• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rodgers' wife wants 51 house and half his wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you may be putting a moral argument against a legal argument there though.

I don't know anything about Rodgers' wife, but my guess is that she will argue that she would have embarked on a different career had she not been married to him, and should be compensated for that. In this case it is by raising the children, but even if there were no children, she would say that she supported his chosen career in other ways, she had to move around wherever his career took him, she might have had to deal with the properties in some way, etc etc.

But, pretend there's no kids for a sec, that's something he obviously has to pay for. But say re the part of her having a career etc - Isn't it her free choice to stay at home? She's not a prisoner. If she wanted to go out to work and have a great career, she could have. It seems that the partner that brings in the money is expected to pay for a lot of 'what if's'.

If rodgers wife can prove she had some sort of unpaid input into his business's management, then that's fair enough, she should be compensated as such. But to the extent of what a business manager/consultant would get paid, not 51 bloody houses.

Beg to differ.

They meet when they were young. Build a fortune together. She raised the kids and he made money. Clear deal from day one.

Of course she gets half. As her future earning potential is very limited it's only fair that she gets a share of his future earnings for a limited time.

But at least half of all they made together!

I agree with everything except getting half.

Also, their kids are 17 and 20. If she wanted to work she could have for the past 9 years. I think she has proven she would rather do nothing already.

I think being kept in the same lifestyle is rather reasonable. But for her to become wealthy off the divorce is a little much.

How the fuck did Rodgers afford 102 houses anyway? He can only have been earning really good money since he joined Liverpool.

And if he owns 102 houses why did he have to rent one when he left his wife?

They must all be complete shitholes.

Maybe while he was off broadcasting tactics to a podcast she was off with Robbie Fowler doing something tangible.

So that condones what he did?

And he has not behaved "better than most people." Don't be ridiculous.

It doesn't condone it at all and nor did I say so. It happens and in many cases it involves other behaviours that are pretty unpleasant. He's behaved badly but so do many others.

eddie-murphy-joke-half.jpg

Could someone explain to me why people are entitled to half of their partners wealth during a divorce when they've not contributed financially to any of it? And why would they get of their income moving forwards post separation?!

I can obviously understand that if a couple buy a house together, both work, both pay into the mortgage, that when they split, they should obviously both get ~half. But if the other half has not worked, and sits at home as a wag (lets remove kids from the argument for a second), then why is she entitled to anything at all? The other half hasn't illegally imprisoned their partner, they are there at home of their own free will.

I guess the law is in place to deal with normal circumstances, not the one's of WAG's.

Normally, one way to look at it would be to consider the non-paid work as in running a household, raising children also as contributing.

As for WAG's, that's the risk you take for prime, trophy pussy that would be out of your reach in normal circumstances.

I believe Bill Burr summed it up quite well when he called some women "gold digging whores".

Chris Rock on OJ Simpsonis possibly the best divorce related comedy you'll get :

"I'm not saying he did it, but if he did....... I understand"

But, pretend there's no kids for a sec, that's something he obviously has to pay for. But say re the part of her having a career etc - Isn't it her free choice to stay at home? She's not a prisoner. If she wanted to go out to work and have a great career, she could have. It seems that the partner that brings in the money is expected to pay for a lot of 'what if's'.

If rodgers wife can prove she had some sort of unpaid input into his business's management, then that's fair enough, she should be compensated as such. But to the extent of what a business manager/consultant would get paid, not 51 bloody houses.

I can only assume from your input in this thread that you are not married and therefore simply do not understand the dynamics and commitment of a marriage - even if they end in dissolution.

Chris Rock on OJ Simpsonis possibly the best divorce related comedy you'll get :

"I'm not saying he did it, but if he did....... I understand"
I haven't seen that one.

Bill Burr calls Arnold Schwarzenegger a great man, he comes to America and decides to be an actor, despite being able to talk...

What a world we live in. Liverpool fans arguing over the actions of the manager in his personal life. He's an odious pompous tit. But he's our odious pompous tit.
Until he hopefully gets sacked.
Soon.

How the fuck did Rodgers afford 102 houses anyway? He can only have been earning really good money since he joined Liverpool.

And if he owns 102 houses why did he have to rent one when he left his wife?

They must all be complete shitholes.

liar loans....like all the rest of the pwoperty miwwionairs out there.

Not made a penny off their own nous...just loaded up and rode the pwoperty bubble.

Dont worry,it will go pop soon, and we will all be able to afford our own homes and the speculators can go bust.

I think it's crazy for your partner, male or female, to benefit financially from something they've provided no financial input into. So you're loaded, she starts knocking off the milkman, you get a divorce and she gets millions - crazy.
If there's kids involved, obviously you should have to provide for them.
But your partner, no chance.

If the marriage ends due to her cheating I reckon she'd be due a lot less.

102 houses in Wales could add up to about half a house on the Wirral

There was a story a while back where Rodgers was fined for not looking after a house properly. It was a horrible looking place.

Beg to differ.

They meet when they were young. Build a fortune together. She raised the kids and he made money. Clear deal from day one.

Of course she gets half. As her future earning potential is very limited it's only fair that she gets a share of his future earnings for a limited time.

But at least half of all they made together!

It's the idea they made the fortune together that gets me. So the raising of children and bringing in millions as a PL manager is an equal contribution?

It's a laughable interpretation. Anyone can see it.

Shouldn't Rodgers just hold up 3 envelopes with different settlements in them and get her to pick one?

"Ah look, you've rejected 51 houses and half my wages.... but here's a bin instead".

He could even change his name to Ted.

Note : younger people might not get that reference

Peter: sometimes it certainly is, but not necessarily so. My sister has a well-paid job in IT and brings in some more on the side as a semi-pro musician, whereas her husband is a tosser who hasn't done paid work (unless you count voluntary work for petrol money) in a decade. However, he does the cooking during the week and other stuff around the house, and she's adamant that that's enabled her to stay in her job (which involves quite a bit of driving around the country) when she couldn't have done otherwise. There are as many different stories behind these things as there are couples IMO.

It's the idea they made the fortune together that gets me. So the raising of children and bringing in millions as a PL manager is an equal contribution?

It's a laughable interpretation. Anyone can see it.

Depends on your point of view. Putting most emphasis on economic value, like you and most of society today do, sure, I get your sentiment.
There are other perspectives though. Thank fuck.

Also, when married, the idea is that of a unit, not individuals. Hard to grasp in current times that one as well.

Ok, I have made more posts today than in months. Enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom