• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rodgers on Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen C

Well-Known
Brendan on transfer targets and Reina

22nd Jul 2013 - Latest News​
  • 35 Comments
Brendan Rodgers has revealed the positions he hopes to strengthen during the remaining weeks of the transfer window.
copy_%283%29_of_130722-005-liverpool_melbourne_press_conf_51eca292af1da262587252.jpg

Most Recent News
Speaking at press conference during the squad's first full day in Melbourne, the manager was asked which areas he was now looking to bolster following early deals for Kolo Toure, Luis Alberto, Iago Aspas and Simon Mignolet.
He said: "There are obviously certain areas of the squad where we're a bit thinner than others.
"We probably need a wee bit more support at the top end of the field and that's something we'll look out for.
"It's not really about numbers, it's about quality.
"That'll be mixed with needing cover in the left-back position - that's something we're looking at. And we want that extra bit of quality at the top end of the field.
"If we can do that over the next number of weeks we'll be happy."
Rodgers was asked for the latest on Pepe Reina.
"Nothing as of yet," he said.
"The latest was that there was an offer to take him on loan but that's something that hasn't been discussed any further."

It has gone remarkably quiet on the CB front. Perhaps Rodgers and Skrtel have patched things up?

And by the sounds of things, our midfield is staying as is. Hmm.

It's looking like the Armenian dude was being signed out of Suarez money, which hasn't materialised

Explains the Bertrand link. I really hope we sign someone who can play on the right.

with the exception of left back and cover/competition for lucas , i reckon we have a fair few options for most positions . i'm just not sure how high a quality alot of those options really are . If the seasons started tomorrow with the squad we currently have i don't think i'd be too confident of vast improvement .

And i'm starting to get the feeling we might be left a little frustrated by the end of the transfer window . don't get me wrong , i'm not blaming anyone at the club , i just wonder if the quality we want is still available or willing to join us .

Explains the Bertrand link. I really hope we sign someone who can play on the right.

Dunno, we seem to be getting linked with middle players, I wonder if he thinks he can have Downing provide width and Alberto doing similar to what Coutinho did, but on the right? We also have Suarez who can play wide of the front three (particularly if Sturridge plays). We were linked heavily with the Armenian, and then there's been CE too, he seems to want another goal getter from that position, we've got a fair few creative players now in Gerrard, Coutinho, Alberto and Suarez, and we have a bit of pace and skill in Sterling and Ibe.

WHERE'S OUR FUCKING CENTRE BACK RODGERS???!!!!!!!!111111111TY

Do not even begin to tell me we're gonna start this season with that fat cunt Rolo Toure.

WHERE'S OUR FUCKING CENTRE BACK RODGERS???!!!!!!!!111111111TY

Do not even begin to tell me we're gonna start this season with that fat cunt Rolo Toure.

I wonder if he's going to give Wisdom a go, in place of Coates? So that would be Agger, Toure, Skrtel, Wisdom? Still not enough, unless Wisdom surprises us all (I think he certainly looks a good prospect).

It's looking like the Armenian dude was being signed out of Suarez money, which hasn't materialised

well it's hard to know , i mean the sale of carroll and shelvey has covered most of our purchases this summer so you'd think there is still 20-25m to spend . But yeah who knows with us .

Bit disappointed as i was hoping for proper competition for Lucas. Bit scared now that toure is going to be playing a lot more games than i hoped. I was hoping that toure was just backup to our main CB pairing.

Even with the left back and an attacking midfielder, i don't see how that's enough to make 5th let alone champions league.

We certainly need to address the issue we have when we don't have the ball, ie winning it back and imposing ourselves, it's like he seems to think we're just going to outplay and outscore everyone.

There's still time for a competent starting CB to be brought in. Calm down lads. We'll get the business done in good time and hit the ground running.

The Suarez decision will shape our first team and the replacement if he goes our ambition.

I would love to know what our wage budget is against how much we're spending on wages, as I think it may not be transfer funds holding us back but wages. Hence the Pepe Reina scenario. Also on the topic of CB's with Agger, Skrtel, Toure, Coates, Kelly and Wisdom maybe Brendan does'nt feel that's as high a priority as LB an a Forward. I'm all for Papadopolous signing but only if we sell either Coates or Skrtel. Maybe he want's to wait until January for that sort of deal, in which case it's a wise move in my opinion.

I wonder if he's going to give Wisdom a go, in place of Coates? So that would be Agger, Toure, Skrtel, Wisdom? Still not enough, unless Wisdom surprises us all (I think he certainly looks a good prospect).

I think someone posted something last week about Wisdom being told to keep his mind open about a loan move, which seems to suggest that at the time he wasn't being considered as Plan A to make the CB quartet this season.

Does Rodgers see Henderson as Lucas' competition for the DM role? Probably not, but I am musing. We were linked with that Jorginho (I presume) for the DM role but nowt seems to have come of that.

I would hope we'll be in for a LB, CB and attacking midfielder still.

It's becoming more obvious that we'll be starting next season with agger and fatboy as our cb's :( Hopefully we'll be that ace up the other end of the pitch that it wont matter. It'll be kevin keegan stylee football.

Loan with option to buy, the option being 4million euros. Clearly backup, doesn't seem that bad a deal, anyone know anything about him?

Valencia's president said it was likely to happen on the radio, for those interested.

I wonder what happened with his career that made him lose value? 4 years ago Milan almost signed him for 15M and when the infamous teeth medical led to cancellation of that deal, French champions Lyon signed him for the same 15M, which is a lot of money for a LB.

I wonder what happened with his career that made him lose value? 4 years ago Milan almost signed him for 15M and when the infamous teeth medical led to cancellation of that deal, French champions Lyon signed him for the same 15M, which is a lot of money for a LB.

that fact that he wasn't that good.

Or as someone on here suggested we werent in for him at all and it was all his agent trying it on to get a move. Which he did.
Lavezzi mk2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom