• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre game - Sheffield Utd (H) Sat 8:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
Very important we get back to winning league games and this is a wonderful opportunity to do that.

SU have had a torrid start to season and we should be primed to get a morale boosting result.

Jota has to start and Henderson too.

If we are going for a more reserved back 4 I’d move Mané to the right to help Trent defensively, play Salah through the middle and Jota on the left.

Is there any news on Thiago? If he’s fit then him, Henderson and Fabinho. Especially if Matip can start alongside Gomez.

Oh really? What happens if we don't? Will Bruce Willis not be able to blow up the asteroid in time?
No. But, if we don't win, we can give up all hope of even a top 4 finish; in fact I think we need to worry about a season long relegation battle.

If we are going for a more reserved back 4 I’d move Mané to the right to help Trent defensively, play Salah through the middle and Jota on the left.

Is there any news on Thiago? If he’s fit then him, Henderson and Fabinho. Especially if Matip can start alongside Gomez.
Keita should be available too?

This, would love to see this.

Becker : Oct 19: "Ali looks very good. We have to see; catching balls and stuff like this is all possible. But we cannot rush it and will not rush it." POSSIBLE RETURN 31/10

Tsimikas : Sept 30: "After the Lincoln game [he] had a thigh problem. We thought it would settle, it didn't, so he will need more time. He will not be involved on Thursday and also not on Sunday." POSSIBLE RETURN 24/10. 50%

Keita : Oct 19: "He looked very good yesterday in training, to be honest. In the moment, I would probably rather expect him to be involved but I don't know it." POSSIBLE RETURN 24/10. 75%

Thiago : Currently Being Assessed POSSIBLE RETURN 24/10. 50%

Matip : Muscular Injury. POSSIBLE RETURN 24/10. 50%

Ox : No Return Date. Ruled out.

Ali to return against West Ham giving him 2 matches to get sharp before we beat city.

................................ Adrian

TAA ......... Fabinho .............. Gomez ........ Robbo

..................... Hendo .......... Gini

................................. Keita

..... Mane .................. Mo ................ Jota

Bench : Kelleher, Thiago, Matip (or Phillips), Milner, Firmino, Shaqiri, Minamino

Surely it is time for Bobby to have a rest, problem is that Taki is the natural replacement for his position. I think we'll see something predictable:

------------Adrian------------
TAA---Fabs---Gomez---Robbo
-------Hendo--Thiago--------
------------Gini----------------
Salah----Bobby-----Mane

The trust already being showed in Jota to me suggests he is more likely to be used as an early sub if needed, likely for Sadio if he is still overcoming a sore leg.

Surely it is time for Bobby to have a rest, problem is that Taki is the natural replacement for his position. I think we'll see something predictable:

------------Adrian------------
TAA---Fabs---Gomez---Robbo
-------Hendo--Thiago--------
------------Gini----------------
Salah----Bobby-----Mane

The trust already being showed in Jota to me suggests he is more likely to be used as an early sub if needed, likely for Sadio if he is still overcoming a sore leg.

Yeah that's the likely team (unless Thiago doesn't make it). I think Klopp won't fuck around with the dynamic of the front three as long as we keep scoring, even with Firmino out of form. Fabinho & Gomez should get another start at CB after yesterday's clean sheet too

Probably wise to rest Matip given Fabs & Gomez did well - anything resembling rushing him back would be foolish. I expect we'll have a lot of the ball in this one.

They’re shit and could easily have lost against Fulham. 7-0 win, Salah, Mané and Jota to each bag 2. Robbo with a 94th minute tap in to get the 7th.

This is our £14.95 great value produced at cost game isn’t it? Can’t wait to hand over my money

I'd go:

Adrian

Trent
Fab
Gomez
Robbo

Gini
Hendo

Minamino (just ahead of those)

Jota
Mo
Mane

van Dijk, Alisson and Tsimikas are the only ones confirmed out for tomorrow.

Thiago and Matip will be in contention if they train today.

I really hope Matip is fit for two reasons; one because he's fucking good and secondly because that Fabinho/Alcantara CM apex looked very sexy last week and it could develop into a Viera/Petit type of pairing in that they can be hugely effective with or without the ball.

I really hope Matip is fit for two reasons; one because he's fucking good and secondly because that Fabinho/Alcantara CM apex looked very sexy last week and it could develop into a Viera/Petit type of pairing in that they can be hugely effective with or without the ball.
While I would love that I imagine we will not see it too often this season with Virge out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom