• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Plymouth Away FA Cup match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure that's one of the signs of the Apocalypse

If we get a commanding defensive performance full of intelligent play and accurate passing from Moreno, then I'd be getting through the bucket list quickly.

Origi has been really poor in these matches.
I was pondering that myself. I find myself wondering if he actually finds it easier to play against premiership defenders, where he's more likely to have to use pace rather than against lower league, where they just are perfectly happy getting into a scrap with him as they're used to playing against larger, stronger attackers.

It's very clear that Woodburn isn't a right winger.
Origi and Sturridge have been awful too.
Coutinho will definitely score if they keep giving him space in or around the 18 yard box.

I was pondering that myself. I find myself wondering if he actually finds it easier to play against premiership defenders, where he's more likely to have to use pace rather than against lower league, where they just are perfectly happy getting into a scrap with him as they're used to playing against larger, stronger attackers.

Well, there's been little space. In the first game in particular, it was a game where it demanded movement from the front two, but he played as though the game was just going to come to him. I think he's just poor in the box on the last defender. It was unbelievable watching two of our strikers in a line deep against their CBs.

That right there is the more alarming thing for us. For a team that has members that played under Rodgers, it's shocking how poor we are at counter attacking. And no, it's not just pace, but that doesn't help.

It's very clear that Woodburn isn't a right winger.
Origi and Sturridge have been awful too.
Coutinho will definitely score if they keep giving him space in or around the 18 yard box.
Tbf they're literally filling the box with men. Every time sturridge or Origi get the ball anywhere near the area they have at least three bodies around them, sometimes more.

Talent gap or not, that's a tall order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom