• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poor Owen, never accepted, never loved

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't hate the Welsh midget but, what cracks me up is this "what's the big deal with me playing for Utd" stance.

If you don't get that, you shouldn't be a global ambassador for LFC.

I don't get who thought it was a good idea to hire him? Was it him trying to schmooze us over or the club's current regime kinda showing that in certain instances, they just don't get it.

The whole LFC v Manc thing has been done before. I love to hate them, I stay within the bounds of reasonableness most of the time., but ask yourself this, would Utd hire one of their ex players who also played for us in a similar role? The answer is no, because in the modern era there's only one candidate, Paul Ince.

I like the fact we have a tribal rivalry with them, it keeps the spice in the game which is being slowly eroded. There's a reason no player has crossed directly since 1964.

If Owen doesn't get the rivalry between us and them, then regardless of anything else, he's not a good fit for the role. He doesn't have to openly hate them, just not act all gobsmacked when we bring it up.

Were you really there? Wow - That was against Fulham I think. A league cup match. I remember reading about it the next day and thinking who the fuck is this Fowler dude. I know we might beg to differ but he is hands down my favourite LFC player. From his funny as fuck line snorting to his trying to say 'it wasn't a penalty' Then the fastest hatrick ever and his postering at Le-Saux. If only he'd have scored that overhead kick that hit the bar on his return debut. I'll forgive him that though. In God I trust! :)

I was in home end at Craven Cottage when scored on his debut. Wild celebrations while Fulham fans sat bemused around me.

That goal was superb. Cross was hit with pace, first time half volley on a pitch that had endured a massive thunderstorm pre kick off and was close to waterlogged.

He took it like he'd been a top level player for years. Ah Robbie, I loved you lad.

He was fucking amazing for us. A true phenomenon. What a goalscorer. Shame his time with us and the goals he scored are so forgotten. And he blotted his reputation with the Manc thing. But I've never worried about a player running down his contract. In most sports it's perfectly acceptable.
If you can't enjoy these then heaven help you.

Always loved that hat trick away at Newcastle with the hand rubbing celebration. Helped make Gullits team look like mugs.

That's quite special. I was at the game for Owen's debut. Or maybe it was his first appearance and he came on as sub?

Anyway, it was away to Wimbledon and he scored a typically cracking Owen goal.

Although I think we may have lost 2-1. Can't be sure. Think they were playing at Crystal Palace's ground at the time. It was a shithole wherever it was
I was there too. 2 down, needed a win to stay in title race. He came on and scored within minutes with no fuss, grabbed ball and legged it back to centre circle.

If I remember correctly we conceded a header to an unmarked Jason Euell. That was 97. Nothing's changed really has it.

It wasn't. It was actually terrible and it was a waste of time re-signing him.

Fowler's goal when he first came back propelled us into the CL. He scored 5/6 in last 7 games.

Keeping after that was a waste of time but those 6 months were definitely worth it.

That's quite special. I was at the game for Owen's debut. Or maybe it was his first appearance and he came on as sub?

Anyway, it was away to Wimbledon and he scored a typically cracking Owen goal.

Although I think we may have lost 2-1. Can't be sure. Think they were playing at Crystal Palace's ground at the time. It was a shithole wherever it was

He missed a great chance to make it 2-2 and only scored that goal because their CB went down injured leaving a huge hole.

We fucking lost out on CL football that season by only picking up 1 point from our last two games :(

Were you really there? Wow - That was against Fulham I think. A league cup match. I remember reading about it the next day and thinking who the fuck is this Fowler dude. I know we might beg to differ but he is hands down my favourite LFC player. From his funny as fuck line snorting to his trying to say 'it wasn't a penalty' Then the fastest hatrick ever and his postering at Le-Saux. If only he'd have scored that overhead kick that hit the bar on his return debut. I'll forgive him that though. In God I trust! :)

Hand down my favourite Fowler moment was his two goals on Cantona's return.

The first was sensational, the second absurd.

Fucked Gary Neville over and dinked it over the best keeper in the world at the time.

Magical.

Hand down my favourite Fowler moment was his two goals on Cantona's return.

The first was sensational, the second absurd.

Fucked Gary Neville over and dinked it over the best keeper in the world at the time.

Magical.
Fowler's goal v Villa where he turns Staunton and just leathers it into top corner is my favourite. Mercurial and executed with consummate ease.

Fowler's goal v Villa where he turns Staunton and just leathers it into top corner is my favourite. Mercurial and executed with consummate ease.

That one and the one against Brann away were great showcases for the God title and why Owen could never be compared in terms of a goal scorer but goals at old Trafford will always count for me.

It's why Murphy will always have a spot in my heart.

Three years in a row 1-0 Murphy.

That one and the one against Brann away were great showcases for the God title and why Owen could never be compared in terms of a goal scorer but goals at old Trafford will always count for me.

I remember that! Some kind of whopping thunder strike. Nearly blew the roof off the net. Robbie in his prime was a force of nature though. I think he banged in 25 goals plus for 3-4 seasons on the bounce. Crazily good. I love it that that him and Stevie G had babies together on the same day at Alder Hey. Robbie (who had a boy) stuck his head round the corner and said to Gerrard that his little new born lad wanted to get Stevies little new born girls number! :D

If you love goals at old toilet you should be rimming owen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom