• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rugby World Cup 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wales are defending brilliantly despite the disadvantage.

I was sure they'd concede after having that kick blocked five out.

Decent penalty chance missed by Wales, they really can't afford that.

If they keep playing this way I can still see them winning this.

I agree. Welsh defence is still awesome. There's also much been made that this is the fittest team in the WC.

If they win this game they'll be heroes whether they win the whole thing or not.

I think a yellow card would have been justified, but the red was just too much. It wasn't malicious, and the guy wasn't hurt.

If we were to lose another prop then it will be uncontested scrums Mr Gatland..............

Am i being biased or was that a truly shocking call by the ref with a french mum?

I'm so proud of our lads we're still holding our own despite losing Adam and Sam.

We've lost though, no way is it possible to hold out for that long with 14 men.

TBH I'd have been disappointed with a yellow. I don't see what else Warburton could have done in the position in which he found himself, with zero room around the two of them, nor did he actively throw his opponent downwards (as, for example, Mealamu and A.N.Other did to BOD when the Lions were out there, without getting penalised I might add).

Rolland is a good ref but has at least one enormous howler in him every game. He did it in the last WC Final when he wrongly penalised us for crossing at a crucial moment. Wales are fighting hard but I fear for them now, especially as Hook's kicking boots seem to have gone missing.

Our tactics for the second half should be simple, when we get the ball give it to Jamie.

Liverpool better fucking win today!

I don't know Rafa, it's a shite France team and they aren't doing much. If Hook had his kicking boots on you'd be winning. This is the gutsiest Welsh team I've ever seen.

The red card might have been harsh but I'm pretty sure the IRB wanted spear tackles to be a straight red. It was clearly a spear tackle.

[quote author=the count link=topic=45879.msg1412159#msg1412159 date=1318672004]
Hard luck Wales.
You didn't get what you deserve
[/quote]

True.

Well bloody played.

Re: Rugby World Cup 2011

Didn't watch it all but Wales gave a great account of themselves

Ref was a wanker but Wales still should have won. France will get murdered in the Final whoever they're playing, they're totally ordinary.

I'd like to see the Blacks win it now as I have a cousin out there, but whoever wins the other semi-final I hope they hammer the French.

Lievremont looks like a cartoon character. He is also the Frenchest man ever, just needs a onion necklace and a stripey top.

I was baying for Wales but was so gutted! Could have won if one of the penalties or conversion went in! Hard luck Wales.

The ref killed the game, but let's not forget Wales lost by a single point yet contrived to miss a difficult conversion, a long penalty (Halfpenny licked a similar one against SA in the opener) but two eminently kickable pens that Hook contrive to miss. Just one of those would have won us the game and all of them would have been a 10 point victory. To be a player down from so early on, score a try and not concede a try for so long is a remarkable feat but counts for nowt thanks to the total wanker of a ref. Grrrrrrrr.

My attitude to decisions like that is if the player gives the ref an opportunity to send him off and he gets sent off then he can have no complaints. A spear tackle requires two deliberate things to happen, you've got to pick the guy up off the ground in the tackle (rarely done accidentally) and then twist him in the air (again rarely accidental). Warburton got what he deserved, Wales didn't though.

I don't agree. Not only was there zero room for Warburton to tackle in any other way, he then visibly let go of his man when the latter's legs got higher than his head, in order to avoid piledriving him downwards. It was an appalling decision.

That said, Wales could still have kicked their way into the Final.

Nonsense, you can't tackle like that by accident it doesn't matter whether you drive them down or not you're deliberately landing a guy on his neck.

Lifting a player from the ground and dropping or driving that player into the ground whilst
that player’s feet are still off the ground such that the player’s head and/or upper body
come into contact with the ground is dangerous play

I neither mentioned "accident" nor implied it. I stand corrected in respect of dropping the man though. If that's an automatic red card Rolland had no choice. If it isn't, he did have a choice and should have exercised it. I'd add that the rule in question pretty much means Warburton could not have done anything other than foul his man one way or the other - pick him up or obstruct him.

Interesting that you weren't quite so fastidious when Mealamu and Umaga (I think it was) tried to turn O'Driscoll into a tentpole that time.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=45879.msg1412300#msg1412300 date=1318682358]
I neither mentioned "accident" nor implied it. I stand corrected in respect of dropping the man though. If that's an automatic red card Rolland had no choice. If it isn't, he did have a choice and should have exercised it. I'd add that the rule in question pretty much means Warburton could not have done anything other than foul his man one way or the other - pick him up or obstruct him.

Interesting that you weren't quite so fastidious when Mealamu and Umaga (I think it was) tried to turn O'Driscoll into a tentpole that time.
[/quote]

I love the word 'fastidious', well in mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom