• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre season: Napoli (N)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to get battered by City playing anything like this... would be a pretty damaging way to start the season.

Pre-season blah blah but we need to become competitive pretty fucking quickly.

Missing 4 world class players is a massive void in this team for sure.
Yup..

Expecting Youth to fill that void is part of the issue for sure..

We are top heavy in midfield.. but up front and at right back / left back where our game is all about is a cause for concern..

I think the major problem is who of top quality is wanting to come in and play second fiddle, to Robbo, TAA, from, Salah and Mane as essentially that's how it's going to be..

If we where City, we would be like here how does 200k a week sound.. Problem Solved..

Always going to be difficult to compete with that..

Though getting Studge off the wage bill, surely they gives us something to play with, or has that been sucked up with renewed contacts elsewhere ??

It’s hard to see how, we clearly plan to start with the formation and so far it is gash. Maybe we’ll just throw Mo & Bobby in and hope for the best.

It was never going to be an easy start but we seem to have given up on using any of Brewster, Wilson or Kent as replacements for the front three already, preferring to try and fit a couple of CMs in those roles instead.

To early to say I think regarding the formation. A few of the players I mentioned could get a few minutes against Lyon.
With Salah and Firmino probably being ready for Norwich it will be our usual formation I'm guessing with Origi in for Mane.

We are going to get battered by City playing anything like this... would be a pretty damaging way to start the season.

Pre-season blah blah but we need to become competitive pretty fucking quickly.

We wont be this heavy legged against City. We wont get battered either but can easily lose obviously. They're missing about 7 players as well.

If FSG are watching these games, then there should be alarm bells ringing in their heads. They should give Klopp the £100m he needs to address the problems.

Heavy legs shocker from a team who’s coach is renowned for it.

We’ll beat City.

It's not all good though either, is it?

Squad is still very thin, only now we have even more games. Our best players have been playing all summer, and we're going to have to rely on them staying fit all season again.

You need to strengthen to consolidate your position at the very least. Everyone around us is improving. But we're going into the season again a couple of injuries away from Lallana playing a key role.

Who am I kidding? He'll be injured too. Ox will step in. Hang on...

It's not all hysteria, but it's just very disappointing and a bit of an oversight. We desperately need top quality back up to that front 3 at the very least. We're fucked at right back if Trent gets injured. We have one senior left back at the club...

I fell asleep after the first half. Don't have much to add to what others have said. We were just awful. But what can you really expect from that line up.
I said it very early on, our second string team, I'm talking attack mainly, doesn't look good at all.
Easy to see why people are getting worried.
People saying Firmino, Salah and Alisson will be back. Yeah but with almost no match fitness before the City game.

It's not all good though either, is it?

Squad is still very thin, only now we have even more games. Our best players have been playing all summer, and we're going to have to rely on them staying fit all season again.

You need to strengthen to consolidate your position at the very least. Everyone around us is improving. But we're going into the season again a couple of injuries away from Lallana playing a key role.

Who am I kidding? He'll be injured too. Ox will step in. Hang on...

It's not all hysteria, but it's just very disappointing and a bit of an oversight. We desperately need top quality back up to that front 3 at the very least. We're fucked at right back if Trent gets injured. We have one senior left back at the club...

It’s not the same squad though is it? Brewster will play a huge part, Ox will play. Origi’s confidence is sky high. Horvere is a year older. We may not have brought in world beaters but our squad is better for sure.

We were never going to spend silly money. Let’s face it, to win a league title we need City to fall away. Hopefully that happens but there is no way on earth we are getting near 97 pts again. It’s absurd to even entertain that idea.

It’s not the same squad though is it? Brewster will play a huge part, Ox will play. Origi’s confidence is sky high. Horvere is a year older. We may not have brought in world beaters but our squad is better for sure.

We were never going to spend silly money. Let’s face it, to win a league title we need City to fall away. Hopefully that happens but there is no way on earth we are getting near 97 pts again. It’s absurd to even entertain that idea.
Brewsters is unproven. Origi is a super sub at best but no way could he replicate 1/3 of what salah does. Ox will break his toenail and be out for 6 months

We could have used one more attacking signing to give some cover when Firmino, Salah, Mane need a rest or are tired. Lot of games this season.

these games mean fuck all when it comes to results unless we are losing them something silly like 7 or 8 nil. It is to me all about getting players ready for the season and nothing else, and given the players we don't have available - it gives the manager the chance to play some players completely out of position and try out different formations for good laughs. It's all bollox - much like this post of mine.

Screenshot saved to camera roll.

Brewsters is unproven. Origi is a super sub at best but no way could he replicate 1/3 of what salah does. Ox will break his toenail and be out for 6 months

Yep as were Owen and Fowler before their break out seasons

We could have used one more attacking signing to give some cover when Firmino, Salah, Mane need a rest or are tired. Lot of games this season.

Don’t disagree but we are certainly better off this season than last. That can’t be disagreed with. Will it be enough? I doubt it.

Klopp:

The fight with the physical status with us, what can I say? I know everything what I say when you lose a game, everything what you say to explain, people think it's an excuse. But the last thing I want to look for is an excuse because we don't need it. But in fact, Napoli start in the same moment as we started with the pre-season but their season starts on the 24th of August, like three weeks later than ours. It means they train nice and smoothly. They train a little bit because they can train over the whole period. We have four weeks and need to be spot on. We have to train - I cannot change it. That's how football looks sometimes that we have rather heavy legs after a couple of weeks. We have another week which we will use to get freshness back, 100 per cent. But apart from that, if you are tired, we of course have to make better decisions than we made today in protection, we need a better formation than we had today. So, that's it. It was, of course, not good and we lost a couple of games now in the pre-season already. We try to use them, that's how we always try to do it, and I'm pretty sure we will play better football.

I think the "we're champions of europe" posts are actually more annoying in here than @Halmeister 's doom and gloom last season!

Other things that feel a missed opportunity are helping returning players get form in their best positions e.g. Ox at AM and Gomez at CB, however we've tried to shoehorn Ox in as a wide forward meaning he's struggling out there instead of picking up the position he was making his own in 17/18. Same with Gini - he was out best CM last year yet we have thrown him at LW rather than say Milner, or an actual LW.

You can bet that having players like Kent or Wilson up top would actually do reasonably well if they had our preferred midfield trio behind them.

Feels more like we are bodging together formations and line ups to get our most senior players on the pitch rather than actually use pre season to get people up to speed in positions and roles that they will play this season... *unless* we are actually going to put Ox and Gini out as wingers.

The Champions of Europe bit was put there because the same sort of moaning was happening last season.

Klopp has shown that he has an inkling about how to best manage a club and achieve success. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt, especially since the season hasn't started and the transfer window is still open.

Have to say Brewster looked poor yesterday trying to play as a link striker - loads of attempts at tight little flicks/touches/passes that didn't come off. We need Bobby back - i have limited fear about playing some of the youngsters around Bobby if he is leading the line but we really do struggle without him up there.

Have to say Brewster looked poor yesterday trying to play as a link striker - loads of attempts at tight little flicks/touches/passes that didn't come off. We need Bobby back - i have limited fear about playing some of the youngsters around Bobby if he is leading the line but we really do struggle without him up there.

Bobby has plenty of games every season where hes trying loads of flicks and touches that dont come off. Its one of the reasons so many people believe we need a top class alternative for the spells when he goes off the boil.

............Feels more like we are bodging together formations and line ups to get our most senior players on the pitch rather than actually use pre season to get people up to speed in positions and roles that they will play this season... *unless* we are actually going to put Ox and Gini out as wingers.
Well that's exactly what we are doing .. trying to get our senior/first team players fit by giving them game time in whatever position possible. It may mean we play shite but it's more important they get the match minutes wherever they play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom