• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Question about LFC song lyrics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge Jules

6CM Addict
Having not been to a Liverpool game for a few years now, I'm out of touch with the songs and therefore unable to answer a query which a Baggies supporter I know e-mailed me. At the playoff at The Hawthorns the other night, some fans were singing a song he didn't know but was told was originally a Liverpool song, one line from it being "We will sing a song for you". Does anyone recognise what he's referring to?

Dunno, but villa have started singing allez allez allez with modified lyrics. Might be that but he heard it wrong. They were singing it all through the playoff semis

Every week we follow,

The boys in claret and blue,

We conquered all of Europe - in 1982

The Villa boys from Aston, we travel near and far,

You will hear us singing,

From the stands of Villa Park,

Allez Allez Allez Allez Allez Allez

Some Liverpool fans were getting upset at it, not realising that it's Napoli's chant in the first place, and clubs have been copying our songs for decades anyway.

I suppose direct stealing the we conquered all of a Europe bit is the thing, but at least they did at one point

Have never heard city sing it but nice to see them riled - its fuckin' epic although annoys me that we've used the line "running down the wing" whens its a key line in Mo's song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom