• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PEP

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd have Borrell and Segura with him here, so in that one sense it'd be a fairly easy transition.

Press conference on sky - players look stunned/gutted.

And by the sound of things, he's definitely taking a break.

A good shout I guess, but I can't see him ever leave Arsenal for anywhere else.

He's been glued to their manager seat and probably the only top manager out there accepting to sell his good players when they are good enbough only to replace them with 'potentials'.

Tito Vilanova just been confirmed as coach for next season! Maybe Barca think Guardiola will come back after a year's sabbatical!

I'm glad Barcelona again went for a high profile experienced manager, like all big clubs do.

I don't even know who Vilanova is. Does he suit up? Is he bald?

So many questions.

Vilanova? A Barca youth-team product, yes, but a journeyman pro who barely touched Spain’s top flight? A man with no actual experience as a head coach (although he was Terassa’s director of football), having been Guardiola’s B-team assistant as well as senior number two?

It is a strikingly odd decision to many, but our Spanish office think it is the correct one.

"When Guardiola became a coach, his right-hand man was always Tito Vilanova," says Jorge Ordas, football editor at Eurosport.es.

"A lot of people believe Tito is the real brain behind Barcelona’s success, the tactical creator and the training-ground coach, with Guardiola the ‘face’ of the team, both publicly and to the players.

"There is a concern that the players may still see him as a ‘number two’. In this case, it is important that the captains - the senior players like Carles Puyol, Xavi, Victor Valdes and Andres Iniesta - are with Tito.

"If he keeps them on his side, he will be able to manage the team properly."

Respect for a guy who knows when to quit.

Just saying that that old git down the road does not! Why?

Silly emotional decision to quit. But if he is over worked, I get it. Feels a little over emotional though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom