• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Arsenal (H) Sat 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Match thread starter
So more injuries are piling up... nightmare. Rumours suggest Hendo will miss out, not sure who will be back, maybe Thiago?

----------------Ali---------------
Trent--Matip--VVD--Robbo
------------Fabinho------------
-----Thiago-------Jones------ maybe Millie might be back?
Salah------Origi--------Jota I think Mane will be on the bench if he's been sent him.

We'll be needing some big performances from those without too many minutes yet this season. Arsenal have been tight at the back in recent weeks (well - keeping CSs but giving up chances) and clinical up front without making too many chances. Let's see if we can get the season back on track with a win here.

--------------------Alisson-----------------
---Trent---Konate---VVD----Tsimikas--
-------------------Fabinho---------------------
----Chamberlain-------Thiago-----------
-------Salah-------Origi----------Jota

WTF is it with us and injuries ? We again have more (8) than any other club in the PL (Brentford have 7, everyone else less than that). FFS.

Anyway Mane was taken off as a precaution, he'll likely be back and fit : Nov 11: "We took him out as a precaution and there is nothing serious."
Milner, Jones, Keita are all listed as likely being back from the 20th Nov. Hendo was taken off for a knock and given 50/50. I reckon it was just a precaution and he'll start.

Xhaka, Partey and Kolasinac all out for Arsenal.

---------------------------Ali---------------

Trent----------Matip--------VVD------------Robbo (though I wouldn't mind Tsimikas)

-----------------------Fabinho

--------Hendo ----------------------Thiago

Salah----------------Jota-------------------Mane

Yeah, I think and hope Mane and Hendo will make it. We desperately need to get back to winning ways again. Arsenal are playing well and are in good form. Doubt it will be easy, but we have to win.

Looks like Tsimikas at left back - not a terrible time for Robbo to get an injury in my opinion, he's been a shadow of himself, very wasteful in attack and his ability to hold an offside line has been poor. Give the lad a month off and let the greek deputise, bringing a fresh Robbo back for December's manic period.

I really am not confident for the game - I know it's Arsenal, but it seems we're an ... unhealthy team again. That is our biggest weakness ...

We will start with a better first XI, even with the injuries in the squad. Arsenal are on form so we need our squad players or those coming back from injury to be starting with the right attitude.

I think this might be our XI, with Hendo/Mane borderline. We have a dead rubber against Porto midweek (at home) before we play Southampton so plenty of time to rest and wait for key players to return.

Trent--Matip--VVD--Tsimikas
-----Thiago-------Jones------
Salah------Origi--------Jota

We will start with a better first XI, even with the injuries in the squad. Arsenal are on form so we need our squad players or those coming back from injury to be starting with the right attitude.

I think this might be our XI, with Hendo/Mane borderline. We have a dead rubber against Porto midweek (at home) before we play Southampton so plenty of time to rest and wait for key players to return.

Trent--Matip--VVD--Tsimikas
-----Thiago-------Jones------
Salah------Origi--------Jota
Jones not expected to fit be until the 20th ?

--------------Allison----------------
Trent---Matip--VVD--Tsimikas
------------Fabinho---------------
-------Milner------Thiago-------
-Salah------Origi-------Jota---

I'd be tempted to swap Origi and Jota as it gives us some pace down our left, but Jota probably gives Tsimikas better protection.

There's probably reasonable shouts for Minamino to start too, but playing him and Jota leaves us a little short on genuine pace upfront (Salah aside, obvs).

Will be interesting to see our set piece threat, White & Gabriel don't strike me as particularly dominant in the air and I don't see much height elsewhere on the pitch. Could be perfect for having the greek god on set piece and VVD & Matip/Konate in there.

I guess Mane won't play this one or will be on the bench - so surely it has to be one of Origi and Minamino playing. Possibly even Origi up top and Jota playing wider

Haha duh. I hadn't realised it was so far off. Not sure Klopp will throw him straight back in though if we have 3 senior midfielders available.
We have Hendo Fabinho and Thiago all classed as fit, don't we?

Jones will probably play against Porto

257829323_4915818521764298_7083264132187013065_n.jpg

Based on that I don't think Hendo will start. But ideal if Thiago & Fabs can both do so.

You’re going to be disappointed. Thiago has been well short of those few decent performances of last season.

In the two games he's started we've scored 6 and conceded 0. Hard to say he has underperformed given he's been injured the rest of the time. He was great in that palace game too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom