• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rodgers' wife wants 51 house and half his wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the idea they made the fortune together that gets me. So the raising of children and bringing in millions as a PL manager is an equal contribution?

It's a laughable interpretation. Anyone can see it.

Unless they have a prenuptial agreement it's the way of the law. It's totally fair.

Peter: sometimes it certainly is, but not necessarily so. My sister has a well-paid job in IT and brings in some more on the side as a semi-pro musician, whereas her husband is a tosser who hasn't done paid work (unless you count voluntary work for petrol money) in a decade. However, he does the cooking during the week and other stuff around the house, and she's adamant that that's enabled her to stay in her job (which involves quite a bit of driving around the country) when she couldn't have done otherwise. There are as many different stories behind these things as there are couples IMO.

Sounds like he'd be due the salary of a maid, then.

Not half of everything she earns.

Depends on your point of view. Putting most emphasis on economic value, like you and most of society today do, sure, I get your sentiment.
There are other perspectives though. Thank fuck.

Also, when married, the idea is that of a unit, not individuals. Hard to grasp in current times that one as well.

Ok, I have made more posts today than in months. Enough.

But you're talking about *measuring* financial assets. How else is one supposed to think about such things????

I'm not talking about putting pound signs on the feeling of watching their kids grow up or romantic walks in the rain.

It's the idea they made the fortune together that gets me. So the raising of children and bringing in millions as a PL manager is an equal contribution?

You're right. One had the daily responsibility for protecting and educating 2 children. The other one seemingly can't formulate a strategic player transfer plan, coach his defence or decide on a coherent team selection, never mind letting them play in their preferred positions. OK that's it, give her the lot !

Hang on......

If she divorces then she's single.....

She's got kids so she's a mother.....

That means ....... SHE'S A SINGLE MOTHER!!!!!!

Burn her!!!! Burn her now!!!!

The Horror! The horror.....

But you're talking about *measuring* financial assets. How else is one supposed to think about such things????

I would assume considering their lives together as a whole and not base the complete argument on earnings and assets. Which is what the law seems to do.

Hang on......

What the hell are you talking about man?

Hang on......

Imagine the benefits she's receiving for sitting on her fat arse all day. It truly is the end of days.

I would assume considering their lives together as a whole and not base the whole argument on earnings and assets. Which is what the law seems to do.

I don't understand. What part of sharing their lives and love leads to her deserving millions of pounds of his money? Isn't the first its own reward and totally separate from the second?

It seems almost like a joke to me.

I think it's crazy for your partner, male or female, to benefit financially from something they've provided no financial input into. So you're loaded, she starts knocking off the milkman, you get a divorce and she gets millions - crazy.
If there's kids involved, obviously you should have to provide for them.
But your partner, no chance.

I think it should depend on the circumstances. However, in this case I'm fairly sure she has enough dough to live very comfortably for the foreseeable future.

In general, yes, whichever spouse moves out (usually the man) he should provide for his kids, give her a few quid to keep her ticking over and pay his share of the mortgage. The thing is, that will probably cost most people half their earnings anyway.

I don't understand. What part of sharing their lives and love leads to her deserving millions of pounds of his money? Isn't the first its own reward and totally separate from the second?

You are separating elements that belong together, like modern society does, worshiping the monetary.

Question, would it be fair if she got the kids and he kept his cash then?

In most cases I would not advocate that the party not responsible for the majority of the family income (even if they are the wronged party) should be entitled to 50% of everything, there would however be many considerations ; family, years together, potential future earnings of both partners (as a result of the marriage), career progression (or lack of), the wronged party (if any), and in this case who was responsible for the investments / property (this could come down to house by house and profit gain on each) etc. etc.

It would obviously be grossly unfair to say she is not entitled to anything, and if she is entitled to something then that amount needs to be properly calculated by evaluating contributions to the marriage (no matter how each of us would value them). Demanding anything less than 50% of assets at the outset would be to demonstrate to the court that you feel your contribution was less than 50%.

You are separating elements that belong together, like modern society does, worshiping the monetary.

Question, would it be fair if she got the kids and he kept his cash then?

No I'm not. Stop saying I am.

No, I think it'd be fair if he was offered a choice between compensating her for raising the children and letting her keep them.

I'm appealing to your "Tory" sensibilities.

Next we can talk about how society (ie the tax payer.... or you, for short) can subsidise her instead of Rodgers.

I'm not a Tory, and I'm certainly not a conservative, or the type of person to much care about single mothers or benefit claimants etc. I'm remarkably enlightened and liberal on such issues.

I'm not a Tory, and I'm certainly not a conservative, or the type of person to much care about single mothers or benefit claimants etc. I'm remarkably enlightened and liberal on such issues.

Yep..... Tories don't care much about single mothers or benefit claimants either.....

I'm messing with you...

There are so many sacrifices, compromises, disappointments, moments of pure bliss which are critical to a success or failure of a marriage. The internal dynamics are way more important than some of the external things which we see. Reducing it to he earned all the money so she should not get any or she deserves half of the money is simply denigrating this institution.

Two of my close friends got married 3 years ago. If they ever split up ( hopefully not), I dont think I will ever be in a position to comment on who was right or who deserves what even though I know both of them very well. I am not sure how people are in a position to comment on whether Brendan is right or his wife is the victim in this case.

Could someone explain to me why people are entitled to half of their partners wealth during a divorce when they've not contributed financially to any of it? And why would they get of their income moving forwards post separation?!
I can obviously understand that if a couple buy a house together, both work, both pay into the mortgage, that when they split, they should obviously both get ~half. But if the other half has not worked, and sits at home as a wag (lets remove kids from the argument for a second), then why is she entitled to anything at all? The other half hasn't illegally imprisoned their partner, they are there at home of their own free will.
Not half necessarily, but if they have kids together & she has been staying at home to look after those kids whilst he works then it's easy to argue that without her doing so he couldn't have worked.

A wife who stays at home whilst the husband is working (or vice versa), is effectively enabling the other partner in their work. When both parents work it's hard for either to succeed as both need to regularly take time off & work less hours.

Not half necessarily, but if they have kids together & she has been staying at home to look after those kids whilst he works then it's easy to argue that without her doing so he couldn't have worked.

A wife who stays at home whilst the husband is working (or vice versa), is effectively enabling the other partner in their work. When both parents work it's hard for either to succeed as both need to regularly take time off & work less hours.

By that logic any stay at home mum should be entitled to 51 houses and a share of a PL manager's salary on getting a divorce.

Or about 10,000% of most husband's earnings, in other words.

Indeed. Bringing up children is far harder and more worthwhile.

By that logic any stay at home mum should be entitled to 51 houses and a share of a PL manager's salary on getting a divorce.

Or about 10,000% of most husband's earnings, in other words.
Erm, no. By that logic it's feasible to say any stay at home mum who's husband works at a career for the length of their marriage with kids is entitled to some of the financial benefits that career has given him, no matter what that career is.
It's a very logical argument, I'm surprised you don't agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom