• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other games - March 9 -11

Arsenal played like they had nothing to lose against us and so managed to put in a decent performance
Let's not forget, as many are including TV pundits, that we had a team minus Mo, Szobo, Robbo and Nunez coming back off the bench whilst they were at absolute full strength. I'm amazed we are where we are with all these mind-numbing injuries we've had to contend with.

Hard one. On one side I just want Arsenal out of Europe but obv fixture congestion could be useful.

Did anyone see their Champions League poster? 👀

1710321586079.png

The more football Arsenal and City face the more prone they are to fatigue and injuries. Roll on some more extra time and pray for the joyous sounds of a twang of a hamstring and the pop of an ACL.

Hopefully one of them draws Atletico next round, too. Simeone would rattle Arteta into a new dimension.

The more football Arsenal and City face the more prone they are to fatigue and injuries. Roll on some more extra time and pray for the joyous sounds of a twang of a hamstring and the pop of an ACL.

Hopefully one of them draws Atletico next round, too. Simeone would rattle Arteta into a new dimension.
Kane vs Arsenal would be tasty.

Let's not forget, as many are including TV pundits, that we had a team minus Mo, Szobo, Robbo and Nunez coming back off the bench whilst they were at absolute full strength. I'm amazed we are where we are with all these mind-numbing injuries we've had to contend with.
And a barely fit Trent started after being out through injury as well as first game since Klopp’s departure news, wrong game at the wrong time for us.

And a barely fit Trent started after being out through injury as well as first game since Klopp’s departure news, wrong game at the wrong time for us.
Indeed. I still feel confident but, if we do this, after the injuries and the unbelievably poor VAR decisions against us (Spurs, Arsenal and now City) it will be the most amazing and deserved trophy of Klopp's tenure. What a send off.

Indeed. I still feel confident but, if we do this, after the injuries and the unbelievably poor VAR decisions against us (Spurs, Arsenal and now City) it will be the most amazing and deserved trophy of Klopp's tenure. What a send off.
Hands down.

On the issue of fatigue, if all three teams go all the way in the competitions they are still in, they will have played the following number of games by the end of the season:

LFC 63
City 61
Arsenal 54

And the minimum number of games is:

LFC 56 (realistically 58 given our lead against Sparta)
City 56
Arsenal 51

It won't be fatigue that will get Arsenal, we will need them to drop points.
And we're at greater risk of burn-out than anyone, especially with our injury list.

Also forget no Endo, was basically our reserves. Guy is now prime time for us.

On the issue of fatigue, if all three teams go all the way in the competitions they are still in, they will have played the following number of games by the end of the season:

LFC 63
City 61
Arsenal 54

And the minimum number of games is:

LFC 56 (realistically 58 given our lead against Sparta)
City 56
Arsenal 51

It won't be fatigue that will get Arsenal, we will need them to drop points.
And we're at greater risk of burn-out than anyone, especially with our injury list.
Fatigue is still an issue for them as it's not the total number of games that matters but how many players have been used in those games and then, from now on, how many tough games to come in short spells with quick turnarounds.

For example the last time I checked we had used by far (far!) the most players so most of our players have less minutes in their legs to date, even though we'll likely end up playing the most games over the season. I think Arsenal have used the least number of players and so have the most minutes in those legs. @King Binny is this still correct?

Fatigue is still an issue for them as it's not the total number of games that matters but how many players have been used in those games and then, from now on, how many tough games to come in short spells with quick turnarounds.

For example the last time I checked we had used by far (far!) the most players so most of our players have less minutes in their legs to date, even though we'll likely end up playing the most games over the season. I think Arsenal have used the least number of players and so have the most minutes in those legs. @King Binny is this still correct?

Top 15 players with most minutes played (for club) for each team:

ars.jpg

Back
Top Bottom