics-thread.33901/

The problem with imitating the Klopp style is that you need players that would run through brick walls for the team and to have a level of intensity that outstrips every opponent. I'm not sure every manager has the ability to inspire and extract that from their team.

Maybe, unless when she leaves your home value tanks and she takes her big paycheck with her and all your Instagram followers go away, leaving you in financial hardship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom