• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The young lads

Status
Not open for further replies.

localny

Well-Known
Missed the game today. Heard Bradley got MOTM, and Mc Connell Started.

How was Mc Connell? Possible back up for the PL games?

Last edited:
Missed the game today. Heard Bradley got MOTM, and O'Connell Started.

How was O'Connell? Possible back up for the PL games?

McConnell not O'Connell.

He played well. Delicious cross for the first goal didn't look out of place. Cramped up about 75 minutes.

I think it’s going to be a lot harder for the kids to get games in the upcoming games. Many of our senior players will be back to full fitness in the coming weeks. Obviously with Matip out for the season Quansah will stay in the rotation.
Bradley, despite his impressive performances might be third choice RB after Gomez.
There will be a few sub appearances here and there obviously.
McConnell played really well, although he was a bit protected in midfield and Norwich didn’t really put up a fight. Very mature performance for his age, didn't make it too difficult for himself. Jones and Gravy did most of the work in midfield imo.

Young lads have been a revelation since they’ve come in, stepped up and look part of the team.

Bradley well deserved Motm, it was a 9/10 performance.

We need to just let them develop and not jump the gun with the whole “back up to so and so” talk after 1 start.

Like we saw with Bradley and Quansah, loans (preferably to league 1/2 sides) are the way to go. McConnell Doak Danns Kone-Doherty Nyoni Nallo Koumas, time for loans are now.

Yeah I agree, maybe bring back Morton after the summer, but then again we’ve got Bajcetic.
Don’t want to look too far ahead, still early days and I’ve seen young players perform in one or two games then disappear. Remember Plessis?
We all love a beautiful story but in the end it’s about quality.

The young uns have got to understand, with a new management team coming in they have an opportunity to prove themselves, but also a chance to be forgotten altogether. Past performances / promises won't count for much.

Yeah that’s another concern about a new manager that the young ones will be forgotten if there’s a slide in performances and success. But unlike United in 2013, this squad really could be coming into its own.

Last edited:
I strongly think we are on the cusp of yet another era in the primary footbal league in England. I think we are reverting to a dependence on locally developed ( Local is England or English club trained). Oscar Bob, Mainoo, Bradders are the new currency. The market for 22+ non locally trained will shrink dramatically

[James Pearce] Bobby Clark going nowhere today. Young midfielder now regarded as important part of Liverpool's first-team staff. Made four senior appearances in January. Lots of loan interest but not available.
-------

I think it's a good idea. He's not going to get a lot of time of the pitch, neither will McConnell, but I think it's better for both of them to stay put and continue their development in the club.
We usually don't let players who are 18 and younger out on loan (Clark is 18). A January loan to a team in panic mode in a lower English division isn't the best environment to go to.
They'll probably go out on loan next season during the summer. A full season playing somewhere where they can be part of a team from the start.

Danns promoted to first team. Looks like he too has suffered a growth spurt which saw him go from 5ft2 to 6ft in 10M
He's a youth player having a chance like dozens of other kids do, to train with the first team doesn't suddenly now mean they've been promoted to the first team. Probably grew that afro of his in those 8 months.

Obligatory i can grow 10 inches in 3 seconds post.

Sorry
Grossly inappropriate given the thread title. Reported.

RoI2ra.gif

He's a youth player having a chance like dozens of other kids do, to train with the first team doesn't suddenly now mean they've been promoted to the first team. Probably grew that afro of his in those 8 months.
Training with the first offers him the chance to showcase his talent and just like Kaide Gordon, he might get a few mins of game time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom