• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rodgers on Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow the teeth medical showed that he could have future spinal problems. Not sure how you find that out from your teeth though

Heh, it happened with Gerrard when he was a late teen, he was told his back problems stemmed from his wisdom teeth, so he had them removed.

Liverpool have reportedly launched a formal bid for Valencia pair Robert Soldado and Aly Cissokho according to Spanish source AS.
The Anfield side are to offer €30m (£25.2m) for 28 year old Spanish international Soldado and the La Liga side will cleverly circumvent the need to fork out a big sum to Cissokho’s former Lyon employers by offering the full-back for a fee of just €1m (£800k), clearly a fee way below the player’s market value.
Liverpool’s interest in Soldado will of course leave many wondering if the Valencia forward is seen as a replacement for want-away forward Luis Suarez, who returned to the club today for their pre-season tour of Australia.
Rodgers has already done some successful shopping in La Liga, bringing in Sevilla and Celta Vigo attackers Luis Alberto and Iago Aspas, and has hinted in recent days that he plans on making further summer additions having also brought in Kolo Toure and Simon Mignolet from Man City and Sunderland respectively.
Liverpool could well be keen to strengthen their defensive options and Rodgers may see Cissokho as a preferable option to Spaniard Luis Enrique, who had something of an average campaign last term.
Soldado is a proven goal-scorer who has netted 81 goals in 141 appearances for the Mestalla side though arguably he isn’t in the same calibre as Luis Suarez and as such would perhaps not be a signing Liverpool fans would be all that impressed by if they did indeed see the Uruguayan goal machine leave the Merseyside club.

Don't get me wrong Soldado is a class striker but do we really need another 1? I would much prefer us to go for a wing forward or an AM/CM. Plus 25M is some serious coin.

Would be pointless to spend so much when we have sturridge and have so many other areas of the pitch that need improving first.

I'd like another striker. Sturridge seem injury prone, Suarez misses 5 times more than he scores (and he still might go).

Maybe it shouldn't be Soldado, but we definitely need another clinical striker

Borini is hit and miss, Suarez might go/scores 1 in 5, Sturridge gets injured easily, Aspas is a new signing and looking at stats doesn't look the most clinical.

I'd be content with a nice 10m experienced/old or young striker.

Borini is hit and miss, Suarez might go/scores 1 in 5, Sturridge gets injured easily, Aspas is a new signing and looking at stats doesn't look the most clinical.

I'd be content with a nice 10m experienced/old or young striker.
1in5? The Suarez that scored 23 goals in the league last season?

And missed many many more

He's not clinical.

Rodgers admitted last season we played to get the most of Suarez, and he's said he plan this season is for everyone to get involved

Our style will change so there's no guarantee Suarez will get as many this year. Ideally, we need someone who'll shoot with greater accuracy

And missed many many more

He's not clinical.

Rodgers admitted last season we played to get the most of Suarez, and he's said he plan this season is for everyone to get involved

Our style will change so there's no guarantee Suarez will get as many this year. Ideally, we need someone who'll shoot with greater accuracy
No problem with buying a striker with any money left over after strengthening our midfield and buying a CB.

25 mill for Soldado is to much, and I dont think we'll go there unless Luis is sold.
Spurs are after him and it could just be some paper story to make Spurs pay what they want.

There was a story in a local Rome paper that Lazio want to buy Borini for 10 mill. Maybe we're replacing him?

If he wants a Striker why not go for Dzeko? he does'nt look like he will get many games with their new signings. Still rather someone like Shaqiri though.

It's a strange one, he can only play out and out striker can't he? Unless Sturridge is going to be getting some wing time? This doesn't look likely.

It's a strange one, he can only play out and out striker can't he? Unless Sturridge is going to be getting some wing time? This doesn't look likely.
Yeah he's an out and out striker, he's a damn good player to be honest good on the floor and in the air, but unless we're selling Suarez or Borini I don't understand the reason behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom