• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patience is the key word.
This is the start of a huge rebuilding process.

oh yeah, it's that time when everyone starts to convince themselves it's a good appointment even though everyone was appalled by the idea when it first appeared.

And people who were convinced LFC didn't need to change too much to challenge are now convincing themselves it'll take a 'huge rebuilding' process. Absolute nonsense.

fuck off. i thought you weren't gonna support us anymore. you're such a blag.

I really couldn't watch a Liverpool team managed by Martinez. Rodgers, I'm not that enamored by, just because I'd have rather we got in a manager who would attract talent. Having said that, if we're back to trying to play ball and attack to win games, then that wins some patience with me. The Houllier/Rafa/Hodgson years were a departure from the principles of that game. I'm not mad about this, but at least there's a vision, and Rodgers will have some credibility with the players.

I really couldn't watch a Liverpool team managed by Martinez. Rodgers, I'm not that enamored by, just because I'd have rather we got in a manager who would attract talent. Having said that, if we're back to trying to play ball and attack to win games, then that wins some patience with me. The Houllier/Rafa/Hodgson years were a departure from the principles of that game. I'm not mad about this, but at least there's a vision, and Rodgers will have some credibility with the players.

Ha !

what a pile of backtracking horseshit.

And people who were convinced LFC didn't need to change too much to challenge are now convincing themselves it'll take a 'huge rebuilding' process. Absolute nonsense.

You think it would have been better to continue the way we were headed?

TBH, its not a huge rebuilding process. But every new manager will need time to implement his ideas and tactical beliefs. That said, he isnt many signings away from having a pretty good team.

what a pile of backtracking horseshit.

hardly. It's not RM, and I wish we had a European manager, or an Up and comer that had won something somewhere, and yes, I wish it was Rafa, but there's a vision, and a philosophy behind it. Hopefully, our owners, and advisers know better than us!

hardly. It's not RM, and I wish we had a European manager, or an Up and comer that had won something somewhere, and yes, I wish it was Rafa, but there's a vision, and a philosophy behind it. Hopefully, our owners, and advisers know better than us!
Martinez was European, he is spanish

You think it would have been better to continue the way we were headed?

We were often headed to Wembley. There's no need to re-write last season so it sounds as though it was like Hodgson's spell in charge. I'm sick to death of it.

I have done a bunch of reading about Rodgers in the last day or two like FFF and I am of the opinion that it's a smart and shrewd decision. Also I have to say FSG have done this decently I think. Not a peep out of them - It was blabber mouth Whelan that was doing all the talking in regards to Martinez. They've gone up in my estimation. Behind closed doors (well in this day and age as much as you can be) The Liverpool way. I suspect a Dof or some other person of similar ilk will be coming in soon as well. When they want us to know about it I'm sure we will. My bet is Friday.

Van Gaal will be there to attract players ;) Look at Barcas manager now - the draw isn't him , it's Barca.

We were often headed to Wembley. There's no need to re-write last season so it sounds as though it was like Hodgson's spell in charge. I'm sick to death of it.

No need to rewrite last seasons cup efforts. The league is a totally different ball game..
Anyhoo, happy with his appointment.

. They've gone up in my estimation. Behind closed doors (well in this day and age as much as you can be) The Liverpool way. .

It's just the Business Way. It's how it should be done but these fuckers have nothing to do with the Liverpool Way, which is as dead as a dodo.

No need to rewrite last seasons cup efforts. The league is a totally different ball game..
Anyhoo, happy with his appointment.

Yes, and the team were not some hopeless bunch of long ball cloggers last season, so quit doing the forelock-tugging PR for FSG.

Skully - He's not a disgrace he was probably just exasperated by the situation. FFS have you not thrown your hands up in despair at LFC some times? Leave him alone - There is no need to keep going on about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom