• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sakho

Status
Not open for further replies.
As usual, I'll caveat this post by saying that I like Sakho, want him in the team and feel like he has the potential to establish himself as a top class CB.

I can only go on what I read here because I don't really consume any sports media so it feels like there is a lot of outrage over some perceived bias against Sakho and not a lot of people saying much wrong (on here).

He is, at times, awkward on the ball and it has resulted in mistakes. That's not been invented out of thin air, it's not some lazy assumption because he's got a certain style... we've seen it happen. That doesn't make him a walking disaster, it just means he's got things he needs to work on. That seems pretty reasonable to me. Why does the debate need to get so polarized?

Back on topic though...I have a feeling Sakho is going to win my 'most improved player' end of season award.

As usual, I'll caveat this post by saying that I like Sakho, want him in the team and feel like he has the potential to establish himself as a top class CB.

I can only go on what I read here because I don't really consume any sports media so it feels like there is a lot of outrage over some perceived bias against Sakho and not a lot of people saying much wrong (on here).

He is, at times, awkward on the ball and it has resulted in mistakes. That's not been invented out of thin air, it's not some lazy assumption because he's got a certain style... we've seen it happen. That doesn't make him a walking disaster, it just means he's got things he needs to work on. That seems pretty reasonable to me. Why does the debate need to get so polarized?

It doesn't. What makes it so isn't the kind of reasonable summary you've posted here. It's when the things you describe are used as the basis for dismissing him as "sh!t" or for suggesting that he's more error-prone than others, the evidence for both of which just isn't there.

I'd like to point out that I wasn't talking about anyone on here with my earlier post. I don't know posters' opinions well enough. A few of my mates half watch the games and decide he's shite because he looks awkward. As Keni said, yeah he could improve his technique, and as Mark has said he does look like an accident waiting to happen at times. I have to admit that I get a bit nervous when the ball is anywhere near him. However, he hasn't made any mistakes yet, no notable ones that I can remember, and he is performing at a level higher than the rest of our CBs. The defence is all about stability and solidity and at the moment he deserves to start every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom