• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's clearly a very good coach, and I have never questioned his position during the season, but I do wish he'd shut up at times. Mentioning the 'system' when asked about Coutinho's goal was cringeworthy. The system, after half time tweaks, worked well to keep Southampton out. Fair dos. But attempting to claim some reflected glory in respect of the 'system' when describing Coutinho's goal made me face palm. They picked up on it MOTD, and he can only blame himself. He asks for that sometimes.
I also don't like him openly telling opponents aspects of his tactics

25F7542900000578-2964227-image-a-3_1424648631846.jpg

I did like the use of the Brodge on MOTD

The question is can we keep it going for 12 more league games and win a cup

It would be an incredible achievement to make the champions league this year, even better with the FA Cup to take home as well.

What a springboard into next season that would be.

Next season would be exciting, the stadium reconstruction would be well underway, a new pitch will be laid and we won't have the loss of our best player to contend with. No world or Euro cup in the summer, only a few new recruits to bed in and plenty of coaching time to bring them through.

We dare to dream...

Two cups and a CL spot. Almost as good as 2001, if not better!

Seriously though, 3 cups and a CL spot. That was some season in retrospect given how much we talk about 2 games a week being a strain for the players in 2015.

Although Big Ears was obviously more enjoyable, you have to think 2001 was a more difficult thing to achieve

It would be an incredible achievement to make the champions league this year, even better with the FA Cup to take home as well.

What a springboard into next season that would be.

Next season would be exciting, the stadium reconstruction would be well underway, a new pitch will be laid and we won't have the loss of our best player to contend with. No world or Euro cup in the summer, only a few new recruits to bed in and plenty of coaching time to bring them through.

We dare to dream...
Your jib, I like the cut of it.

Seriously though, 3 cups and a CL spot. That was some season in retrospect given how much we talk about 2 games a week being a strain for the players in 2015.

Although Big Ears was obviously more enjoyable, you have to think 2001 was a more difficult thing to achieve
3 cups?

Not sure about "have to" (number of opponents in 2001 versus quality of opponents in 2005 - tough one to call) but it's certainly an arguable case.

Not sure about "have to" (number of opponents in 2001 versus quality of opponents in 2005 - tough one to call) but it's certainly an arguable case.

this is true. The PL (We were top 4) and the Europa League were much easier propositions. (Helllo Alaves! )Goes to show.

You wonder, with wealthy owners creeping into every league improving sides(Lately Wolfsburg and Valencia), how long until another club or two makes the jump to compete for top four. I think our relative stagnation in the last 5-7 years relative to the amount of growth other clubs have experienced might leave us more treading water than really being able to compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom