• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match: Liverpool v Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Last home game of the season. Tomorrow at 8 PM.

Team news from Klopp:

• Hendo recovering, didn't need surgery, doing some light training. Will definitely be fit for the Euro's, very doubtful for the EL final.
  • Sturridge is in good shape, could improve his fitness though.
  • Will play the fittest players against Chelsea. Hints at players who were rested against Watford.
  • Talks about not resting players for the finals now and that if he rests players they'll be fit but not "in shape" or "rhythm" for the final.
Other stuff:
  • Understands that Uefa picked Basel because of prior finals.
  • Some vague answers about next season and improving the squad and our performance in the league. Looking forward to pre season and next season.

Probable line up:

------------------Mignolet

Clyne-----Lovren------Touré-------Moreno

--------------Can--------Milner

Lallana--------Firmino-----------Coutinho

-----------------Sturridge

Last edited:
Apparently Chelsea fans are going to make some kind of 'statement' about Brave John Terry at the game.

Like a chant and maybe a banner or something demanding he gets a new contract

Should be amusing, given one suspects The Kop's thoughts on the player in question will almost certainly be louder, and less complimentary. And possibly involving his Mum.

Apparently Chelsea fans are going to make some kind of 'statement' about Brave John Terry at the game.

Should be amusing, given one suspects The Kop's thoughts on the player in question will almost certainly be louder, and less complimentary. And possibly involving his Mum.

This pleases me.

I even heard they were planning a walkout at 26 minutes, gonna mill about a bit in the walkways and then come back into the stand hahahahah pathetic.

My hatred for El Plasticos is as deep as Silver Sean's love for the Arse - I hope we twat the cunts hard and deep - 1st team for this one

This will be Klopp's 50th game in charge. Fastest by a Liverpool manager.

This season has really been punishing in terms of schedule.

I'm really looking forward to this. Chelsea are, along with United and Everton, in the very top tier of most hated clubs.

I'd hope we see something like next weeks team. I reckon it picks itself

Mignolet
Clyne Lovren Toure Moreno
Milner Can
Lallana Coutinho Firmino
Sturridge

Fucking pisses me off that all season they've had us on some sundays playing at 4pm whilst another side plays, yet only one game is on UK TV, yet in the final week of the season two matches are on Sky at the same time on different channels.

They have FIVE fucking sports channels FFS, they could have done this all season.

Whilst I'm ranting, it pisses me right off that when I watch on NBC (US obv) they'll show other Premiership games goals at half time, but on UK tv they dont. Again, ridiculous.

Reactions: HC
Fucking pisses me off that all season they've had us on some sundays playing at 4pm whilst another side plays, yet only one game is on UK TV, yet in the final week of the season two matches are on Sky at the same time on different channels.

They have FIVE fucking sports channels FFS, they could have done this all season.

Whilst I'm ranting, it pisses me right off that when I watch on NBC (US obv) they'll show other Premiership games goals at half time, but on UK tv they dont. Again, ridiculous.

First world problems lol

I'd hope we see something like next weeks team. I reckon it picks itself

Mignolet
Clyne Lovren Toure Moreno
Milner Can
Lallana Coutinho Firmino
Sturridge

That is the team I would pick every week. Injuries, fatigue etc notwithstanding. Add 4 top quality new players to that, in defence, goal, midfield and attack....BINGO BANGO CHAMPIONS LEAGUE-O

First world problems lol

Ha, indeed!

I remember clearly walking home to Old Swan from the match then sitting outside the paper shop to wait for the pink to be delivered, & being so annoyed that I had to wait for Match of the Day (no acronyms back then!) to watch the other games highlights.

We live in an instant, digital age though, & the vagaries of the broadcasting rules here lead to some truly absurd events.

I live a couple of miles from Anfield, & on a Saturday I often watch a match that is played there. To watch it the signal is broadcast by satellite around the world, bouncing around until it meets a dish somewhere in the United States, where it is captured & retransmitted through an undersea cable underneath the full length of the Atlantic, then through more fibre into my house onto my screen, all in less than 10 seconds.

It's a remarkable, incredible, technological achievement, but it is also completely unnecessary, & truly absurd.

What's the average speed of the internet in UK? I have considered streaming but my internet connection can be slow and the quality I get is average.

Sigh.

Liverpool will proudly wear their brand new 2016-17 home kit for the very first time when they host Chelsea in the Barclays Premier League at Anfield tonight.

Following the reveal and release of the New Balance strip on Monday, Jürgen Klopp’s team are set to try the redesigned shirt, shorts and socks in action against the Blues.
The world-famous all-red kit takes inspiration from the club’s supporters, offers increased comfort and features flashes of amber yellow for rapid identification.
Get your hands on the strip now at any official club store or online, with free worldwide delivery available until 11.59pm BST on Thursday May 12 when ordering at store.liverpoolfc.com.

They changed some broadcasting rules lately. Earlier they were allowed to show all 15.00 saturday games in parallell while they now are restricted to only one live and the rest after all games finished. Maybe PL wont allow parallell live games in UK on sundays. Over here they allows it all days bar saturday.

Ha, indeed!

I remember clearly walking home to Old Swan from the match then sitting outside the paper shop to wait for the pink to be delivered, & being so annoyed that I had to wait for Match of the Day (no acronyms back then!) to watch the other games highlights.

We live in an instant, digital age though, & the vagaries of the broadcasting rules here lead to some truly absurd events.

I live a couple of miles from Anfield, & on a Saturday I often watch a match that is played there. To watch it the signal is broadcast by satellite around the world, bouncing around until it meets a dish somewhere in the United States, where it is captured & retransmitted through an undersea cable underneath the full length of the Atlantic, then through more fibre into my house onto my screen, all in less than 10 seconds.

It's a remarkable, incredible, technological achievement, but it is also completely unnecessary, & truly absurd.

Have to admit I have nearly chucked the laptop out the window when a stream hangs, which for some reason always happens when a goal is scored! But then I remember having to wait for motd in black and white!

Have to admit I have nearly chucked the laptop out the window when a stream hangs, which for some reason always happens when a goal is scored! But then I remember having to wait for motd in black and white!
Well tonight we would have been looking forwards to Sportnight with Harry Carpenter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom