• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Real Madrid (H) Feb 21st [CL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salah in a nutshell there ... 3 v 2 break and his final ball is poor... so frequent today but hey, world class finish and top cl scorer, so hes aces

Surprised Madrid haven't turned the screw here. I reckon they could've scored more, but seem to have settled with five.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Trying to play through 5 fucking players on the edge of the box. Fucking stupid

It's the latter. Our midfield is an embarrassment.

Personally I thought he did well under trying circumstances, so...

why-not-both-why-not.gif

Technically we are nowhere near Madrids level. There's just been too many bad passes, too many times a bad first touch has let us down, and can no long make up for that deficienty with work rate and intense pressing.

Madrid can smell blood from miles away are are probably the most ruthless, cutthroat team I can remember. They'll likely win the trophy.
Yes this

Start pre season by showing this second half and just sat that we shall never be this outplayed again.

Start pre season by showing this second half and just sat that we shall never be this outplayed again.

Until we reach Madrid in 13 days.

On a more serious note, though it's frustrating (more so because my 14 year old is gutted, and worried about all the teasing he'll get tomorrow at school), it's really expected.
Our midfield would struggle in the championship.
Our defense is just poor.
Our attacking has great talent, but the final ball is all too often poor.
Our best player is Alli, and even today, he let us down.
I mean, I wanted to win. I believed we would, but my head knew that would have taken everything going right - and it did for a few minutes.
Oh well, just try to somehow sneak into the top 4.
If not, well CL footy under Klopp has been a privilege and hope we get to experience it again some time.

We've made mistakes, but they've punished very single one. We've also had some calls not go our way. I know we look very naive here, and made some true blunders, but I do think we've been unlucky too.
Two ridiculous pieces of bad luck (Ali and Gomez, story of our season in many ways) and we could see the confidence drain out of them like someone knocking back a pint. RM will have still equalised (without those goals) but we would have been well in it still, their 5th only came about because we were throwing the kitchen sink at it. In the end RM's class told, as Squiggles said technically on another level, but they still needed a huge slice of luck to get ahead.

This stung more than the finals for me.

Possibly because we were 2 up and looking dangerous.

Oh well.

Joe Gomez is woeful.
Not out quick enough for 1st goal and turned his back.
Whilst Alisson should have done better for the 2nd goal Gomez shouldn't have played it back ball should have been cleared for a corner
3rd goal stupid free kick to give away

Pity Konate is made of quavers, cos gomez shouldn't be playing in this league. Dunno why matip was dropped for him. But the pressure on the defence is massive cos Fabinho and Henderson aged a decade in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom