• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other PL Games (13-16 Jan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always said we were a forward thinking club. The first team to win all 3 European cups? Yes please

pivot.jpg

That's one heck of a good pivot and just the kind of blind optimism this club needs.

This feels like it's really belittling how good that leicester team was ... granted, a good man city or even arsenal that year win, but they were a really good team, with a top spine ... arsenal are also a really good team, likely with more staying power due to the name/city and squad youth as you saks, but both did do / are doing well in the league as much due to the lower levels of their primary rivals as due to their play ...

Didn't mean to "belittle" that Leicester team but just thought it will be "belittling" this Arsenal team instead, if we were to compare them to Leicester because despite the similarity of other big teams flattering, Arsenal are actually doing really well - i.e. they would be where they are in the table with their current pts.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled2.jpg

In terms of them winning the title whereas the other top sides are shit*, yeah. But quality and "deserving" wise, I think it's different.

I do think they have been working well towards building a good side - both in terms of bringing through players and weeding out the rotten ones. Getting rewarded for the patience and faith they showed Arteta too.

Last edited:
Didn't mean to "belittle" that Leicester team but just thought it will be "belittling" this Arsenal team instead, if we were to compare them to Leicester because despite the similarity of other big teams flattering, Arsenal are actually doing really well - i.e. they would be where they are in the table with their current pts.

VisualGame cant read (or count) his own table .. that's the FIFTH most points!

VisualGame cant read (or count) his own table .. that's the FIFTH most points!

There's 2 52 pts - i.e. joint most no. of points after 18 games. 52, 49, 48, 47 (Arsenal's current) - so "4th most points" isn't wrong.

Thats not how it works, at least its a sneaky twist. If two people come joint first in a race the next one in is 3rd, not "the second fastest", which would be a disingenious description.

Thats not how it works, at least its a sneaky twist. If two people come joint first in a race the next one in is 3rd, not "the second fastest", which would be a disingenious description.

My understanding of the wording is it focuses on 47 points being the 4th most points after 18 league games, rather than Arsenal being the 4th best team with points won after 18 games

And proving so.

Absolutely useless club. Happy finishing bottom half literally every season for the past 50 years.

That was a special free kick by Olise and but not for a typical Wan Bissaka sliding tackle, Zaha was in 1 on 1 to win the game.

Not absolutely useless but still useless and will still finish bottom half.

Thanks Palace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom