• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rodgers, I at least am prepared to cut him some slack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlads Quiff

Well-Known
and I don't think that is unreasonable after only twelve weeks.
I like the man, I know he comes across a little odd in the Fox thing, but if we were not aware of that we would be none the wiser.
I am certain the players genuinely like him, and understand what he is about, sometimes he is a bit too honest for his own good, but he seems to see things as we see them.
Downing and Cole are persona none gratis, and rightly so, and he lets us know they are.
People are looking at him from the perspective of intelligent logical people, most footballers don't meet that criteria it really is a world apart.
He has nailed his colours to the right masts, he is a big Suarez fan and rightly so, and gives people a chance, certainly as far as the yoof goes anyway, and the playing style is getting there.
He got shafted in the transfer window, and the owners know very well that they and Ayres got it badly wrong.
If your own personal feelings do not match mine, I respect your opinion, but we don't really have any options, we can't change managers like we change our undies, we have no option but to give him two years at least - come what may, don't dig a hole too deep to get out of, give him a chance.
If we win tomorrow we will be four points off fourth - strange but true
regards

Fine post.

Unfortunately some mentalists are already against him, be it that he isn't Dalglish, or Benitez or perhaps the Being Liverpool documentary portrayed him in a bad light (as it would most managers).

We have to give him time, at least two seasons really.

Yep, agreed. Chopping and changing is not good for the club or the plan. This season was always going to be transitional and it amazes me how everyone accepted that during the summer but as soon as it goes bad, forgets what this.
The call-it-as-I-see mentally really is nothing more than knee-jerk reaction.
We have the basis of a good team that can challenge for honours, be patient, back the team and let's see where we end up. We might be pleasantly surprised.

Obviously chopping and changing isn't good but i don't buy into the idea that we just have to stick with Rodgers because of the shite gone before him . He surely has to have targets and show improvement himself . I mean it's been known for people to come in and actually do their job well . Just not at this club for the main in recent years .

and people talk about good style , good football beliefs, but if the results don't come it means fuck all . Dalglish's team played much nicer football at the start of last season than rodger's has so far . They didn't get the results so ended up with both shite football , shite results and everyone out on their arse.

I agree weve all been far too trigger happy and impatient, hell i remember people were calling for Hodgsons head months before he got sacked and he only had 6 months douschebag that he was.... Yes he comes across as weird and personally i would find all that knowing guru yoga philosophy shite to be very annoying were I a player but at the same time he seems to be very well spoken can pronounce all his consonants doesnt wind up the press and is trying to get us to play nice stuff even though we patently lack firepower.

It's almost as though this death roll we've been in since the dying embers of Rafa's time has really given us a battering in terms of optimism and faith. Optimism and faith two things which have been integral to the spirit of being a Liverpool fan for so long, even when we were lording it as well, following the team is supposed to make us happy just like Shankly said it should instead we've be left moping around while financial superpowers have been playing with "our" ball.

It seeps into the club the pessimism, the snide bollox written on here by all of us from time to time even.... we need a good ol' fashioned winning streak gents to blow the cobwebs off a bit and feel energised about it, I can't honestly remember the last time I felt optimistic about it, probably in the early days of Kenny MkII.....

We've been shite but so have Spurs so have Arsenal. hell even Chelsea have been dropping poins and Man City aren't firing yet.... it's not over.... we've just got to get that win, a good win, and see if that will help.... i reckon it might...

Attacking the manager is a crap game and I'm not interested in playing again for a while.

He definitely needs more of a chance and I'd give him this season but if things are going so badly by the end of it that we need to take stock, then I'd be prepared for that provided there was a replacement with true championship winning calibre like Guardiola.

My worry is that Rodgers 'style' is too fragile for us to be successful and we give away so many soft goals and leave ourselves exposed. It's all very well when you have a midfield and front 3 like Barca do, but there aren't many players like that around, nevermind in the same team.

I really hope it comes together under Rodgers, as when we play well we look great. However, we are too easy to score against which is not a good foundation.

Fine post.

Unfortunately some mentalists are already against him, be it that he isn't Dalglish, or Benitez or perhaps the Being Liverpool documentary portrayed him in a bad light (as it would most managers).

We have to give him time, at least two seasons really.

Maybe it would be a good idea if those prepared to cut him some slack, or those prepared to support him to the nth degree, show some respect to those who regard him critically and not call them 'mentalists'. I don't object to those holding the opposite view. It's sad how it isn't mutual, but it does undermine their stance.

I said mutual respect. Rodgers doesn't read this column and it's no one else's business how much respect Is shown him. In my eyes he's a bullshitter and I'm not going to be forced to respect him because someone else demands it. A good Liverpool manager respects his own players, rather than slopes off to the press to lay any blame on them.

This is only my opinion, and everyone is entiteled to theirs. But I think the views of the anti Rodgers group would be much more respected if you didnt call Rodgers every name in the book and make snide remarks.

Cant remember who urged Ryan to show more respect towards Kenny.
Well, imho Rodgers deserve the same. He's our manager, respects our history and tradition and works hard to bring back the glory days. Maybe the results havent been good enough yet, but we're 9 games into the season and there is a loooong way to go.

I'm still drunk. Love ya all xxx

I've got quite a lot of credit - more than most - in the bank when it comes to discussing LFC managers because I've never been one to attack any of them in the past (unlike rage or whoever else was treated with loads of indulgence by many on here, mainly I guess because they knew it kept the place busy, so cut out the hypocrisy now) and, believe me, it pains me not to like one now, but I've heard quite enough about this character to have a low opinion of him as a man. As a manager I hope he wins every match because I want the team to do so, but when I think someone is dishonest, cynical and self-serving, you'll have to forgive me but I'll call him what I like and not pretend I've a scintilla of respect for him.

It's strange that a lot of the people who work with him I.e. the players seem to have plenty of respect for him and enjoy working with him. I don't hear many, if any, negative reports about him. I think he's well within his rights to call out players who he doesn't see putting the right effort or attitude in. I also don't believe he's a major problem and 4 months and 9 league games is early to be judging him.

It's strange that a lot of the people who work with him I.e. the players seem to have plenty of respect for him and enjoy working with him. I don't hear many, if any, negative reports about him. I think he's well within his rights to call out players who he doesn't see putting the right effort or attitude in. I also don't believe he's a major problem and 4 months and 9 league games is early to be judging him.

Far far too early, I'm not surprised by it, but I am disappointed.

Thankfully this attitude isn't that common amongst fans I know who go the game & they're prepared to give him time.

Far far too early, I'm not surprised by it, but I am disappointed.

Thankfully this attitude isn't that common amongst fans I know who go the game & they're prepared to give him time.

Yup

fucking armchair brigade

*shakes fist*

I've got quite a lot of credit - more than most - in the bank when it comes to discussing LFC managers because I've never been one to attack any of them in the past (unlike rage or whoever else was treated with loads of indulgence by many on here, mainly I guess because they knew it kept the place busy, so cut out the hypocrisy now) and, believe me, it pains me not to like one now, but I've heard quite enough about this character to have a low opinion of him as a man. As a manager I hope he wins every match because I want the team to do so, but when I think someone is dishonest, cynical and self-serving, you'll have to forgive me but I'll call him what I like and not pretend I've a scintilla of respect for him.

For sure his ego is sizeable but IMO unlike Hodgson who talked of "having earned" the post he genuinely seems to at least talk of the honour of doing the job, you are not the only one who is miffed to say the least about the results but genuinely i dont see how Rodgers has done anything wrong yet, he is trying to get us to play the right way and Im still hoping ( just like you im sure) that we will start to get the results.

Behind the scenes he'll stab every last person at the club in the back to save himself. What I've been told is unforgiveable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom