• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ox will be ok, Klopp will help him with his decision making and end product, he's got so much raw ability.

Agreed, and I get the impression he's also got the good sense and willingness to learn that he'll need in order to benefit from Klopp's (and his coaches') input.

Don't see a problem with Ox. He's at a good age, has pace and power. He can play in at least 6 positions in our team. He is relatively experience as well.

He has only been here for days, let's judge him in Jan. Worse case he will be a good squad player. Best case he will be a good first teamer.

The money forked out for him is irrelevant.

It's not like you to make a decision based on a game Pat.

Well, apart from when you watched loads of Robertson last season, enough to decide he was utter shite, before deciding after half a game in a friendly that he might be ok after all.
Except I didn't do that you just assumed it as you love to do when it comes to me. Robertson looked nothing special everytime I saw him before we signed him and I said as much. So did loads of other people by the way but of course that's irrelevant for you.

After his debut I said he had an encouraging debut but based on the fact he hasn't a sniff since makes you wonder why the Fuck we spent 10m on him.

I'm more than capable of discussing a performance in isolation without it changing my overall view.

I don't see him making it here but I really hope he does as it will mean the back or Moreno.

Except I didn't do that you just assumed it as you love to do when it comes to me. Robertson looked nothing special everytime I saw him before we signed him and I said as much. So did loads of other people by the way but of course that's irrelevant for you.

After his debut I said he had an encouraging debut but based on the fact he hasn't a sniff since makes you wonder why the Fuck we spent 10m on him.

I'm more than capable of discussing a performance in isolation without it changing my overall view.

I don't see him making it here but I really hope he does as it will mean the back or Moreno.

That's a weakness, not a strength. If a performance doesn't fit that "overall view" you need to consider the possibility that the overall view is wrong. At the very least you need to give it more time, a sod of a lot more than Robertson (who's also done well for Scotland meanwhile) has yet had for example.

My opinion of Chamberlain has been based on what I've seen over his last few years at Arsenal and England. Obviously I haven't seen him play that often, because I don't support Arsenal, and he's been injured a lot.

He has undeniably had some good games, but his record is fucking shite (9 goals in his entire career) and he's also been shunted around positionally, which suggests he hasn't really locked down a position. For whatever reason.

His desire to play in a more central role would seem to be entirely without basis, because he is undisciplined and wasteful in possession. He is exciting with his power and speed, but he looks technically mediocre and totally brainless, which is possibly why he's been more successful playing on the wings, and often looked horrible centrally.

That's a weakness, not a strength. If a performance doesn't fit that "overall view" you need to consider the possibility that the overall view is wrong. At the very least you need to give it more time, a sod of a lot more than Robertson (who's also done well for Scotland meanwhile) has yet had for example.

Of course if he continues to show that it will lead to a change of opinion.
But it's one game and I said as much.

Just like Moreno not being totally Fucking shite so far this season Won't easily change my opinion that he rubbish.

Robertson has a long way to go to make LB his own and for it me was one of the major priorities over the summer which hasn't been addressed.

Fifteen days. That's how long he's been here. Fifteen days. Of which, about half were spent away with England. And the definitive judgements are already in. It's absolutely pathetic.

I'm not sure any definitive judgments are in but even if there were people have six years of Premiership football to judge him on.

Its not like he didn't exist before he signed for us

I'm not sure any definitive judgments are in but even if there were people have six years of Premiership football to judge him on.

Its not like he didn't exist before he signed for us
I have made up my mind about him.. i think he shit.

You must be so proud of yourself. Even though your old English teacher must have killed himself. Still, it's not as if teaching is an effective profession, is it?

9K a month in rent!! They are fucking mental.... BUY or build a fucking house for Gods sake... I think some people are on too much money....

A family friend of ours is minted. Like, seriously fucking rich. He's in his 50's & lives alone in a huge house in a very nice area, it has a pool, sauna, spa rooms, etc etc.

He recently got three lodgers in. Each one pays 3k a month. For simply a room & en suite FFS!

I don't understand people. At all.

I think being obsessed with computer games as a professional adult is embarrassing. Perhaps I'm alone there.
24 year old kid likes playing computer games shocker. Personally what I think is more embarrassing is looking down on someone successful who does something they enjoy which doesn't hurt anyone because you don't get it. I couldn't agree more that he should stop it and be more like some other professional adults in his field and focus more drinking, gambling and prostitutes.

Obviously part of his problem is that he can't even decide on what his name is. If he can't sort that out, what are his decisions going to be like during the heat of a premiership match?

What's his first name anyway? Theo or something, isn't it?

A family friend of ours is minted. Like, seriously fucking rich. He's in his 50's & lives alone in a huge house in a very nice area, it has a pool, sauna, spa rooms, etc etc.

He recently got three lodgers in. Each one pays 3k a month. For simply a room & en suite FFS!

I don't understand people. At all.
That is fucking mental.

If I was seriously rich, there's no way I would have lodgers. I would have my own place and only allow people whenever I invite them over. That includes my wife and son.

That is fucking mental.

If I was seriously rich, there's no way I would have lodgers. I would have my own place and only allow people whenever I invite them over. That includes my wife and son.

He's also extremely, erm, frugal, I think would be the polite way of putting it.

The man will haggle over anything & everything. Everywhere.

He once arranged a stag do, more of a posh one than usual, & went to the restaurants he'd shortlisted, spoke to them all before booking & booked the one that agreed the biggest discount beforehand, & these were nice, pretty damn exclusive restaurants, he managed to get a discount agreed by almost all of them. I'd have struggled to get a fucking table booked in those places.

Literally the first thing I did when looking for a property was check the Internet speed, only a mug wouldn't prioritise it.

Only a mug wouldn't have checked before bothering to drive all the way to the property.

Ox needs a new agent with initiative.

24 year old kid likes playing computer games shocker. Personally what I think is more embarrassing is looking down on someone successful who does something they enjoy which doesn't hurt anyone because you don't get it. I couldn't agree more that he should stop it and be more like some other professional adults in his field and focus more drinking, gambling and prostitutes.
Touched a nerve?

Didn't David James blame his poor concentration levels on videos games?

Better than sex, drugs and alcohol i guess

I know you're being sarcastic Mystic but I kind of have more respect for people who are boozing, betting and carousing than people who people who play world of Warcraft or whatever.
Well if it's world of warcraft I have to agree...

Pretty much, I find it pretty pathetic when someone looks down on an adult for playing video games.
I don't look down on him for playing computer games. I'm all for escapism - I have enjoyed computer games myself, and still do occasionally. But that's quite different from being 'obsessed' with them, which is the charge here. I would dispute your assertion that such an obsession does not harm anyone. Any obsession is unhealthy and harmful to those around you, and purely from a football perspective, I would be slightly concerned about how it might affect his performances for us. Neil Robertson's story is a good example of how damaging a gaming addiction can be.

Beyond that, though, I think an obsession with computer games speaks to the childish bubble that modern footballers seem to live in. After all, it is usually only children who can afford such an obsession, as they have their parents to do everything for them. Most professional adults would not have such a luxury. But footballers live in an alternative universe, where their dressing room education encourages them to carry on being children and they earn enough never to have to worry about responsibility. I mean, all that money and all those doors opened and you're spending every spare hour you have sitting in a dark room fixated on the telly. I think that's sad. Sorry if that offends you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom